New members - please introduce yourselves here

Introduction

I am a retired Air Force Senior Master Sergeant. My military duty consists of Army active duty (1965 to 1968), Army National Guard, Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve (1985 to 2003). In the Reserves and Guard, I was in procurement (contracting). My Army active duty time consisted of training for the 81mm mortar then airborne school and finally being permanent party at the Army's parachute rigger school at Ft. Lee, Virginia.

I am also retired from federal civil service. That career was also in procurement. From September of 2009 to March of 2010, I was in Kandahar, Afghanistan administering government contracts

I live in Colorado and I am an avid fly fisher, hunter, re-loader and plinker type shooter. I re-load for 38 Spl, .357 mag, 44 mag, 45 ACP, 30-06, 300 Weatherby, 223 and 243.

Greetings

The names John. I just bought a Citadel 1911 recently. I've wanted one since I was in the USAF a LONG time ago. I was a tech on nuclear missile sites and the combat launch crews always carried them. I was a single parent raising sons for a long time and just never got around to it. Well, now I have.

I'm a network admin for a small technology company here in California butttt not for much longer. I'll be moving to Virginia shortly. Getting the hell away from this sewer pit.

Glad to meet ya!

Hello all, new member to this forum. I enjoy hunting, fishing, shooting and leather work. 33 years old.

I fish for salmon and trout. River plunking for salmon and also fly fishing. Lakes in my area have a bunch of trout mostly rainbows.

I like the Mosin rifles I have about 10 of them. I also like semi autos rifles like the AK, AR, Sks. I like the 1911 platform in pistols but I like 9mm like cz75, wheel guns and almost anything.

I want to get into reloading just haven't really done it yet. Anyways nice to meet you all

Not new I'm an old member returning. I'd been away for a while as an Admin and mod on a couple of other shooters forums. Still have one forum of my own. I know quite a few here from this and other shooters boards.

Howdy from SE Texas!

Have been a 'member' here since 2009 (I think). I've even made a few post. Anyway, figured it was time to introduce myself. Love reading the forums, both the subjects and the comments.

Billy G

Introduction

Hey everyone, Im the Harmonica Kid (After my favorite character from Once Upon A Time in the West). Ive been creeping on your forum for a while and finally just decided to join. Im from NC and im a grunt in the Marine Corps currently. Im pretty young, but ive been shooting all my life. Like most people, my father got me into it- he was a benchrest shooter for quite some time and was acually a minor celeb in that world. ( He was one of the first americans to ever play with the .338 Lapua for example) Im more of a handgunner than anything, rifleman next, and a shotgunner dead last- the only one i own is a stock 870 express. My list of guns follows- A beautiful old 700 BDL in 25-06, made in 1970 that i bought off an old FBI agent who was getting into .22 benchrest. A henry .22 lever gun. A Ruger Gp 100. My absolute favorite gun ever that i bought myself when i was 14 and shot the crap out of- my ruger single 10. The aftermentioned 870. And finally, an fns-40 that isnt technically mine, but my friend lent it to me when we went to frontsight and i intend to buy it off him so its sort of mine. Anyway thanks for the time and i hope to have a good expierience here with everyone.

A native Texan (Fort Worth is home) now living in SW Pennsylvania. I started shooting when I was 5 years old, and the depressing math now gives me 54 years of shooting experience. The majority of my experience has been handguns, and in my younger days was a Bullseye shooter, but in the past four or five years my interest in long guns has grown.

My favorite handgun: 1911, with N-frame Smiths being a close second.

My favorite rifle: Savage 99

My firearm-related pet peeve: People who refer to semi-auto handguns as pistols but put wheelguns in a separate category as revolvers. I don't know exactly where this started, but it's not correct. Both are technically pistols, and it really annoys me.

New to TFL

Hi Everyone. Been carrying since 1970 when I was on home town police Reserves. Qualified on FBI range and carried a 4 inch 357 mag Colt Python.
Got married 33 yrs. ago and sold the Colt. Should have got rid of the wife(which came later). Now I have 2- 357 mags. one's a 2 inch Rossi with laser sights and the other is a 4 inch Windicator 357 mag. I picked up the EAA and to me the balance was terrific. Had the trigger worked on and it's not pretty, but don't care if it's pretty as long as it shoots every time and exactly where I want it to go.Even my wife(2nd) likes it. I had a 9mm Millennium with Poly frame. Talk about recoil and jumping around. Give me steel every time and the 357 mags never jam. If I need 12-22 shots, then I'm dead no matter what. One great placed shot beat the heck out of 22 rounds.
I spent weeks reading this expert and that expert on what to use for Critical Personal Defense and everyone had different thoughts. Finally bought 357 mag 125 grain JHP from Remington. Shoots like a dream and the noise and recoil absolutely don't bother me. Also spoke to the master gunsmiths at EAA and Rossi and both said the same thing DO NOT USE 38 special +P loads.
Glad to be here.Yes, I love being a "Junior Member".

Last edited:
best ammo

Ok. This why I joined up. I currently am using Remington's 125 grain 357 mag SJHP. in both my 2 inch and my 4 inch 357 mag revolver.

Do I stick with the Remington, or get the Golden Sabre or use the Hornady 125 grain JHP 357 mag ammo or Gold Dot 357 mag 158 grain JHP?

All I want is to stop the SOB dead in his tracks while protecting my family and business,

David

Hi,
It's rural where I am so shooting and making noise isn't a problem. I like guns and am able to use responsibly. My favorite gun is all of them.

New to TFL and glad to be here. I am an old clay target shooter who has gotten bitten hard by the pistol bug just because I wanted to improve with my EDC. I find myself deep into IDPA,bowling pin shooting and dueling tree shootouts. I must enjoy flirting with disaster because all I shoot is .40 s&w and I reload every round. It seems there are plenty of reasonable voices here and I hope I can add to the conversation.

New Guy Here

As the user name implies, I like to shoot. If it can go bang I'd shoot it at least once. I shoot wheel guns, (44 mags and .357's) bolt guns, (22 lr to 300RUM to 45-70) and the occasional sidelock muzzle loader. I cast my own bullets for the 44's, 357's and the 45-70 and when need arises for the 45 Kentucky rifle. I reload for everything I shoot (except the 22 :rolleyes:)

I'm a big time elk hunter and varmint shooter.

So, I guess that's it . . .

RJ

Hi, new here.... Been into firearms as a hobby for about 4 years now and I've already amassed a good size collection. I'm mostly into handguns and NFA stuff (SBR's and suppressors) and just today sent off Form 7CR to get my C&R FFL. I also have a part time job at a local gun shop. Looking forward to hearing a broader set of ideas than what I get on my local forum.

First post

Retired builder.Got a pro cabinet shop,a very well equipped machine shop,all welding processes.......you'll usually find me,"in the shop".

New to tfl

I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm in the middle of a 1976 speedmaster 552a project and I just posted details to find its value. Thanks in advance and I look forward to chattin w u guys.

Im new just joined a couple days ago. Live in a very rural area an love shooting guns. I'll shoot just about anything. Love deer hunting an skeet shooting especially. Fav rifle ive owned was a tikka t3 ss in 270 wsm in lefty cuz i shoot lefty. Looking to buy my first handgun in a few months.

Hello from Las Vegas, NV. Not native to these parts, born and reared in N. Central Texas, but have been residing here since I was stationed at Nellis AFB in late '85. Have been on the site for a few days, mostly reading but have done a couple of responses to others posts.

Last edited:
Back