If you won a contest, what gun would you choose?

Select-fire (semi/4-shot/auto) 10/22 in stainless, blued. Barrel: .920"OD bull, 5" to 8" long to keep things subsonic with el-cheapo ammo. Barrel's threaded to accept a silencer (roughly 12 to 16 inches long). Stock would be a thumbhole-style pistol grip synthetic with collabsible butt. Fore-grip would be made to accept a forward pistol grip. sighting would be a ghost-ring replacement of regular sights, as well as either a 3-9x scope or red dot sight on a quick-detatch mount. With a gun like that, I'd dish out the money for a few 100rd. drums.

I pick this because ammo is cheap, because it's quiet (I like quiet guns), it can do full-auto sprays and 4-shot bursts, it'd be able to do 'accurate' work with semi-auto, and because it would look cool.

Edit: Might make it belt-fed, also. Dunno though.

Last edited:
Id prefer something like a saw (cheap ammo, shot them), m240, minigun, mk19, and then sell the puppy for 10 times what its worth in about 10 years.

The reason I mention the above items is that I have seen them avaliable for civ. purchase, even the mk19 auto grenade launcher.

Bar

I drove from northern Indiana to Kentucky to shoot one and for $30 A MAG it was the cheepest fun I ever had.
In my book John Browning is one GREAT American, one of the best, yet show me one school book that would ever even mention his name.
This is the country we live in, what Teddy and his cronies want for us.

Hmmm...pre-'86 transferable? Plenty of cool burpguns out there. I'd want an American 180, as that would be the only SMG I can actually afford to feed.

Anything goes/post '86 LE/dealer samples? I'd want a P90, too.

I'd want an American 180, as that would be the only SMG I can actually afford to feed.

When you can burn through more than half a brick of .22 in a few seconds, they're not really that cheap to feed. At a cyclic rate of about 30 rds/second, all that cheap .22 ammo starts adding up real fast. I buy .22 ammo by the case (5000rds in a case) and it doesn't last very long; maybe 2-3 trips to the range. Funny how people think they're cheap to feed because of the cost of .22, but they forget about the rate of rife and the kind of volume that thing can consume.

(BTW - mine is for sale :D )

I'm not really a full-auto guy, but my top choice would be an IMI .45 Uzi.
Of course if the sky were the limit, and although its semi auto, it owes its beginings to the FA .50 Brownings: Long distance its the next best thing to being there! :D

Attachments

• model95.jpg
    model95.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 98
well, i would have to say for portability give me my m-249, but if i really had to choose, and i do enjoy reaching out and touching someone, give me the old tried and true 50bmg. it may take a couple of trips to the car to lug everything, but it would sure turn heads :D

Come on, now.

Unique 5.7 wrote, "General Patton's .45's."

1. Original premise:
Say you can buy any full auto piece within reason.
2. Do you really think ANY of Patton's pistols would/could be sold for any amount of money?

3. Have they located another Patton .45? I know there's at least one photo of him wearing a 1911-type in a shoulder holster. There's also an anecdote to the effect that he had an unintentional discharge (in the holster!! :eek: ) I've never heard of a 1911 being exhibited, though.

Of course, his engraved, ivory stocked Single Action Army was a .45 Colt. That other ivory-stocked revolver most often illustrated was really an S&W .357 magnum. :p

Best,
Johnny

Doh! I overlooked the auto part, but what was the point of the winning a prize for the purchase price only, then? I thought they were both .45s, did not know the other was a .357. Okay, then I'll settle for a .45 SAA copy of his for ~ $2000, but then this is no auto as you specified.
Now that you mention it, OK I'd like that 1911A1 in the photo, presumably it doesn't cost too much if it has not been displayed and is not famous.

I would want an mg 42 and all the ammo I could carry away (not necessarily in one trip with a wheel barrow!) or one of those 50 quads again with all the ammo I could want.

The only full auto I have fired is an HK MP5 that an FDLE officer was nice n¡ce enough to let me try out. This gun is incredible. The recoil force come straight back and there is practically no muzzle rise. I have shot a semiauto Uzi before and it is not nearly as controllable. You won't go broke shooting 9mm (within reason of course) and you can shoot single, 3 round bursts, or full auto. Accuracy is freaking incredible for a full auto weapon.

Excuse my stupidity but what is an M3 SMG? I though that is the BMW I have parked in my garage. Everybody wants the M3 name... Duracell Batteries, Mach 3 Shavers, now guns? I know SMG stands for Sub Machine Gun but when it comes to Bimmers, it means Sequential Manual Gearbox. :D

M249 Saw

ACFC7E7.jpg

As much as I love the M4, If I has to choose one weapon it would be the M249.

Back