New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hello,
I've been interested in guns since I was 18...served in the US Army,with honorable discharge.

I became involved with IHMSA competition in the 80's...& set the first perfect Production gun score in 1983 with my High Standard Supermatic Trophy 22 auto...

...got into another hobby about 19 years ago, & recently rediscoverd my interest in guns.A lot has changed over the years,but I'm catching up with it ans plan to get a new 22 auto soon. :)

Noob from Ohio

Hey ya'll,

Been a shooter for a long time. Dad and grandpas raised me up a hunter and a shooter. Spent 25 yrs in the military and shot on the OH Natl Guard Pistol Team for 5 yrs. Just getting into reloading and am looking forward to what I can learn here.

Thanks,

New guy from pa here

Hello everybody, born and raised in the coal region. Love military long arms, always did. Us military long arms is what i like the best, but that is the most expensive to purchase. I buy and sell stuff around my hobby. A friend told me about this forum. Read a bunch of good stuff already. My name is supposed to be "willys overland"
i love to go 4 wheeling with a stock vehicle, toyota j60 this month. Looking forward to meeting you guys. Thanks

Hello all, my names easy to figure out...

I grew up around firearms, my father was one of those preparing for the soviet invasion, he passed away in 91 when I was 9. (luckily he got to see the wall fall)

I remember my mother selling thousands of rounds of ammo, and a majority of his firearms he had collected, as I grew older I began to get interested in more of the World War 2 era firearms and started my collection with an Ishapore Enfield in .308 from Big 5. At some point I traded my dads Mini 14 for a Springfield 1903 and it all went downhill from there, bought a Garand and an M1 Carbine, Yugo K98, Mosin Nagant PU Sniper, Swedish Mauser, I went a little nuts...

I joined the Marines and got my fix of shooting the M16/M4, didnt do a lot of recreational shooting, got into racing motorcycles, and that became my passion.

I have recently started to get back into shooting, about 4 years after getting out of the Marines. Looking into getting into some long range shooting, I have a Winchester Model 70 in .300 Win Mag, and a Stevens Model 200 in .223. I have become proficient with them, but still need to do a little work with the 300 win mag.

Anywho, thats my life story in a nutshell.

Looking into getting an AR10 platform in 260 Remington as my all around long range shooter/coyote hunting/deer hunting rifle. Figured I should go with a platform I am familiar with, the .260 because its supposed to have similar ballistics to the 300 win mag, but less recoil, and do you really NEED a .300 win mag? Pretty sure the 260 will put down just about anything on the North American continent.

Thanks for tolerating my ridiculously long intro, and if you read it all, wow, Kudo's!

Hi from Georgia!

New guy signing in. Name is Jon I live in Carrollton Georgia. I coach our county 3P precision air rifle team and have been involved with coaching kids shooting sports for over 10 years. I also help out with the B.S.A which my son is active in . I was also in scouting when I was young and earned the Eagle rank. I own and operate Wolf Hollow Tactical. I have over 20 years in CNC programing/ operation and fabrication of many different materials. Will be expanding the business from kydex holsters and gear to other shooting, survival, outdoor gear as the company grows. Great forum you have here!

Awesome forum! Getting back into shooting!

Recently transplanted from Hawaii to Las Vegas. Like many of you on this forum, I lived in a state that absolutely hates guns, the 2nd amendment and pretty much anything rational.
Got back into shooting for ONE reason, because now I CAN! Been lurking for a few weeks now, just absorbing as most of the questions I've had could be found through a quick search. Looking forward to learning more and hopefully meeting some of you in person here in Las Vegas!

New Tennessee Member

Hello all,

This'll be my first post here. I come from a long line of gun enthusiasts and have an enjoyable history with guns. Over the past couple of years I've had to sell all of my pistols (about 12) to survive a divorce. Now that the fog is clearing, it's time to get a pistol that will be with me until the end.

I'm trying to decide what I can get that will make up for losing all those other pistols that I had to sell to survive. I'll have up to $1200 to spend. I've had Glocks, Sigs, Ruger, etc. All of them were great. This will be my one and only pistol for a year or so.

Not sure if I want to go back to Tupperware or if I want to get a 1911. The Desert Eagle 1911C has been calling my name lately and I've had a love affair with Kimber for years. However, Team Plastic (H&K and Glock) have things to bring to the table as well.

Decisions Decisions...

Thanks for stopping by.

Greetings from Iowa

Hello all-

Glad to be a member and look forward to reading and sharing information about all things firearms!

Just started to enjoy shooting and reloading a couple of years ago. I have a variety of guns and shoot them frequently. I'm fortunate to live near a couple of ranges... both indoor and outdoor. Many of my five children (and/or their spouses) also enjoy shooting sports.

I enjoy owning several makes/models and firearms from several manufacturers... Of course I have my favorites and have had difficulties with a few guns now and then... But overall I say "WHAT A FANTASTIC HOBBY" !!

I enjoy the ritual cleaning and enjoy reloading... Watching videos to troubleshoot and learn... And doing research on what should be my next purchase! Of course, my dear wife says I should try to stay cash neutral... So I do part with guns once in a while too!

