New members - please introduce yourselves here

New Member - Marc Christopher P22 Problem

Retired USN ... getting ready for you know what ... have 2 Walther P22s and noticed that 40 grain 22LR Mini-Mags do not fire but the 36 grain does... what the heck? Both same brand CCI marked "High velocity". Thought I had a bad batch of 40 grain but the rejected shells from the P22 worked fine in rifle?

What is the difference between 36 grain and 40 grain that makes the 36 fire and the 40 grain not fire?

[Moderator Note: this is not a discussion thread. It is an introduction thread. If you have a specific question or need help with a problem, go to the appropriate forum and post your question. - Bud Helms]

Howdy

Figured I'd say hello to you folks. I'm just a low-budget shooting enthusiast from the Deep South. I'm a grad student working on my Master's in Biology, with a concentration in Wildlife and Conservation Biology. I work with Alligator Snapping Turtles, kind of a southern specialty. I like snakes and Taurus firearms so I'm sure to generate some controversy here.

Hello

Hi Guys

Just found this forum, and started looking around. I am from Durham NC, retired and love guns an motocycles.

Never saw a firearm I did not like and never been on a motocycle that was to fast.

I was looking for some info about pistol scopes and the correct way to set them up. I am OK with a rifle scope, but never dealt with a long relief scope. I am sure there is some tricks to this animal.

I have a 308 striker with a cheap tasco scope on it, also just bought a 17 HMR striker I have not recieved yet. I should get it early next week

Hopefully, some scope expert could give an Ol'Man some tips.

Joey Fletcher
Durham NC

Hello Everyone... My name is Glenn and I'm a gunaholic. Seriously though... I happened on this forum while doing some research. You all seem to be a friendly, and helpfull group. I hope my membership will contribute. Thank you all for having me.

Glenn Dee.

Hi guys and gals. I'm a long-time gun owner but new to this forum. I hope to make a good contribution where I can.

I'm pretty new here. My husband and I live in NW Missouri. Love to shoot, hunt and fish. Thank you for all your great knowledge and advice. This is one of friendliest forums I've come across. You make a new-comer feel most welcome.

I've been lurking for a while as well and love to sponge in the information. I grew up in a gun-friendly household and was shooting pellet guns and .22's since I was 7-8 years old. I became "proficient" on an old Remington .22 of my fathers and his Ruger Mark II which I still love to shoot when we're plinking around.

I'm not a hunter but have recently gotten my CCW permit. I do a lot of traveling as I'm in medical sales. I'm here to listen, learn, and interact a little for some sagely advice in the tactical, practical, legal, and (to a small degree) political realms.

I have a new S&W M/P 9mm and I love it. I also have an off brand 12ga. that my father in law bought me that seems to be more of a street sweeper than anything else (I haven't even gotten it out of the box yet, but I'll save that for a future discussion).

I'm in the market for a compact version of the M/P 9mm and am looking to learn more about carrying practically and safely in my environment and considering how I have to dress (business mainly most days, and a lot of driving). I'm also looking for advice on how to get my wife, who is a gun HATER, to become willing to learn the workings if for no other reason to lose her fear of guns and understand it as a (sometimes) necessary tool and not a ticking time bomb. I think understanding diminishes the fear and turns that into healthy respect and thus overall safety.

Great place, and so far I've been very impressed with everyone's candor and attitude.

Introduction, new here today

I live in south central penna. Retired, love auctions, gun shows, used to be an avid trap shooter hence the 12beretta name. Currently enjoy owning and shooting a beautiful sporterized 1903a3 done by an old coal regions craftsmen.an early mod.94 30-30, rugerLCP 380, S&W 38 chiefs spcl.early 44 cal percussion revolver. I also love collecting early single shot youth rifles, they come and go to support my habit. Currently have a near excellent stevens crackshot mod. 26 in 32 cal rimfire. Most of my time lately is spent searching for 32 Cal. rimfire short. I am getting used to this site and will enjoy it.

Hi

Hi everyone. I'm here and I'm done with those idiots at opencarry.org. I'll try my luck over here for a while. If anyone has any question, I've got the answers. ;)

hey im kyle from kansas. i ride motocross and shoot.
i have several fire arms but my favorite is my rem 700 sps varmint i can shoot prarie dogs at 300 yards all day long i love it.

Hello,
I'm a 22-year-old aerospace engineering grad student at georgia tech. I'm a licensed airplane pilot and an avid motorcyclist. After I finish my ph.d in about a few years I hope to join the ANG and fly fighters. I've been interested in guns since I was a little kid. My family has a bunch of rifles and shotguns that I've enjoyed using, for target shooting and clay pidgeons, but I've never shot a handgun. Now that I live and work in downtown Atlanta I'm looking into getting a pistol for personal protection and fun at the range. I know I won't be able to carry on campus, but campus is pretty safe anyway, so I'm looking for a handgun for my apartment, car, and whenever I'm wandering around town. So far this forum seems great!

Last edited:
New

Hello im new here been on tarus net for awhile. Im from Yakima Wa. the middle and the desert of the state. We are all in to ag here for the most part. The winters can be 10- and the summers can be 110. Im 55 years young and use to hunt birds and fish all the time. Just getting in to it again.
I studied this site for a while and i really like it.Everyone seems frindly

Wow I don't remember ever seeing this... Or i forgot if I did...

I'm Gary and I too know everything! Just ask me :)

P.S. I lied, I know nothing about chokes on shotguns or what the heck a Glock (insert numerical sequence here) is...

I'm a 24-year old soldier stationed in the midwest. Fairly new to shooting, I'm using a Marlin 17 to try to build my skill in precision shooting. I've been reading the forums for some time now, figured I'd register so I could participate in some of the conversation.

Last edited:
I may have missed this also... I'm a 52 year old IT Consulting Practice Strategy Lead. Just ordered my first handgun, a 4" SA XD 45acp w/thumb saftey. I haven't shot anything since I was just out of college but I'm looking for some non-competition weekend shooting and also personal protection for the home as these are becoming trying times...I'm also a cigar guy and have been on several cigar boards.

Short introduction.
Officially retired, but still working for Uncle Sam...figure that one out.:D (And, I am not retired from the military; although I did serve what seems like a hundred years ago.):D
Living in Southeastern Utah.
Glad to be here, and like someone else said, after visiting USA carry a few times, I never joined. So, I looked around and viewed this site, and it appears to be a nice forum.

Just started collecting curio and relic arms about 4 months ago but I love the way they feel and look. My wife says she doesn't see the beauty in an old rifle but I reminded her she will get old someday too and I'll still think she's purty too. Have 2 Mosins (m-38 and m-44) and a Remington 1903 on lay away(1942)Plus a 91/30 (1930 ) Mosin.

Back