New members - please introduce yourselves here

Looking for help.... Found more things to need help with!

Hello TFL... I'm from small town Texas, but well traveled. I'm 39, and have a small but growing collection of hand guns and rifles. I'm still trying to find my flavor, I guess one could say.. I do enjoy reading all the info I have see on here so far, thanks for posting.
I did join, in seach of a specific answer though. I'm at a dead end. Any help is appreciated. About 5 years ago, in far East Texas, I had a handgun stolen from my truck. I filed with the police, and had all documentation. I since relocated multiple times. But got a call about a year ago, from the east Texas P.D, and they said my gun had been recovered in San Antonio. After multiple calls, I was finally put in touch with this awesome lady detective in the burglary division, who was in charge of the case. The gun was fired in a robbery, and I have been in email communication with the detective atleast 8 times over the year, waiting on multiple delays in the hearings, etc. I believe the final case was decided in March, but I think the detective has had enough of me or is really busy, as her response time has grown, and is gone to, "I'll get back to you".

I want my gun back. I am also the victim, and they have something of mine.

But, no one else seems to care.i feel as though I have been patient, and if the case is complete, I want to see what my options are. All I have on the case is the case #, but I have all the info on the gun.

I live about 10 hours from San Antonio now, is it possible to have a police department like that ship it somewhere or would I have to go get it? Any ideas who to talk to so I don't have to bother the detective anymore? Any direction is appreciated!

Hello TFL

Greetings from Titletown.
I will not bore you with a lengthy bio, I like punching holes into paper and the sound of pings on metal from a distance.
I look forward to the knowledge offered here and hopefully I can contribute a thing or two. Thanks, Jeff

Howdy from Texas!

Hi Folks,

Although I've shot a few firearms in my late teens, I hadn't really gotten into the shooting sports until much later in life (late 40's and early 50's). Trying to learn as much as I can at this point, and I hope to be able to contribute on this very informative forum.

Howdy forum folks,

New to the forum, not new to shooting, but there's always a lot more to learn. I currently enjoy many disciplines of shooting, pistols, rifles, and shotguns. Just getting into long range which is interesting and fun. Currently a CA resident but we're planning our move to a free state probably next spring/summer so I'm excited about that. Looks like a lot of good info here!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

New Beeee To Forum

I thought I was doing pretty good when Mossberg sent me a parts list schematic. For my OLD 12 GA. 500
As it turned out I need a gunsmith licence to purchase the [2] silly little springs and the [2] extractors. Any suggestions? TKS, Huntinhog

As you can probably guess from my Screen Name I live in Houston Texas. I'm a retired NASA contract electronics engineer and a Vietnam vet - although all I did over there was count boxes, and type up documentation on them. :)

I live in Central Texas. I'm a gun fanatic. Don't know if I shoot to reload or reload to shoot. Been shooting all my life and reloading for last maybe 23 years but still learn new things from time to time.
Thanks for having me.

Well -- I've arrived --

Ya-know how you've been with a forum for years - and newbies chime in with one or two questions - then disappear :mad:

I plan on not being one of them -- but a question did help me find this place :o

Anyway -- NRA life member / armorer for S.A.F.E here on Crap-Island / NRA rifle & shotgun instructor / active member of our Women on Target" - basic safety classes which we run for free for the women folk / I recently joined the Boy Scouts - Venturing for their shooting activities / 69-71 Army - 101st. Airborne outta Dodge City - DG-CC - E-7 / shoe size 11 & 1/2 / and a Mosin Nagant fanatic :D

And -- C & R FFL-03 ;)

"Hi" gang
seeya.gif

P/S -- a Long Island Jew w/ guns :eek:

Last edited:
New boot

Hello everyone.
Just an old firearm enthusiast sayin' hi from the midwest. Hope you all are doing well. I currently hold a concealed carry permit and shoot regularly at a local indoor range. Cheers

Howdy there from the Florida Space Coast! Longtime gun enthusiast and avid shooter. I also enjoy archery. Wanted to meet some like minded people, so here I am! :)

Hello everyone, my name is John, i'm 54 yrs old and a widow, i've been a gunsmith for little over a yr and a half, someone's help is greatly appreciated, thank you John/Augo

Hey, been a member on AR15 for a while but decided to spread my wings as there is a lot of good information on these forums as well. Avid hunter and shooter from the midwest.

Howdy!

A yahoo search led me to this site and it seemed to have some pretty knowledgeable people on it, so I signed up.

My main interest is in reloading.

I got started reloading when my father gave me a Universal M1 Carbine as a teenager. Since the M1 Carbine cartridge was classified as a pistol round, I couldn't buy ammunition for it. But, strangely enough, I didn't have to be 21 to buy the reloading components to make ammunition.

As of July, I will have been reloading for 40 years. I don't assemble a lot of ammunition so I still use the RCBS Reloader Special press that I started with and go slowly.

Thank you. It is nice to be here.

Hello from Michigan

Longtime shooter and reloader. Action pistol competitor in past, but now I only compete against myself. Always looking to lean more about this great sport.

Back