Are Hi-Point Firearms any good, there cheap prices scare me

about died laughing when I saw "ZOMBIE THREAD" :eek: Well I seen them at gun shows, and just about every dealer has atlest one on his table.... $170ish, over priced IMO you can pick them up cheaper like on gunbroker $140ish.

Well atlest no one needs to start a thread about Hi-points this week :P

I have heard good/bad things on these guns. I wouldn't buy one. It might be a step above a Taurus though.. dunno I do not own either.

Just like my sig says, if there was any real zombies, I hope they carry guns like these, Taurus and Hi-Points.

I have no clue how the company is still in business after all these years.

Pass on the ugly Hi-Point's and spend a little more and get a .380 auto for $250ish.

I wouldn't waste my hard earned pennies on one of these, maybe take one as a gift but not likly to use it, maybe as a paper weight.

Last edited:
Well I seen them at gun shows, and just about every dealer has atlest one on his table.... $170ish, over priced IMO you can pick them up cheaper like on gunbroker $140ish.

..... or in pawnshops toward the endd of the month for even less ..... or laying on flat roofs near crime scenes for FREE......

^ lol you guys are killing me.

Come to think of it, I really wouldn't want to shoot my ammo in this gun, there is no "cool" factor. I rather use my ammo in a nice 9mm revolver :cool:

Not so fast

I bought a 9mm Hi-Point Carbine, new style ( with rail ). I got mine for 198.00, and after about 250 rounds it is 100% reliable! If this is all that is in your budget, it makes a nice beginner. Although, if you have the means, what and get a beretta Px carbine. The Hi-Point is very fun to shoot! Good luck.

They may work OK, but geez, LOOK at them!

They're the ugliest guns I've ever seen.

Also, they're cheap. You smelled something fishy, don't ignore that.

Search your feelings, Luke.

questioable for anything

I traded for a Hi Point 9mm a few years ago. thought I'd made a good deal until I fired it. The first three tries failed to fire. When it finally went off hitting a target was an if it happens event. Failier to feed was a constant problem also. Other than a throw away piece I can't see a reason to have one in the collection.
Terry

Oh, god! The ignorance! It's killing me!

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437259

Reference above link for cure to said ignorance. Check out all of Iraqveteran's Hi-Point vids on youtube. You will see a Hi-Point taking the kind of abuse that makes Glocks wet themselves, and then keep on shootin'.

And to those several spouting off about how they "bought a Hi-Point and it jammed constantly" -- yeah, it's called a break-in period. You should have done your research.

My C9 is still truckin along after over 1500rds. I take it apart every 4-500rds and give it a good cleaning. I keep it in my jeep just in case. The accuracy isnt bad either for a $100 gun. Plus they have a lifetime, no questions asked warranty whether you are the original owner or the 5th owner. Whats not to like.

I would not use anything they make to defend my life unless it was all I had ... that said, I bought one of their 9mm carbines a while back and it has been nothing but fun and reliable ... like the idea of not having to stock yet anothr caliber for just one weapon; have two other 9mms and they can share ...

Just call me "Fence Sitter"

You guys (and those vids) actually make me want one of these!
Last summer I was angry with myself for missing the opportunity to buy one of these new with case and two mags for $130 when I had the cash on hand, then everyone I talked to told me that I'd done myself a favour and to stay away from them.
Seeing and reading everything here seriously makes me want one of these ugly little dump trucks of a gun. I think it would be an awesome hunk of junk to have in my collection, and you can't beat the warranty.
I'm sold.
This thing is going in my trunk on the end of my next paycheck.

I'm Boatless

Yes, Going in my trunk.
You know how you have good tools and the ones that can stay loaned out and you'd never miss 'em? This wouldn't be a collection highlight or anything like that, but I'm not gonna leave one of my "good" guns in the car with no protection for it. I have a lot of nice toys that I wouldn't risk leaving in my car, and having a pistol that's the equivalent of a pair of mud boots is just the thing I need when it comes to those occasions when having a gun is handy or necessary but not life-saving.

I'm not even a fan of striker-fired weapons, but Imma get me one of these little monsters.

I'll call my new beater "Mud Gun".

My 995 dressed in an ATI stock has never failed to fire or ever jam.It is my dedicated home defense weapon. Has reflex red dot and a built in laser. I have eleven others to choose from. It is the quietest 9mm Of four that I own. Last time at an indoor range 25yds,it put all ten inside of one inch from a rest.The receiver is cast from Zamak3, the barrel is 4150 steel, the firing pin is heat treated steel,the boltface is stainless steel.Zamak3 is not pot metal it is used as it is easy to cast. Caspian uses it for their reknowned 1911 slides.It is a zinc, aluminum, and magnesium alloy.I have been a member of two hi-point sites for several years, do not remember any of these so called failures.Hi-Point has a life time warranty. I lost the spring off my mag release when assembling my ATI stock, a phone call and four days later I had a complete mag release assembly in my hands.No charge. Best customer service in the business!Their pistols are downright ugly but most owners will tell you, they go bang everytime you pull the trigger.

Ugly.Heavy.and oh ya Very ugly.But in all honesty,they are awesome pistols, They can take 5 times the beating of any other pistol out there and keep right on going., accuracy is good. I know if i was in the jungle crawling through mud,muck and having the thing ran over by cars,trucks and anything else.the one thing you can count on is the High Point is going to function flawlessly. Most on here will bash this pistol to no end.But the fact remains once you get about 100 rounds down it there is nothing(including Glocks) that will take the beating high points do and keep on running and running strong. Now if you can just get over the horrable looks and weight of them.

Back