You Own Several Different Gun Brands, So Which Brand Gets Range Use Most Often & Why?

My EDC (Glock 19) but typically run a few magazines through my Springfield Operator simply because I like to shoot it and something about pushing up its round count just makes me happy.

Like many, I go back and forth between brands. My EDC is a Glock 23 and so I routinely practice with that. However, when shooting 'just for fun', I bring either my 1911 or custom Glock 20/21L. Currently I'm on a military kick so the 1911 has seen more action, however, I often bring both. When I'm in the woods, I always bring my G20L set up with 10mm.

As the Glock and 1911 have different shaped grips, I noticed that I'd present nose high with the Glock after shooting my 1911s for some time. That was due to Glock's deeper cut in shape at the top of the backstrap than the 1911's more straight design. This was easily addressed by adding a Grip Force Adapter to my Glock which fills in the excess slope of the upper backstrap of my Gen 3 frame and makes the grip the same angle as my 1911s.

My USP 45 gets the most range time because I love handloading the 45 auto and the USP is fun to shoot, accurate as can be too! Took the day off work and went shooting. The only thing I felt like grabbing was the USP and a box of 185 grain Noslers over 4.8 grains of Bullseye. Had the new Dawson FO sights dialed in and shot some great groups at 25 yards. Very satisfying.

1.) A Smith & Wesson model 64 - 38 special
2.) Ruger MKII

They get shot the most because both have red dot sights mounted. My eyes aged, detached retina's in both, wearing tri-focal glasses so red dots sight or I don't shoot.
I can reload accurate 38 special ammo with bullets I cast .

The Ruger MKII has been through Clark Custom Guns for a target trigger and accuracy job and they mounted the red dot. Now that 22 LR ammo is back in stock it is just a pleasure to shoot. Shooting it puts a smile on my face and a song in my heart !
Gary

I picked up a fairly beat up police trade in cz75 about a year ago. It quickly became a range favorite. It's got the smoothest da that I've ever shot and the sa is short and sweet.

I haven't been shooting lately, but my Tanfoglio "Mossad" 9mm and my SAR CM9 Gen 2 are the ones I've been shooting mostly. My first Taurus PT 111 G2 was going along most of the time.

Short guns, Ruger. Mainly because I own more Ruger handguns than any other brand, and at least one of them makes each range trip.

Long guns, Marlin. Same reason as above.

Glock 42, 43, 19
Ruger LCP
Taurus model 82

Taurus, Glock 19 and Glock 42...LCP sux to shoot(I occasionally shoot it to make sure t still works)

Sig P226, Tanfoglio "Mossad", SAR CM9 Gen2, Taurus PT111 G2 are the ones that go most of the time. The "Mossad" is my favorite semiauto of all I own..

qp0yEu.jpg

I rotate my carry weapons, S&W, Colt, Sig, SA... revolvers and semi's. The gun that gets used the most?? My old late 70's vintage Marlin Glenfield model 25, .22 LR bolt action rifle with a 4X Nikon scope. Squirrels, rats, woodchucks, crows, assorted varmints. With standard velocity rounds, not much louder than a high power pneumatic air gun.

Funny enough, Ruger.

None of them are my favourite guns but I have 8 Ruger .22's of various types and I just about always take one for some .22 plinking or for new shooters to have a go.

As much as I enjoy shooting the bigger stuff, I still really enjoy shooting a few hundred rounds of .22 each visit and don't need to think twice about doing so.

The most range time? I have 5 handguns (the max allowed in the Netherlands- otherwise I would probably have more)

I would say my Smith Model 41 (22's don't cost so much to shoot and the Model 41 is a great target pistol) and my Walther P38 and Colt Combat Elite, both 9 mm.

Back