New members - please introduce yourselves here

Tall Mountain Man

Hey Folks - I'm a hunting/shooting/firearms enthusiast from the Blue Ridge mountains. Looking to share what I know and learn a great deal more. I appreciate the community and the opportunity to participate.

Hello from the Midwest

Hey all,

Thanks for allowing me to join your group. 28 year old manual machinist, Avid outdoorsman, big bore fanatic, Love this country and my guns. I love trap shooting and I enjoy researching wildcat calibers and their history, albeit all calibers interest me :)

I'll try my best to limit the reposting and do my best to research the site as there is a plethora of information.

Fogey

Howdy from the PNW!

Old timer here. Special interest for me are the smaller calibers and Pocket guns as I'm too old and arthritic to pack and shoot the heavy calibers, today.

I was a member here years ago. Maybe 2004/05 or? Back then my handle was, SHOOTER. According to my log book TFL was the second Gun Forum I joined back in the day.

I'm retired over a decade now but still love firearms of all sorts and sizes. :)

Intro. Post

Howdy everyone. I don't wear tinfoil hats, I am a new NRA Lifetime member, an expat for a bit, back home. SCUBA diver, novice + level reloader. Amature home chef. Making good Q on my Traeger Texas Elite. JUST starting to learn about reloading pistol. The search function is my friend, and I will read more, post less. I am in the 916 Area Code.

That is all.

Random new guy here.

OK, I got lazy when every name I tried was already in use.

Real name is John.
I'm 55 years old.
I'm a reloader.

Haven't hunted in quite a few years and my main interest in guns is now self-defense. My state is now Constitutional carry :cool: and I'm looking into more practical and comfortable ways of doing that.

I like fine wood and blued steel as well as black plasticky guns, each in their own way. Looking at some of the picture threads here, I realize that my own hardware is mundane and off the rack. But it suits me...

Not if, but WHEN I commit a faux pas :o, please be gentle.

Hello everyone,
Another FNG here from Texas. I caught the reloading bug a couple of years ago (pistol cartridges only), so I'm looking for advice and like reading about everyone else's adventures in reloading. I'm trying not to make every mistake in the book. Maybe just half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi everybody!
I'm from Aurora, CO and had no idea my preferred gun shop ran a forum.
I've been enjoying reading here and look forward to contributing.
My username is reference to a quote by the late Bill Paxton in the movie, Aliens.

I'm a new member, My name is Wayne

Looks like one hell of a forum... Looking forward to making forum friends and learning as much as possible from you all.

Wayne
I'm from RI.

Hi,

I am from Canada, I lived in Michigan during my childhood. My interest in shooting and arms from my dad. I have won several trophies and medals in shooting. I am glad to be here.

Greetings TFL from N GA mountains

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of all this wise council even the wise guys that add a little humor. I am retired from the Navy and then from a County government position. I have owned and sho guns most of my life and target practice several times a month. Hope to meet you in the forum discussions.

Newbie with a beowulf issue

Hi everyone, I've joined the forum to seek help with an issue. I've purchased the Alexander arms beowulf .50 back in october 16' and they shipped it to me broken, multiple issues buy let's just say it was not a semi auto. I shipped it back and asked for my money back but of course was turned down. They said they would fix it and give it back within 2 weeks. I got it back in feburary and shot it last week and the gun is still in not working condition (also in NOT semi auto form). This time I was having to hand load each bullet for each shot. Bolt was ceasing and not catching the ammo on reload. In my opinion my gun is "shot". Alexander arms refused to refund me the money yet again and I am stuck having to send it back to their workshop so they can try again to fix a brand new gun that doesn't work for the second time. I purchased the gun fully assembled by them so I would not have problems but instead I am having more issues with both Alexander arms and the beo. I'm frustrated. How can I get rid of this gun without being out a chunk of my hard earned cash??

Hi everyone. I'm 52 years old and from the great lakes state of Michigan.
I own 3 revolvers and one semi-auto and am relatively new to the world of guns. I hope I can contribute in some small way to this excellent gun forum.

Hello TFL Family

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I've been hovering around this forum for quite some time and thought today was a good day to bite the bullet (pun intended) and join TFL. My shooting ability is emm...humbling to say the least but I thoroughly enjoy ever opportunity I can get to shoot. I'm very glad to be part of a community that shares my enthusiasm and I look forward to future discussions with you!

Peace,
Quartermaster

Hello all I'm a new member from Maryland. I discovered your group through another member of Maryland Shooters which has been my go to 2A/Firearms information group.

After reading some quality posts I think there is a lot that your community had to offer. So here I am.

I participate in local NRA Highpower service rifle matches. Enjoy reloading. Plan on taking part in some long range shooting to 1000yds this summer and general AR armoring.

I like building my own things including a small bench-top CNC machine which I've used to finish an 80% lower for a 300BO. 3D printed jigs and fixtures and built a wireless range target cam.

Looking forward to learning and participating and I'm willing to share what I've learned.

Hi I'm from Michigan and joined to get some information on a 257 roberts and I got what I wanted and more. I'm 13 and have been hunting since it was legal. I have a collection of 6 guns hoping to make it 7 with a 257 roberts!

Hello everyone
I'm from new freedom pa I love to hunt and shoot. I just got into reloading ammo for my 308 and 22-250. My pass time by shooting ground hogs at the farm until deer season kicks in. I'm happy to be part of the firing line. I am sure I will have a lot of question about reloading.

Thanks
Peyton

Hello from South Carolina. A long time shooting enthusiasts and reloader. Mostly modern pistols and rifles, however I recently added a charcoal burning flintlock pistol and a percussion rifle. I also enjoy the NSSF Rimfire Challenge.

Back