New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hello TFL!

We're new to this forum; we've been an active part of the rimfire central forum since 2011. My name is Chris Nelson, I'm the Business Development Manager for MCARBO. MCARBO is excited to interact with members on The Firing Line.
Feel free to reach out to us with questions about our products.

New to here

I am a long time shooter, gave up for awhile to pursue other things. I am not a young man anymore as I approach my late 50's. I have my CCW so yes I do carry, when not working. Am from Ohio, I live near the site of the National riffle and pistol matches, like a 1/2 mile away. I would list the guns I have but they are nothing more than tools for what I do with them. I will say I built my first 2 ar's earlier this year.

Loving TFL

Im a new member from south louisiana and i recently had a legendary benchrest shooting champion ( D. Geraci ) build a custom 300 win mag for me. I would like to thank quite a few people on this site for lots of great information that lead me to my decision on this rifle. I just picked it up 2 days ago and cant wait to put some glass on it and some lead down range. Thanks everyone for your prior advice and ill try to post some pics.IMG_8617.jpg IMG_0511.jpg

Last edited:
Newbie saying hello

New to this site but it appears to be just what I needed in the way of finding info, etc on collecting and shooting collectible guns. I recently purchased a couple of Yugo M48 Mausers on line. Both appear to be in good shape after I disassembled, cleaned and oiled the "innards". I'll post something in Forums about them shortly. I'm pretty new to collecting guns and really got into it after I bought and rebuilt a MG42/M53. More on it later too. At any rate, hello to all and I look forward to visiting with y'all.

New member from Michigan

Hi TFL members. I've been firing a match air pistol and decided to get back into firing .22 LR pistols. I'm retired and enjoying every minute of it. I have a wonderful wife and two wonderful children. I have two motorcycles for sale and am in the process of buying a SYM CityCom 300i scooter. I'm happy to say my wife loves riding with me. Years ago my father, brother and I collected black powder rifles. I've always enjoyed shooting. I don't shoot a hand gun real well but I hope to get better through practice. Now I have to decide if I want the Smith & Wesson Model M&P22 or the Browning Buck Mark. I know they are both great guns. Shoot well my friends and always shoot safe.

new guy

Im new here, live in the Midwest and know nothing about shooting unless you count shotguns and 22 lrs. Hoping to gain some good info. Thanks, Stew

new kid on the block

Hey all,

This here is my first posting ever. On the internet. Just this forum actually.

Yea so I got into guns when I was 10. I didn't actually own one u,til I was 28 but I have always had a appreciation for a well crafted piece. Knifed included. I am here to gain more knowledge and help out where I can. From what I've seen this looks like a cool community who shares a lot of points of view!

I especially like pistols and shotguns. No bias, I love 1911s and I love glocks or revolvers. I just like them each for different reasons. Anyway I will probably learn a lot here hopefully. Wishing all a good hello and smiley faces. I'm an OSHA safety trainer for a big Old Castle company so safety is always on my mind. As well as fun. Peace, cya in the forums!

HELLO TFL

I am from North Florida.I am 55 yrs old. I am a handgun certified instructor always looking for better ways to help those in seek of the CCW. I am also a MINISTER, member of GOA, 2nd Amendment association... I enjoy meeting new folks, love listening to the experiences of others and asking those questions. tanks for allowing me to be a part of this fine forum

New Member Introduction!

Hi all!

I just recently received my LTC for MA and have been perusing the internet and handling as many firearms as possible prior to my first purchase. I have a close friend who is a vice president at a local range, instructor, and an old army armorer. I had previously only shot .22s in Boy Scouts and .177 pellets while hunting squirrels in my attic. Since then I've enjoyed shooting pistols, something that had always felt odd to me until popping off a few with an old Beretta 9mm.

I'm looking to pick up a Ruger 10/22 and some 22LR Pistol for plinking, practice, and fun. As time goes on I'll undoubtedly will move into the carbine market; the Mini 14 felt really good to me and I enjoyed an old SKS as well.

As a longtime forum-warrior on a variety of sites and topics I am excited to be a part of this community and will definitely be asking questions and engaging in discussions regularly.

Hi everone! New,old guy from Indiana

New to forums,but have 65yrs.shooting and hunting both big and small game.Plus 26 straight years hunting Wyoming.Now own an Indiana farm complete with 100yd.rifle range.Very handy to test and zero new firearms.Happy to be here,hoping to learn lots from all of you.:D

Hello all

New to the forum, long-time firearms enthusiast but only recently have I begun actively collecting and shooting them (from 4 to 17 in the last 2 years). Primary interest is in military firearms from the first half of the 20th century - but I don't limit myself.

Looking forward to learning and sharing.

Hi I'm Buddy. I'm from Oklahoma City. I really enjoy the wealth of information this forum provides. Been posting here a while already but just now introducing myself.

Hi all, new guy here from Iowa. I'm an avid deer hunter. I've got a lovely wife, 2.5 year old daughter and a second daughter on the way :D I'm only 27 and just getting a good start on my gun collection :D

Here's my list of toys so far:

-Savage arms model 94 in 17HMR(my coyote gun)
-Rock Island Armory M1911A2 FS 22TCM/9MM combo gun(soon to be EDC once I get it back from the 'smith)
-Mossberg Maverick 88 12ga. shotgun with the Adaptive Tactical Sidewinder Venom kit(used to be Knoxx industries, pic attached). This is my favorite as it's my deer gun. Don't have a recent picture, I've added a sling and a 24" fully rifled and ported slug barrel since this was taken.
-I have a .50 cal. Muzzle loader, sorry I forgot the make, I haven't shot it yet. It was a Christmas present from my father-in-law this past year :cool:
-Daisy poweline 880 air rifle .177 pellet gun that I use for pigeon and squirrel control, got this from my parents on my 14th birthday and it will still take a pigeon off a 60' silo cleanly.

Attachments

• gun2.jpg
    gun2.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 17
Morning all and howdy from north Texas.

Been reading through your forum for a couple weeks now and finally registered because it seems like a pretty good group of folks here.

I'm just one of those old, mean and ugly Texans who's been carrying a gun for 46 years and actually shooting longer than that.

Looking forward to participating in the forums.

New to the fourm ....

Hello TFL members .... Magnum here , New to the forum . Been in the shooting game for most of my life . Custom reloading my own ammo for over 45 years , loading about 12 different calibers , and 20 and 12 gauge shotgun . My favorite cartridge has Always been the 44 Remington Magnum Cartridge .

Maybe I can past some of my knowledge on to other's here and maybe Pick up a few pointers from some of y'all ... Mesquite ,Texas" is my home .... I'm a right wing conservative .... One Year Retired State Certified Comm. Exterminator .... with 45 years service .

Yep, new here..

Hello everyone. Must say great site what I have seen. I know very little of my new mail order bride to be..Supermatch M1A.. all I know is.." it was love at first site.".stocking money away a little at a time..but we will get there.
(2) 1911 45s
good shotgun..of which I have none yet..
just found my lasting hobby
that's gonna be my collection...ok..ok..
I may end up in round senders anonymous...Hi my name is Charlie..and uh,..uh..
I am a round sender....."Hi Charlie!!!

Hooyah

I'm not a real new member, just one that's been out of he loop for awhile. I'm retired Navy. I truly enjoy reading this forum and hope I can add to the discussion.

Back