High speed handgun pictures

Lovely vortex! The residue is another reminder that at the range we should not have open water bottles, and that we should always wash our hands to eliminate airborne lead and powder residue contaminates!

Here are couple of samples what happens when soft lead bullet hits harder target. Due to lacking shielding I cannot shoot metal plate at 90 degree angle or place camera to side of the target so these are taken from back. Pictures are separate shots and that whole bullet just illustrates hitting spot.

Metal_small.jpg
Metal_1_small.jpg

Metal_4_small.jpg
Metal_5_small.jpg

EDIT: One more with flying lead:
Metal_3_small.jpg

Last edited:
Just posting again to say how good these shots are, lots of us are looking at them, please don't stop :)

On the matter of the shielding, any plate with a fixed mount and a slight angle away from the camera will be fine, you won't get the bullet travelling towards it.

Thanks guys :)

Ace of Spades:
Ace%20of%20spades%20600.jpg

Shooting is a beautiful hobby - Unfortunately so few understand it in "modern" world.

Ps. .22 silencer vs. plain barrel comparison incoming ;)

WOW!!!!!!!!

Stunning work, I'm sure a ton of time went in to setting all this up. THanks for sharing your work here

Nothing special. That is just single image where I failed to time bullet right place.
Instead of deleting it I decided to try how much details I can get out in post process.

Last edited:
Big game for a change. Sako .308 FMJ 147grs with 50+ moose kills over 30 years (just a guess, it can be well over that).

Final%20308_1000.jpg

It's so big image that it just doesn't fit here without making this threat hard to read. But you know where to find it in big (just remember to click it REAL BIG :) ).

Back