New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hello Everyone!

Hey TFL, my name is freedash22 and I have been lurking around for a while now and posting for a bit. I am excited about this forum because I love firearms in general and am interested in the topics being discussed here about rifles. I live in the Philippines and own a few firearms. I am 27 years old and I have been shooting since I was five. I like to read a lot and I also would like to share. Hoping to do some first impressions on some rifles as well, eventually in the right thread. :)

introduction

Hello everyone.

I'm Paul, live in OK, and am retired USAF medic. Benn a S & W fanatic whole life (74 now), and shooting remains my no 1 hobby/sport. I have a lot to discuss but need to find my way around the site first. My primary C/C weapon is a model 65 4" 357 mag.

Have a great, safe weekend, and don't leave home without it!, and call me Pablof Thanks, all

Where to post rifle photos

Hi moderators, do you have a thread where we can just post pictures on rifles we happen to come across in our trips? I have some I got on gun shows and Defense Exhibits in the Philippines and I was wondering if I could share these with the community.

Did my best

As a new member I'd like to let everyone know I posted many times as Gearmoe in attempts to educate the public in reference to the facts of 591 and 594. Did my best. Hope 594 is found unsuitable for the law books.

Greetings to all.

Hi All.

Stumbled across this forum. I enjoy shooting, but we are pretty limited in this country. I shoot a Lee Enfield No4 mk2 and shotguns, plus anything else I can get hold of (legally) !

You folks are so lucky (apart from those in California, I believe) and have a great variety in your firearms.

Look forward to reading and learning.

John

hello

Hi everyone, Swissfist here and I hail from the People's Republic of Chicago, where alot of us are exercising our 2nd Amendment rights with a vengeance. Grew up with a good buddy who's dad was a collector/shooter/reloader etc.and learned a lot from him. A life long interest gree from there but could not openly pursue it on account of living in Liberalpussistan. Had some nice shotguns and rifles but no handguns til a few years ago. So I have been playing catch up, but its fun. I know a little about a lot so I hope you all can help me fill in the missing pieces when I need them. Thanks for being here.

Hello from the WV

New member from the WV. Shooter, reloader, hunter, etc.
Been doing this a fair while. Glad to be here ... and learn some new things and share what I may know.

1911 obsessed

I've gotten a lot of good information on TFL over the past few years have decided it's about time to sign up! Some sites visited in the past have a thread start out on topic only to degenerate into arguments between a couple of guys that know more than the other one does. I've always found TFL to be informative and courteous to people that simply want a correct answer and not just someones opinion. I call Wylie, Texas home and am old enough to retire but with the state of the economy am unable to do so. The pleasure portion of my life after my family involves Harley-Davidson motorcycles and the 1911 handgun, both to me American icons. I look forward to being a part of The Firing Line and hopefully be of some assistance to some novice that simply wants an answer to a subject I may be familiar with.

Old codger. 71 years. Started shooting and hunting at 14. Stopped hunting when the old man made me gut everything I shot.
Clanked anchors in the navy for four years as a computer techie during Viet Nam. Nobody ever shot at me though.
Live and grew up in Michigan. Was gone for 35 years, but came back for cold punishment. Reloading now for about 25 years, but I will never be a real expert.
Favorite gun is the LAR Big Boar 50 bmg, but reloading for it is expensive.
I can learn a lot from you guys for sure. I'm lurking here behind your computer screen!:D

Life long shooter from east Texas. Rebuilding my collection after losing everything in a fire 4 years ago. Building AR's and mauser action long guns are a real passion as well as shooting in USPSA matches.

New from Chicago

Hello all,
My real name is Chris, but the reason I am on this forum is because I am working on opening up a shooting range. My business will be located in the city of Chicago, and be titled, Firearms Defense Training Centers.

I am interested in getting advice from owners already out there, and gauging public interest in the greater Chicago area for bringing my business to market. While still about a year out, it is an exciting time for me as a new entrepreneur.

I am an avid shooter, former law enforcement, and lifetime hunter. I hope to bring firearms training, access, and recreation to Chicago.

Thank you for welcoming me to your community.

From Belgium

Hey there I'm Kurt 41y from Belgium.
I love to shoot Western style guns SAA's , Lever actions, etc.. and vintage WWI and WWII handguns and rifles.
Since we can always learn from each other and help each other I joined the forum...

Hey guys. New to the firing line, fairly new to owning firearms. Please forgive me if I post in the wrong place from time to time here. I assure you it won't be intentional... heh

Newbe here.

Been reading and lurking for bit, thought I might have something to add especially to hunters looking to come up to Alaska or for mauser firearms. I hunt up here in Alaska….I'm newly retired, and hope to learn as well as contribute here on the site. Thanks….
FNMauser

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving

Good morning all, new to the site. 44 years of age go by the given name David, reside in the florida panhandle. Have been a avid hunter for most of my life and looking into some gun builds. Preferably the 308 platform, ar-10, and bolt action. Looking forward to interacting with the crew.:)

Introduction

Hello
Been enthusiast of a weapons since I was a kid. CNC machinist by trade a reloader since the 90's. Currently loading 9mm,.357/38spl,45 auto, 30-06 and .223. Looks like a lot of good discussions happen here. From Albuquerque NM.

Hello, my name is Scott. I live in the great northwest. Im fairly new to precision shooting and am looking forward to learning more about it!

Back