New members - please introduce yourselves here

New

Hey gents,
New to the forum, not the world of fire arms. Although I have just started to follow an interest of long distance shooting. I am not really familiar with scopes or calibers, any suggestions on where to post?

thanks
jj

New Member Saying Hello from East Ohio

Hi: I'm a new member. Just found your site by searching for hunting in northeast Ohio and east Ohio. Looking for a place I can hook up with other fellow hunting enthusiasts. My husband and I have some acreage in Freeport Ohio near Jockey Hollow, Salt Fork State Park, and also Egype Valley. Have had great hunting success on our property. Looking for a forum where we can discuss the hunting in our region. We started up a hunting vacation retreat. Put up a log home on the property and now rent it out for hunting. If anyone is interested in hunting in Harrison County, please get in touch with me at www.possumlodgecabins.com or call us direct at 440-537-2026.

My husband suffered a stroke last Dec and is on the mend. Lost his conceal carry permit. He was in the hospital in rehab when his renewal date came up. Hoping he will be able to hunt this coming gun season. He's practicing now.

Looking forward to hearing from any members who still hunt and shoot that have been through a stroke. Would like to hear of their progress and how they practiced their shooting after a stroke.

Nancy at Possum Lodge in Freeport, Ohio:)

Johan D

Hi, New kid on the block I am. From small colonial town called Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape prov of South Africa. Fanatic M/L hunter, have 4 Pedersoli D/B's - a .54, .58 and 2 x.72's, all but one African Express's. Am looking - or rather contemplating starting a B/P gunshop here. Only problem is that we are swamped here with Italian guns, nothing wrong with them but hell !, I like my rifle barrels to be made out of RIFLE STEEL ! not mild steel. Could do with some advice/input from the US members. Need .54cal in 1-24", .72cal in 1-72 + and 8bore in 1-120+ twist. Input ?

Hello from Florida

Hi all.

I've been a member for a few days and posted a few times, but for some reason I just noticed this thread.

I gotta pay better attention. :D

Anyway, looking forward to interacting with everyone and learning from those older and wiser.

Hey ya'll.

New member to TFL, but not new to firearms by any means. I turned 21 at the end of July and got my CC permit the day of my birthday. I currently own six handguns (Glock 23, Springfield GI 1911, Kimber Pro Carry 2, Beretta 92FS, S&W 042 (my ccw), and S&W 442) and an assortment of rifles/shotguns (S&W M&P15, Century AK, Rem 870, etc.) Looking forward to learning more here.

I was invited on here by a gent here after I wrote an essay called Women, Handguns and Civilization.

I'm a writer (fiction, non, political and cultural essays), a knitter and weight lifter, a currently horseless horsewoman. (Had to euthanize my fine mare Banner back in October and haven't yet had the heart to look for another.) I expect that when I do, I'll end up looking for a rifle because I should eventually like to go hunting with my horse.

Not much else to say.

Erin Solaro

Hello all. I am a 29yo Navy Corpsman who lives in Fayetteville NC and is stationed in Jacksonville(Camp Lejeune). Right now I am out here in the sand box on my 5Th playground trip ( 2d time in a hospital; no bullets flying and lots of down/computer time. I am not complaining though, If I am busy then someone else usually had a very bad day) Thats about it, oh yeah I like to shoot too.

-Doc

Just a friendly hello

Hello all new to TFL just wanted to say hello to everyone. A little about myself: I was in law enforcement for 15 years rode motorcycles for 9 years of the 15. I have been a firearms instructor and general instructor for 12 years. I had an opportunity to leave law enforcement and start a career in firearms and tactics training. I love to teach and meet new people. I am currently an armorer instructor with collateral duties as a firearms instructor. I work for U.S. Training Center in northeast North Carolina where I have been since 2003. I currently teach Mossberg shotgun armorer, Ar15/M16 armorer, and a 1911 armorer courses. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

I followed a link from another site I read to find The Firing Line.

I'm mainly a hunting enthusiast (varmints, birds, deer/elk), but recently purchased a handgun for personal and home protection and will be applying for a CCW in the next month or so. I read this forum as a way to hear what others think about guns, shooting, personal/home protection, and politics. I tend to lurk more until I get a "feel" for a message board, but I will be reading. (Because--politcally, at least--I'm in the minority, I'll keep my own opinions to myself until I really know how the board operates.)

