New members - please introduce yourselves here

I'm not new, but I've been away from the board for a long, long time. Doubt anyone remembers me (as I was more of a lurker) but it was comforting to see pretty much the same people discussing the same "which caliber is better" topics :D. Glad to be back...

Greetings from South Africa.

Hi Brothers.
I'm Martin Hedington, 58 years old, living in South Africa and been involved in the SA Firearm lobby one way or another for about fifteen years. I'm not a Hunter but I do carry 24/7. (I'm a rolly man personally).

I've served my brethren on SA Gunowners Association, Gun Owners of South Africa for the last five years -www.gunownerssa.org and more recently as admin on the Black Gun Owners Association of South Africa, www.bgoasa.co.za (Y'just need a black gun to join, LOL!).

I was proviledged (and 'flush' enough at the time, LOL!) to sponsor the 1-hour 'Political DVD' on the social ramifications of civilian South African Gun Ownership, featuring Larry Pratt, Charl van Wyk and (at the time) the Chief of Police Robert -the bomber- McBride.

As GM of the sole pro-firearm NGO/CBO in SA, I also published the SA 'survival handbook' 'Conditioned Victim? Your Choice!'

Although I originally TFL over teo years ago, you may have heard we've been rather busy of late with the new gunlaws, pleae forgive my absence (as a lurker).

Anything you'd like to know about South African Gunlaw, or just how we adapt ourselves to fifty murders a day here, just ask. I'll try and accomodate.
Oh yeah, I am also a Registered Private Security Officer and S/D firearm coach so also carry for that reason daily.

Glad to be a part of TFL

HI TFL I joined in September after eaves dropping for a while and thought I should be a member. I was shy about joining because I had never before posted anywhere, I find it quite simple and not as intimidating as I thought. This is a group of folks I felt i REALLY needed to associate with and thanks for having me. I have always enjoyed reading your insightful and often witty posts and replies.

Hi everyone

Would really like to talk to someone about some basic pistol sighting queries I have. If any experienced shooters have a little spare time i have some questions i would appreciate some answes to.

[Go to Handguns General forum and pose your questions. - Bud]

Hello, my names Patrick, i love guns and i love to got shoting,and my love for guns started as soon as i was issued my m16 A4 in my 2nd day of OSUT at Ft. Bennig, i serve in the Arkansas National Guard, i spent 9 months in Iraq with the 39th

Almost New

I was an AF crewmember (1953 – 1973) so I was familiar, but never really good, with the .45 cal Model 1911. Later in my AF career, we switched to .38s. Then, after retiring from the AF, I spent 8 years with the Postal Inspection Service, carrying a S&W Model 10 .38 Special. Left the Inspection Service in the early 80s and fired my Model 13 .357 Magnum probably a maximum of 20 rounds…and never once since about 1990. Probably due to the direction our beloved country seems to be headed, I recently became interested in weapons again. I completed the course for a CHL and am waiting for the Texas DPS to issue my license. I passed my .357 along to my son-in-law but bought two semi-auto pistols (M&P and M&P Compact). They seem to work better for an old guy with arthritic hands. I appreciate all the knowledge I have gained over the past couple of months while reading posts from guys like all of you.

Not completely new, but I never posted on this thread. My dad was a Marine (Korea) and he and I used to go out plinking a lot. I recently got back into the hobby and have learned a lot from this site. I'm getting my stuff together to start reloading and I plan to build an AR15.

Zildjian

Hello, just dropping by to let TFL know i'm also a new member and am glad
to have become one. Been on 2 days and have gotten some help and just want to say thanks for the info . I'm 55 yrs. old and don't do much anymore.,
but I still love my guns . Have re-loaded in the past and cast quite a few bullets in my time. I am Diabetic , full of fun and just trying to get by like any
other squirrel. Glad to join in on something I like very much and hope to help and contribute whenever possible.

Another new guy

Hi. I just joined the fun a couple of days ago. I'm 62 but not old. I ride mountain bikes, own and operate a bicycle shop, and like to shoot handguns. Currently I have a Colt 1911, a Rossi .357 revolver (which I carry on early morning rides in the mountains since I came face to face with a cougar a while back), a Cat9, and a Mossberg 12ga. for home defence. I'm a former Marine and a Nam vet.

howdy. I'm from northwest Wyo. and run a const. co. I shoot several thousand rounds a year and reload for myself and several friends. We have our own pistol rang , trap range with dugout , and rifle range with targets out to 1000 yds altho we could go farther but why? We make our own bullets and have had good success with them even killing animals. I've been reading the forums for a few months and wanted to get involved and add my 2 cents on my experiences and get help when I need it.

Last edited:
Hi every body. I've been treading this earth, respectfully, for 58 years now. I'm from Australia, Queensland living out in the country on a small goat farm. I'm a consulting senior engineer in the Building Management Systems arena.
I've been shooting from the age of 10 or 11 years, can't remember which and I'm a keen black powder shooter for the last 35 years or so.
I collect British military long arms from 1853 through to the end of the second world war along with the associated accouterments.
I'm looking forward to learning from you and also sharing some of my experience.
Be talking with you soon.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Dave from Oklahoma. 44 years young, and love to shoot. I've been shooting since I can remember and I just recently signed on here.

Looks like a nice forum, and I look forward to conversing with you all.

Regards,
Dave

Hi. My name is Dan and I am currently living in Arizona. I recently got out of the Marines and am currently a full-time student. I enjoy all types of guns, whether it be skeet shooting to AR's and AK's. I am a rarity in the firearm community as I love the 1911 and the Glock at the same time. :D

Can't wait to get to know you guys!

Cheers,
Dan

ETA: I forgot to disclose that I am a sales consultant with Addax Tactical. Mods, please let me know if there are any special rules pertaining to this.

Hello to everyone. Just wanted to say I'm new to this forum and looking forward to shared info from members. I just posted a new thread about my Sturdy gun safe. I love it!

Glad I found you guys

Hey. I live in Dallas Texas. I just started reloading again after a 30+ year break. Love the new products (new to me, anyway). But it has been a challenge to find a knowledgeable source for questions. Looking forward to getting to know you guys. thanks

Joined and new to the fourm like to say .........hey. I shoot as often as work will allow and enjoy sharing my sport...

hi new here and love all sorts of guns and accessories. 27 years old so still have a lot to learn from you older guys. thats why im here and to shoot the "breeze".

Back