Need help with a mouse gun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your comments Stevie-Ray.
Next time though, please read all the posts, before you go off half-cocked.

If you would have, you would have seen that many posters (several before my first post & many thereafter) suggest or state that bigger rounds and guns were much better.
Half-cocked? Spare me! I did read all the posts, including yours, unfortunately. You came back time and time again to say the same thing, that it was your way or the highway. Even the ones that suggested another caliber without choosing one or the other at first, did so only once, somewhat to their credit, though they should have coupled that with their pick OF THE TWO MENTIONED like so many did.

This quote by AZAK warrants repeating, as I agree wholeheartedly:
Regardless of whether or not I am ignored by Larry Spencer, this is the type of logic/argument that I believe is baseless. While seeming to address the issue occasionally, it tends to disregard the flow of the debate, grasping upon opportunities to "stir the pot" and not further responsible gun ownership.
And keep in mind that while you ignore AZAK and probably me, those that will add you to their ignore lists will eventually make your posting meaningless. As you say, no hard feelings.;)

Stevie-Ray,

The facts as I stated above... are the facts. Ignoring them or continuing to twist them around in this thread serves no valid or good purpose that I can see.

Put to rest

I just got back from business, some related to this thread and some not. But just to put this thread to rest without belaboring the issue.

I am in good shape except for some minor problems I obtained from a long stressful career as a L.E.O. I can shoot higher caliber weapons but the 22 Mag derringer hurts my damaged hand. I have a Sandan in Kenpo Karate. A couple of things that close details do to help the principals is removing your jacket, bending over and lifting and basically be willing to provide a shield much more than a sword. Several other specifics involve tactical driving, first aid, assessing situations and directing the much more heavily armed outer perimeter.

This agency is dedicated to providing exactly what the principal or principals want with maximum protection and minimum disturbance.
Actually this type of protection is not that uncommon. Especially if the principal is traveling with family. It’s just that most people don’t know about them. And, once again, I don’t normally do this type of work.

Thanks for everyones input. I was simply asking the preference between the two weapons mentioned. I was not looking for nor needed suggestions on alternative guns or calibers. :)

owned a few p32. p3at. beretta 21a 22lr. last but not least seecamp 32. edc seecamp .range practice beretta .22lr cheep practice:D

fix

After trying both ball and hollow point ammo and, three other magazines (1 from EBAY used for Baby Browning or Bauer, one new Bauer one from a pawn shop and an aftermarket stainless steel one from Gunclip Depot). The pistol would fire the first round but jammed feeding the second round. It appeared to me the recoil action was not throwing the slide back enough to catch to follow on round to load it successfully into the chamber.

A very experienced friend disassembled the pistol and focused on the recoil assembly. We found that assembly has two springs. The outer heavy gage one and a lighter gage inside the outer spring. e removed the inner spring and reassembled the pistol. Test fire went perfect with both the ball and hollow point ammo. I'm excited I have a correctly functioning "Noisy Cricket".

Check out the Hornady Critical Defense.25 Ballistics Test! WOW! Great penetration through heavy denim and about 12-14 inches into the gel block. This is the round to use. Not the wimpy penetration like some folks claim for the ball ammo.

I am also curious as to how others carried their Beretta. For the last 25 years I carried mine on half cock with the safety engaged and practiced thumbing off the safety then cocking the hammer. Just felt safer when riding back-up in a pocket.

I've read this whole thread and I just cannot get out of my mind the picture of John Bianchi and, I think, 52 handguns on his person, concealed under his tuxedo.

I don' think there has been any major technical advances in mouse guns, in the 8 YEARS since this thread went inactive. If you want to discuss the subject, please start a new thread.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back