Steven

Hi! I'm Killbucket. My particular sickness is airsoft guns. BIG airsoft guns. I used to make airsoft copies of
Air-Sharpdotcom_M2HB_4.jpg

Browning M2's and
t3_gun_drum_mag_0025.jpg

1919's.
Some of you may recognize me as the voice of Air-Sharp.

I've retired from making ANYTHING, and now mostly research Grandpa's old guns (and large women) online.

Just want to say hello to everybody, and if anybody has questions regarding airsoft in particular, I'd love to be of assistance.

A new purchase, and a new member..

I hate the stickied introduction threads, no members other than noobies go in there and I feel they are a waste of time.

Well the name is Drez and Im from, obviously, NJ (everyones favorite state haha!) Im on few other boards, mostly for sport bikes. I bought my first firearm about 2 months ago, and just purchased another a few days ago so I thought Id say whats up and maybe post up a picture of them. I also have a shotgun on order, it should be arriving at my LGS tomorrow. Im pretty excited.

So I basically hope to learn whatever I can on everything firearm related. Im somewhat inexperienced and forums are a great way of getting informed (by the right people of course. A few of my family members are hunters so Ive shot here and there when I was a bit younger, but its great having my own guns now. Its kind of annoying though, everyone wants to shoot them now.

My first weapon I sort of purchased was a P22, I bought it from a relative. Not only was the price unbeatable, it was pretty much brand new and barely fired. Its seen about 3 or 4 range days, and although with its short barrel and relatively small grip, I love it and am getting better at shooting it. And I just bought this bad boy, a GSG-5. People love giving me **** about it but damn is it a fun gun. Unfortunately, you have to upgrade a few things and do this and that but after it, its a blast to shoot. Ive added a few things to it, next thing Im planning on getting for it is a real H&K stock as the factory one is rather..flimsy.

If you wanna see some pics, let me know.

Last edited:
FNG here

my name is nate and im from southern indiana and happy about it. love to hunt small game, turkey and deer. starting my gun collection and i have 11 but i am finding that 11 isnt nearly enough. i have carried a weapon since i was 18 (is 18 in indiana) joined the army at 19 and havent looked back. did 3 yrs in iraq as a cav scout and loved it. currently a staff sergeant. married with 2 girls. one of the reasons im on here is that the more i learn the more i realize just how little i know. forever a student. and the things i do know need to be passed on to others when they seek it. anyways im glad i found this site u guys r awsome thank you.

Ladies and gentlemen, this thread is for new member introductions only. It is not a discussion thread, a welcome thread, nor is it a photo album thread. Please take discussions to the proper forums.

Hello from Dallas, TX

I am new to this forum and represent a tactical equipment and security company. Hopefully I can learn alot from you and maybe give some good info in the process.

Hi all. I'm 62 now and started shooting when my dad got me a .22 target rifle and took me to the local range when I was about 13. I've been hooked ever since. I started reloading shortly thereafter. I used to live in Va. and before I moved to NC, I did my time in the Military. I had a FFL until it lapsed in 1995. I moved to New England 16 years ago for economic reasons and my Brother-In-Law harassed me until I got my Class A LTC, we joined a gun club together and since I retired, I've had more fun than the day the hogs ate my brother. I was browsing on the Internet one day a few weeks ago and discovered this forum by accident and as they say, "the rest is history." BTW, I still have all my fingers and can see out of both eyes. I think this forum is an extremely valuable resource and look forward to visiting every chance I get.

Hello....

New to TFL. Have carried a firearm since age 18 when I joined the military in 1979. State certified firearms instructor and security firearms instructor along with other instructor certifications. Look forward to exchanging ideas.

joined here a long time ago, but only read until a few days ago. Been shooting since I was probably 7 or so. Don't hunt, but love to target shoot.
Currently have:
Hi-Point 995
Walther P22
Baikal IZH 81KM
Mossberg 500 20ga pistol grip
Remington Nylon 66
Winchester model 94 32 Win Spl. Pre 64

Need:
something in 223, maybe single shot
1911 5"
9mm carry piece

Hello folks, good to be a part of this Forum.:) Hoping to learn a lot from all of you. Maybe, impart some wisdom of my own. Keyword, maybe.:D
Anyway, I'm from Missouri, married with a 6 yr. old boy that's growing like a weed. Love the outdoors and everything that goes along with it.(Except, maybe the skeeters.) Always, looking foward to some time at the range.

Back