So hello everyone and thanks for letting me join the fun!

Hi all,

New to the forums and owning a gun as well. I'm from the lovely state of MA, land of too many gun restrictions lol.

Hello, this is only the second forum I have ever joined. After reading the forum for awhile and noticed everyone is pretty friendly so I decided to join. I am a private military soldier I work primarily in Africa. I am hopeful to get to know all of you and learn or share what I can.

New :)

Hello!!

I am fairly new to this forum (wanted to join an international gun's forum that supports Tapatalk!). Am already part of a couple of local gun forums (I belong to Pakistan :D )

I used to own a Baikal MP-442 (Makarov), got kidnapped (with the gun) hence lost it...
Now I own a Norinco NP34 (9mm)

Also have an old churchill 7mm rifle (belonged to my grand dad)

-

Have a couple of questions..
How can I "like" a post or "quote" a post when replying... don't seem to have those options here.

Howdy folks :)

I already have a short thread going on over in gunsmithing, but I figured I would give myself a short intro here in the GD area. I go by "Dave" or "Chief Dave" and I'm in my late 20s. I have a couple toddlers, both boys. Married about 4 years. I hunt, fish, shoot, work on cars, and currently I am in school to get a degree as a diesel mechanic. I live in central TX. I'm on the edge of the city limits and the suburbs, so I don't shoot at my house. I go to a relative's house to do my gun stuff. (The local sherrifs in my county are very corrupt, I'm not even going to risk attracting their attention.)

Here's what I currently own and shoot...

Winchester M70 Westerner, 30-06; Has a cheap Tasco 3-9x 40mm scope on it that is surprisingly accurate to 300 yards. Currently looking to modernize and upgrade the rifle.

Remington 870 12ga; Youth/compact stock. Bought for my wife.

Marlin 880SS .22LR; Has a broken extractor/magazine latch. Planning to fix in a couple weeks.

H&R break open 12ga; Nothing special.

Star M45 Firestar; Also has a broken extractor. Could use some work. 50 dollars and a re-blue could make it functional and look pretty again.

Glock 30; Has the tritium night sights. Not fond of it. May trade or sell sometime.

Sig P232; Wife's carry gun. I never mess with it so I have little opinion of it. She seems to like it.

Mossberg M590A1; My favorite of everything I own. Ghost ring + front blade (rear adjustable), hi-cap mag, shell holders in stock, nice cordura sling. Always within arm's reach at night!

I plan to purchase/build...

AR-15 (M4 variant); EOTech XPS, VFG, SightMark LoPro green laser, flashlight

M1A Scout Squad; EOTech 512

Marlin 1894C; .357 model with a custom embroidered leather sling for my wife to carry horseback riding

S&W 686; nice sidearm to go with the wife's lever-carbine.

Taurus PT1911B-1; Budget .45, I've heard good things about them. Love how it fits my hand. I find it aesthetically pleasing as well.

Sig P228; Likely to replace both my Firestar and Glock as a carry weapon.

Hi,

My name is Eric and I am from Pennsylvania. I am a college student age 21 and I have been around firearms my whole life. I have found my niche in old war rifles, especially WWII, which I enjoy shooting and reloading for. I find myself working jobs just for gun money, and as I continue my hobby, I have to look more and more for the not-so-obvious answers to reloading and other gun related issues, which is what brought me here. I look forward to learning what others have to offer and wish everyone the best in our every challenged breed of gun lovers.

-Eric

new from Orlando

Howdy all,

New member posting for the first time from Orlando, FL. Just started getting into guns last year and recently obtained my CCP. I will be purchasing some new guns for various purposes (carry/defense/plinking). I've shot, and want to purchase these three guns:

Glock 19 gen 4
Beretta PX4 Storm full (9mm)
Ruger SR22

If scoured over a ton of information and visited just about all the LGS to pester them with questions. Whenever I bring up these 3 guns, many LGS staff want to offer the H&K VP9 as an alternative to the G19 and they almost all want to offer multiple alternatives to the PX4 although they don't really offer reasons why. In addition to shooting the 3 guns, I have friends who own some of these and I hear nothing but praise for them. I don't profess to being well versed at all, in fact....I'm on the forum to get advice from those that are willing to share.

Opinions?

new guy

I am stopping by to say howdy and a little about me
I am a disable Navy veteran. I live on the coast of Texas. I have been shooting firearms most of my life.
Just purchased my first ar-15 and look forward to learning from this forum.

I'm reintroducing myself...I joined the forum 2 years ago, work and family life got pretty hectic...I have been hunting, shooting all of my life here in west Texas...learn something new everytime I log on here and glad to be back

In for the win

Hi All, Name's Bill, I'm 61 and still working, born and raised in Palisade CO. Left Colorado in '72 for a tour in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club (USN) as an Avionics Tech. Married my Sweet Southern Belle in Memphis TN. in '73. Two grown and married sons, one daughter still at home, two grand kids, one of each. Have been hunting, fishing since I was big enough to hold a rod or rifle. I have hand guns, but mostly into long guns. Here to pick up some superlative wisdom from those who have "been there, done that, got the tee shirt"

Back