Do you carry an old gun?

I may have one or two handguns that were made after the 80s but if I want to carry then it's pretty sure gonna be something from a couple decades before the 80s.

So jess for fun, pulled out the Colt Army Special that was made in 1919 to see how it does in an IWB holster for an M-19 and it fits great.

Last edited:
If I carried an old gun, it would be an old cheap gun.

Instead I carry a newer gun that didn't cost a lot by today's standards that shoots really well.

No way would I carry anything valuable because I don't wanna give it up for evidence if I ever had to use it and maybe not get it back for a few years or even never.

I don't mind giving up an inexpensive gun if that be the case.

1980...Old ???? Heck I got underwear , socks and tee shirts I still wear older than that.
How can 1980 be old when the car you still drive every day is a 1968 Chevy Malibu ?
The J-frame S&W I carry I don't consider old.
Gary

So the thread got me to actually take a look at what I carry and if the question is "Is the handgun I happen to be carrying older than I am?" the answer is "Yes" about a quarter of the time. But all of the handguns but one are ones I've owned and carried for over twenty years. The two most common revolvers carried are a Colt Army Special made in 1919 and a third series Colt Detective Special that is at least thirty years old. In bottom feeders the three most common carry handguns are an East German Makarov, a Sig 230 and a Browning BDM.

I carry a H&K P92 in .45 I think is a very early 80's.
I also carry a newer Sig P230 .380.
All my other handguns are old.
I am old.

I'll carry this old-school SW .38 Airweight Bodyguard sometimes in a pocket holster. The small grip frame and lightweight makes it easy to carry:

Every once in a while, I'll also stick this Colt Agent into a pancake-style holster:

Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless .32 acp (one of the first run with 1/4" longer bbl, separate bushing, and 5 digit serial number -- finish is mostly gone)

1967 Walther PPK
1945 Walther PPK
1964 Beretta 950 B Jetfire
1971 Polish Radom P64 (9x18mm)
1980-something CZ82 in 9x18mm

Colt Police Positive .32 from the 1920s (I forget exact date)
S&W Hand Ejector .32 from the 1920s (I really need to write the dates down)
S&W 31-1 .32 j-frame from mid 1970s

... Those are the ones that find their way into my pocket or waistband more than other vintage arms I own. :)

Not sure I'd call it old but it's certainly at least adolescent.

medium800.jpg

Back