New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hi ! Im Don from Germany, as you can imagine, kinda fan of BoB :D
Do some sportshooting (rifle 100m-500m) and reloading. Of course interessted in anything weapon related stuff. And, by the way, highly engaged in german/european pro gun movement (Firearms United and German Rifle Assoc.).

New guy So Cal via England

Hi,
My names Chris, though everyone calls me Top.
I'm 37, married with 2 kids and live in Southern California.

I should start with the fact I'm english.. i didn't grow up around guns, just knives... recently with the kids growing older my wife and i decided to add some home protection ( much to the delight of my redneck friend who also spoke very highly of this forum)

We currently own a maverick 88 and will be adding a handgun before christmas.
I have to say the amount of information on this website is amazing and has been a big eye opener for me.
Thank you in advance and sorry for any stupid questions.

@Toppy

Welcome to the forum. What kind of handgun you decided to get for home protection? Personally I find the heavy all metal frame pistols in large cal such as .40 or.45 perfect for home defense (especially if you live in a subdivision) due to non over penetration.

New guy from Ohio

Hi I'm a new to the firing line . I love lever actions and have several. But have a question on my latest purchase this week. New Rossi stainless with blued loading gate spring

Just bought a new Rossi r92 16in. Stainless 38/357 when it came it was from the factory in a plastic bag like all my other (3) Rossi s came but had a sticky preservative on it and the loading gate spring is blued not stainless . All the pictures I saw before I purchased it showed all stainless except the sights. My other Rossi are blued. Any ideas? Thx

Picture attached

image.jpeg

Intro

Hey everyone - I'm from Virginia. I'm not a teenager or an old man, but somewhere in between. I'm a novice when it comes to firearms. I plan on learning a lot here.

Hi TFL, I am from Australia and have been hunting all my life. I have hunted almost everything in Australia but my main target is Deer. Look forward to chatting with you all.

Salutations

New guy here, and I'm excited to begin contributing what I have learned. I've been reading and learning a lot on this forum for several months, and I feel compelled to join. My shooting and hunting experience spans more than two decades, but my metallic reloading experience is very much in its infancy. My weapons of interest are based heavily on each firearm's engineering and simplicity.

I hope to continue learning from you all, and hope I might be able to help someone else along the way. And as I firmly believe: If you know how many guns you have, then you definitely don't have enough.

Regards,

Crosstie

Hello TFL members,
I am new to the forum. I have been reading on here for a while and joined the other day. I live up north and have been hunting and shooting for almost thirty years.
I love my yearly trip out west to bowhunt elk and mulies and hunt deer and lots of coyotes here at home.
I look forward to reading a lot more on here in the future. Happy holidays everyone!
Chris

My first day. I am 55 years old Us Marine I just started shooting as a hobby. I am a corrections officer and I shoot for my job quarterly and I go on my own with my weapons. I have a glock19, glock17, AR 556, sub 2000, Winchester 12 gauge, and I want to add a .308 , 3030. hope to find some good info from you folks.

Hello everyone from Jeffrey B in Alabama , got into firearms and shooting again couple years ago. Went a little gun crazy at first but have settled down past few months. I have a 9mm Shield for EDC , S&W 5906 and Mod 65 .357 I really enjoy shooting. I also have 10/22 I've just mounted a new scope , installed some Kidd hardware and switched over to a Magpul Hunter XX stock.

Hey Folks ... I've been trolling this site for about 6 months as I began my journey into reloading. When I rolled a few 9mm & 38 rounds this past December I had to scour the internet to validate some load / col data.

I have to say the folks on this site seemed to be a most responsive and thoughtful group. While I did see one rant thread get a tad out of control most users of this forum seemed respectful .. Thanks !! :eek:

Only a few guns on hand: Mossberg 500 Shorty, Ruger 10/22, Taurus 85, Ruger LC9s, Remington 783/.243 (Edit ... forgot about the HiPoint 995TS -- yea, I know)

I'm really wanting a lever action in a 38/357.. maybe later this year.

Cheers, Tim

I've been watching the forum for years, just never took the plunge. Not new to the world of firearms, I'm a long time hunter, shooter and gun writer.

Hi all! I am new here. I found the Firing Line on the web and looked it over. There was none of the ridiculous bickering and name calling that I saw other places and thought I would give it a try. It's a big place and I won't always have time to go through it all but I will learn and contribute where I can.
Thanks for having me.

Snake fever

I am a new member and have a question. I have been very active in putting quick a snake guncollection over the last 6-12 months. Not just the 7 serpents but the real rare ones where they only made 50 of , 100 of , 200 of etc.
I think i have bought these right with my prices being at least 25 % less than gun broker etc. was selling them for. Am i making a good investment ?
I collect many things and never sell anything so this is not for me to make a quick buck but for my 3 kids one day.
What do you think ? Am i being smart or foolish ?
I might add if you have any rare snakes that you want to get rid of, please send me a private message.

New to this forum, but not new to reloading/Wildcatting,
I started reloading in 1960,
Bought a RCBS Special reloading setup, 30/06 caliber,
Drove down the Oriville, CA to picked it up.

Have been reloading ever since,
from 17-222 thru 300 H&H in rifle calibers,
17 Pigmy Rabbit thru 280AI rifle/pistol calibers.

I am a AVID, read Rabid Wildcatter now, :eek:
with over 50+ Wildcats, I have designed, built and shoot,
the smallest is the 17 Pigmy Rabbit, (favorite pest rifle),
total case length of .600", COAL of 1.00", 15gr@2900+fps,
better than a 22 LR. :D

Retired in 2009 as a LE officer with 36+ yrs,
really enjoying life now.

Looking forward to some interesting discussions on wildcatting cases,
and have been faithfully using QL since since V.2.7.,
a Wildcatters dream, IMHO.

Tia,
Don

New to the group

Hey all, I'm Glenn. Been a gun enthusiast for over 30 years but, I'm jumping into the AR arena and have more questions than answers. I'm looking at entry level guns and am teetering between Bushmaster, Armalite and m&p. I'm driving myself crazy.

new guy

since I dont see a new user forum, im assuming its ok to say hello here.
hope to learn and share.
im new here, but an old name on the net.
so....
permission to board the ship.

Back