Do you carry an old gun?

Yep...but then I'm 72 and the '80's were like yesterday to me! Here's a partial list:

Remington-Rand 1911A1, 1943
S&W M36-? 1975
S&W M60-?
S&W M19-? 1972
Colt Combat Commander .45 1975
Browning Hi-Power, 1968
Ruger original 3-screw .357 Flat Top BH ~1970

Yep!

attachment.php

Don

My “oldest” CC gun is a 95 vintage G23, I own older handguns but not for CC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good lookin' piece there, USSR. Those grip adapters with a K frame Magna set of stocks have always fit me to a T, better in fact than most any after market set I've tried. Rod

When in the IDF in the 1980s I carried a 1936 Polish Radom Eagle.
There's a story there for sure, JonnyC. How 'bout filling us in...I know the IDF carried BHP's for while. Thx in advance, Rod

Very few get "issue" pistols in the IDF, but I ran a local armory at the time. We had a bunch of older pistols in-stock at the time and I liked the Radom best. It was very reliable and super accurate, so it became my carry gun, both off and on duty. Sure wish I had kept that one!

One of my longest carry guns was a Colt Cobra 1st Issue which I wore in an ankle holster. It was as light as a feather and I carried it from 2002 to 2007 every day. About 2007 when I found out what it was worth I sold it and bought a DS.

uPBzT6Bh.jpg

1980s?

That's new...

A good number of the guns I've carried over the years were made before World War II.

Occasionally I've even carried a gun made before the Spanish American War.

"When in the IDF in the 1980s I carried a 1936 Polish Radom Eagle."

NICE, Jonny!

In the 1980s I occasionally carried a Radom made under Nazi occupation.

Colt 1903 in .32acp or SW M37 in .38 sw. Reliable 100 %. Sort of a couple originals. I own a Baby Browning in .25acp but would not carry it.

.02. David. :)

Personal Preference Alert:

I like OLD when it comes to rifles... but prefer NEW when it comes to pistols. I regularly hunt with some older classic Winchesters and Marlins and such, and I really like them.

But when it comes to pistols, I've tried some of the older stuff and they just don't do it for me. It's a bit like when I've driven some old cars: just don't like 'em and find myself appreciating what my (modern) car brings to the table.

"It's a bit like when I've driven some old cars: just don't like 'em and find myself appreciating what my (modern) car brings to the table."

You just haven't driven the right ones!

I think I have only 3 handguns that are not made before 1980.

But sometimes I do carry the "new ones".

Last edited:
Back