New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hello

My name is Frank and Im from Canada. Looking for some specific info and thought this might be a good place to find it. Lets hope so.

Hello everyone,
I'm a gun toting bible believing, constitution supporting American.
Prior military servise. Honorable discharged the day Elvis died.
I have a 100 yard range in my yard. I shoot a few rounds almost daily. I shoot .223 and .270 mostly. I reload almost daily. I'm retired and that's what I do to occupy time...

Hi Fellow TFL members

G'day from Downunder. I am a 65 yr old that has been involved with guns from a very early age, my dad was a soldier during WWII on the Kokoda Track and he introduced me to shooting to wit a No1 MkIII. Over the years I have owned a few of these and now own a No5 Jungle Carbine, a 98 Mauser and just recently collected a Model 1917 Eddystone. I still own my pattern 07 Bayonet along with one for the No 5. I also have a problem with my nerves in my legs that prevent me from going hunting in the high country but still able to shoot rabbits on my sisters farm, I have always had a passion for long arms and like to learn about all types not just the ones I have including my modern weapons. Hope to be able to learn a lot here

Cheers
Gunney

Hello from Chicago

Hi there. I'm new here so I just wanted to introduce myself.
I own a Chiappa Rhino, Beretta Cx4, Beretta 96A1, Sig Sauer P226 (40), and a Kimber Sapphire Ultra II (9mm).
Looking forward to learning a lot.

Hi everyone,

I've been a member here for a few months, just never introduced myself in this thread. I'm a long-time hunter, just started Uspsa shooting and reloading for pistols. Learned a lot on here so far, know I'm gonna learn a lot more. Thanks for all the good info and advice.

Greetings everyone. I came here for our mutual interest in fire arms and related activities. I currently own a Sig Pro 2022 and an AK47. I have an interest in learning better tactics and skills necessary to survive difficult situations. I've never faced a tough one yet but it's always a possibility

New member with lots of questions

I've had guns in my life since I was about 8 and own several still. However, I've come into control of a collection that my recently deceased father-in-law had. Most are easily identifiable and easy to place value on for the probate process. However, some have nearly no trademark information that I can track. There are a few black powder handguns that are the biggest problem. There are a couple of rifles as well that tell me what caliber they are, but little more. I'll be looking for help in this area and finding a way to value them properly.

Custom Engraving

I recently opened up a engraving shop in South Jordan Utah. Just trying to spread the word. I have my FFL 07 and SOT 2, I always meet or exceed ATF requirements of 1/16" character height and .003 depth. I also do custom engraving on metal, wood and polymers. I offer %10 discount to LEO and military, also manufacture discounts. You can see all of my work by going to the instagram link below. Thanks for reading

Polymer Marking

11206016_882778968431020_3941388874338249139_n.jpg

11025707_882778985097685_3146649597674943383_n.jpg

Metal Engraving

11146596_869431973099053_8499918304874211373_n.jpg

11139419_876366999072217_7139949991982047263_n.jpg

Wood Engraving

11070005_858912030817714_3442193265379001996_n.jpg

10600591_750596388315946_208081194956184846_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, My name is Brian and I'm from the "gun-loving" state of NJ. Ive been using TFL since I got into firearms about 3 years ago. A friend took me to a range for the first time and I've been hooked ever since. Below is a list of my current armory. Looking forward to learning more and shooting more.

AiKyPtq0J4z6gtBwCheeskCNj5w57itxtz3jmFEZg58%2CRMY7v_SDcYtjZSTQEH-M9VlMjBM8dEBu1gwqNEChm48

VHdw3KuCdfPw1F4otdVgK0KiyQYpvobzAxVvmjCmRSg%2CfSnk54L_9t1uTJdbMSAQxnJhldekZ41fXO9sxMjYe1U

- Yugo SKS
- Ruger 10/22: KIDD bolt handle, Williams Fire Sight
- Savage 10 PSR: Vortex Viper HS, PWS Muzzle Break, OD Green Alumahyde
- Ruger Mini 30: Magpul Rail, AccuStrut, Dynacomp Muzzle Break, Primary Arms 1-6 Scope, Trigger Job by GunDoc
- Stag Arms Model 3: MI Quad Rail, Magpul MOE fixed stock, MI BUIS, QD GGG Bipod mount w/ bipod, Burris QD PEPR mount, Nikon P223
- IWI Tavor: ProComp Muzzle Break, Eotech 552, Magpul RVG
- Ruger SR22: Tandemkross Wingman and Compensator, Crimson Trace Rail Master
- Springfield XD Tactical 9mm: UM Tactical Rail, Burris FF3, Coyote Alumahyde

Wow, reading just through a few pages of this thread it seems a lot of you already have a lot of experience. 100-yd ranges in your backyard?! drool...

I live in the Chicago suburbs, so my options seem to be local tiny 25 yd ranges or a 2 hour drive to a shooting club.

Anyway, newbie here, just bought a .22 rifle online. Mossberg 702. I'm learning that the real hunt is for the ammo.

I've got a lot of questions, but i'm a notorious lurker so I may be pretty silent. Oh well.

New from WA

New member to the forum from western Washington.

Proud owner of:
Ruger LCP .380
Ruger 10-22
Springfield XDs 9mm
Springfield XDm .45
M&P Shield 9mm
M&P Pro Series 9mm
M&P 15T 5.56

New member from a place called America

Howdy everyone,

Just got approved to post so I thought I'd pay my respects to the board.

Harry%20Cline_zpsmcsvh9hw.jpg

sweet%20pea_zpsrqu51bz0.jpg

New member from South Africa

Hi all
My name is Noddy (nickname) and I just got approved. Thank you very much for accepting me on TFL.
I am very interested in firearms (all firearms) and this resulted in me ending up working in an firearms environment.
Through some friends on mine I got interested in various sport shooting disiplines, as well as reloading.
I currently have various firearms and are in the process of buying one more rifle, a Savage 12 VLP in .308 Win calibre.
I am lookoing forward to all the interisting articles and discussions on this forum.
Regards and good shooting to all.

Sovereign Oregonian

Good Morning, I already received two sales pitches from member here. I decline.
The sheriff of Washington County, Oregon took my concealed carry permit when I was arrested for trespass with a firearm. It took me over 160 days to be found not guilty. It burns my ass to even have a concealed carry permit.

I am 76 and woke up last August. I learned a bunch in short order. I had my 40 S&W and permit. I always got all licenses, permits, etc. I accepted government changing my right to a privilege and charging for it or denying the privilege.

I no longer accept this. I'm seeking others in Oregon that are like minded. Constitutionalists.

Common Law grand jury anyone. Open or concealed carry with no permits.

shall not infringe. Oregon constitution needs to cleaned. It is repugnant now.

Hello all, I have been reading for a while. I'm interested in shooting sports as a whole, whether it's firearms, bows, or airsoft. See you around.

Hello everyone, I'm a new guy here but long time shooter. I hunt, fish and reload. I'm from Jersey unfortunately. Great info on here. Thanks everyone.

Jeremy

Hello all! Been posting a little before I found this. Been shooting for 40 years or so, Returning to hand loading after a 25 year pause. Lots of good information here. Thanks!

Back