Need help with a mouse gun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Tex,

Cooper and Ayoob can be just oh so snarkey (your words) at times!

But seriously, you sir, just falsely accused me of taking others out of context.

Even after I considerately provided the Publication, Volume, Number, and Date for each quote.

Lighten up Tex. :)

Last edited:
If the choice is between a 25 Beretta that is reliable and a 22 MAG derringer I would use the auto till I saved up enough money to buy a 380 or a 9MM that is the same size like the Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec, Kahr, NAA Guardian. But you got to make do with what you have till then.

My little LCP is ridiculously accurate with Hydra Shoks, and has not failed in 300 rounds. 1 hole, 6 rounds, 10 yards. Can't ask for more. Flawless, inexpensive, effective, and CUTE. And no, I haven't sent it back yet.

But seriously, you sir, just falsely accused me of taking others out of context.

Even after I considerately provided the Publication, Volume, Number, and Date for each quote.

You really didn't keep up in your english and speech classes, did you?

your posts in this thread have been neither and are now devolving into quoting others (likely out of context) to support your desire to be seen as "right" in your own personal unsolicited side-debate.

"likely" is not an explicit accusation, it's a dependent variable I threw in because I honestly can't be bothered to follow up on your sources, as it's still not relevant to this thread. I am, however, decidedly NOT giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Second, citing your sources is not the same as quoting in context; any high school english instructor could tell you that.

ChicagoTex, take a breath my friend.

Do you make a habit of correcting grammar on these forums?

Not only is it a last resort argument, but it's....... kinda snarkey. :D

Last edited:
Hold it. Far be it from me to defend Tex, as he certainly doesn't need it. But Larry, you seem to fail to understand that there is one question on the table here. WHICH ONE? (Of the 2 mentioned) If I came to this forum and asked which do you prefer and why, .40 or .45, and got post after post of "Forget both and get a .357," I wouldn't come back here. It really should be that simple. Here are excerpts from some of your seperate posts:

A 642 in right front pocket - CANNOT feel it's even there!! Why ever carry .25 when you can have .38sp +P?
The 642 weighs 15oz. plus 5 rounds of .38... you cannot feel it... at all.
Move up to an Airweight .38 +P.
You even chide someone else about a similar thing here:
Why are you now talking about a rifle, shotgun or 10mm? The discussion is on small guns. You said a .38 is too big for your pocket - I doubt a rifle will fit in it either.
The discussion is decidedly NOT about small guns. It is about TWO small guns.

The following appears almost as orders from a superior:
Read this first, then never carry anything smaller than a .38spl/.380/9mm.
http://www.firearmstactical.com/pdf/fbi-hwfe.pdf
Then ditch the .25 at a gun buy-back program.

And finally sarcasm:
And I certainly did not know that .25 auto-pistols are known far and wide for their reliability. (Even in pocket lint)
I did not know that. I will look at some .25s this week-end for sure.... and put my 642 up for sale soon.
Though we all may be guilty of this at times, you have taken it to new heights. If you continue this way, I gather you will lose a lot of friends here. Tex did an admirable job of explaining things to you and this is my 2 cents and worth every thing you paid for it. Settle down and answer the questions. If you simply can't do that, try not to reply at all, that's what I generally do. Just a suggestion, and I hope I didn't rile you, as that wasn't the intent.

Tux = shoulder holster. If properly fitted it's invisible and you can carry just about anything + a couple of extra magazines. The challenge with a tuxedo is that it's a solid color so there is no print to break up the outline of what's under it. The plus of a tux is that it's usually a heavy enough material to hide the outline.

If you are wearing your own tux and you cannot conceal a compact 9mm under it IWB then I think it's time for a new tux as this one might be a little tight :). If you are renting simply take your carry piece with you for the fitting and they will alter it to fit so you don't print. Don't worry, they've seen and done it before.

Something to think about for next time.

Thanks for your comments Stevie-Ray.

Next time though, please read all the posts, before you go off half-cocked.

If you would have, you would have seen that many posters (several before my first post & many thereafter) suggest or state that bigger rounds and guns were much better.

Anway, I thought the pocket lint comment was kinda funny.:)

No hard feelings.... but lighten up.

the trigger pull on a double action derringer is usually well above 15 pounds which seems like a bad choice for someone with carpal tunnel syndrome

Deal or No Deal

Larry,

I will fire 8 rounds of my 25 acp at you. Then you can fire your 38 special at me. Deal or no deal?

Quod Erat Demonstrandum:

Using the numbers from this reference, more "one shot stops" were made using .25acp then .38 special. While the percentage was higher for the .38 special, the actual number of stops was higher for the .25acp.

AZAK.

The chart clearly shows the .25 at the VERY bottom in percentage of ONE SHOT STOPS. Even the .22 did better.

I responded directly to a question asking me to a duel, to which I responded that I would not participate, or assist.

Don't know who asked you to chill, but that sounds like a good idea.... But I'll help out with that by putting you on my ignore list.

Good Day.

Last edited:
While avoiding the personality clashes, I will say that I sometimes carry a Beretta 21 25 in a pocket holster, and have full confidence that it will do the job it is made for...close range, surprise self defense. With the Mecgar magazine, it holds 10 rounds, is accurate out to surprising distances, and can rapid fire all 10 in an incredably short time in a small group at short range. It has been reliable with every round I have tried, including JHP's, though I prefer FMJ in the 25.
I envision it as a weapon that the bad guy will never know I have until it is in their face rapid firing 10 rounds into their nose, eyes and throat.

Don't know who asked you to chill, but that sounds like a good idea

That would be you. Post #150 in "Would you feel safe carrying a .25 ACP pistol in your pocket?" And you have made similar disparaging remarks to other members, just look upward a few posts.

Regardless of whether or not I am ignored by Larry Spencer, this is the type of logic/argument that I believe is baseless. While seeming to address the issue occasionally, it tends to disregard the flow of the debate, grasping upon opportunities to "stir the pot" and not further responsible gun ownership.

Advocating suicide to someone, as a response to a question, is hardly "responsible gun ownership"; in my view, in this instance.

The chart clearly shows the .25 at the VERY bottom in percentage of ONE SHOT STOPS. Even the .22 did better.

This I agree with. However, it also illustrates that the .25acp does have a 27% "one shot stop" using those numbers. And that it was used more often than the .38 special to achieve that end. (Using provided numbers.)

Humble caliber, but for those that argue that it will bounce off of their chest like Superman, one shot will stop them more than one in four times. (Using these numbers.) And in a Beretta 950 there are still a possible 8 more.

I am not an advocate for the .25 ACP being the end all cartridge, I am merely stating that it is more than the BB gun that some make it out to be.

I wouldn't use ANY rimfire cartridge where self defense is the goal. It is an inherently inferior (less reliable) design. It also wasn't designed for auto-loaders. Take the .25acp. At least it's center fire.

Ben

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back