You Own Several Different Gun Brands, So Which Brand Gets Range Use Most Often & Why?

My Dan Wessons get the most range time. I just like the feel of them a bit more than my other handguns. But, the other guns get range time too.

I have sig, glock, ruger and s&m.
EDC is the P320c but the one getting the most rounds is the P250c 22. It has the same grip and site picture as my edc so all my time plinking contributes to muscle memory complimenting my edc.

I have S&W,Ruger,Colt, Charter Arm,EEA, Glock,Taurus, Kimber, to name a few.S&W & Ruger get the most range time.I just like shooting them.

Usually take 3 handguns & one rifle

Most often it's these because I like them better than most others I have.
S&W M-17 22lr
Ruger MK II 22lr
CZ 75 9mm

Rifle choice is usually an old Winchester or Remington 552 or 572 but try to take a rifle I haven't shot in a while.

So many Arms & not enough Hands!!!

Walther is most used at the range; second place is H&K.

Why? I like shooting them and they're what I carry.

Tanfoglio, Sig, and Dan Wesson get the most time. Taurus PT111 G2(3 of them), S&W revolvers, IMI, and SAR get a fair amount too.

I have enough options that this is a hard one to answer, as I like to rotate through the options.

Probably a toss up between Ruger or High Standard- as I use a .22lr every range trip, no matter what centerfire handgun I use.

Glocks. The 43 is for carry, the 26 as a car gun and the 19 on the bed stand, so I always make sure I'm current with them.

Which gets used most often:
1. Sig X-Five 9mm for range work - it just puts all of my other 9mm's and 45's to shame.
2. EDC - Diamondback DB9 gets carried the most.
3. Long driving trips - Glock 17 for the vehicle.

I shoot my Glock 43 the most as that is what I carry. I think your carry gun has to be instinctive in your hands and muscle memory will take over if the poop hits the fan. I do enjoy shooting my other guns, especially when going for longer range shots, but I strongly believe in shooting what you carry.

In 2018 I put six cases of FMJ through my S&W M&P 2.0 Compact, so it by far got the most Range time. I just recently started carrying it, but it’s just enough bigger and heavier than a G 19 to notice. Then I found out that I’m already supposed to have changed out six parts. It’s in the safe now at least until I get the replacement parts.
2019 will be a CZ Shadow 2 year.

stangbangr said:
In 2018 I put six cases of FMJ through my S&W M&P 2.0 Compact, so it by far got the most Range time. I just recently started carrying it, but it’s just enough bigger and heavier than a G 19 to notice. Then I found out that I’m already supposed to have changed out six parts. It’s in the safe now at least until I get the replacement parts.
2019 will be a CZ Shadow 2 year.

Hi Stan,
When you say 6 cases of ammo, are you talking about 500 round cases or 1,000 round cases? I've never heard of needing to change out parts that early, even if it was 6,000 rounds. Frankly, I would not carry something that was that high maintenance.

So Which Brand Gets Range Use Most Often & Why?
I have favorites, and then I have new acquisitions. I enjoy shooting all of them, but the new ones always dominate the next few trips.

So, currently it's S&W (most recent pickup was a 5906). Had been Star (BM). Prior to that, Daewoo (DP-51). As an aside, the Daewoo has joined the ranks of the favorites, along with my CZ, Sig and Beretta, as a pistol that makes me look good. My 5906 might, too.

Back