You Own Several Different Gun Brands, So Which Brand Gets Range Use Most Often & Why?

My SAR K2P 9mm takes 1st place. It was the 1st handgun I purchased. One that I researched as much as I could and has been a pleasure to shoot ever since. It has proven itself to be extremely reliable and is a superb value. That pistol continues to impress me and together we constantly and continually get better.

Attachments

• rps20180904_084425_070.jpg
    rps20180904_084425_070.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 45
I own more Rugers than any other brand. My security Six, GP100, MKIV or 10/22 find their way to the range frequently.

Ironically, I don't own a Ruger in 9mm which is my favorite caliber. I have a G19 or BHP that I enjoy shooting.

Most lately a Glock 19 and a 9MM Dan Wesson because they are the newest and a 12 ga Browning 725 Sport and a CZ 455 .22. Last but not least a .45 Ruger CMD.
Newest toys get played with the most, for a while anyway, The CMD ain't so new.

A Springfield 1911A1 semi-custom known as MixMaster A.
It is my present IDPA ESP Match gun and therefore gets more use than defense weapons or plinkers.

Not sure. Maybe a Colt Detective Special, Sig 230 or East German Makarov since one of them will usually be my primary carry gun.

You asked for "brand" and not a particular gun. I shoot my 1911s the most and I have at least nine from Dan Wesson. So, I'm saying I shoot guns from Dan Wessons the most.

Others rotate, but for the last several months the American version of the SIG P210 has been going with me on my trips to the local range. This is a pistol I was prepared to dislike,i.e., being of US manufacture and not Swiss or German. But so far, haven't been able to come up with anything to gripe about from the standpoint of fit, finish, trigger, reliability or accuracy.

PzGren, If I had one of those Korth revolvers, I'd probably be throwing rocks at any of my current guns;) Those are beauties!

All the shooting I do is competition, so my guns have to fit within a game's rule set, while at the same time being a gun I like.
I've been shooting, and carrying a SIG P938, as it's a great carry gun and it fits within IDPA's Back-Up Gun rules.
Similarly, I bought a four-inch S&W .45 revolver, as it fits IDPA's revolver rules.
It's not really about brand.

For many years, about the only gun I shot was a custom Caspian 1911, built to USPSA Limited 10 specs, and I put 50,000 rounds through it, but haven't taken it to the range in years.

Up until fairly recently I brought a triplet of Rugers to the range more often than not. Plus a couple 1911s. Sometime last year I made the switch to a brace of S&Ws, in particular a Shield9, M&P9C 2.0, and a M&P40c 2.0.

Still bring the 1911s; they're just more accurate and fun than any other semis I own/shoot. And I've been trying to make sure that at least some of my time at the range is purely about fun. Keeps things interesting.

I usually bring three for a session. More often than not, it’s my Bersa Thunder 22 that gets the nod over the Ruger 22/45. The Bersa isn’t as inherently accurate at the 22/45 but it’s fun to shoot.

Similarly, I bring my Bersa 380. Same size, same ergos and pretty accurate. I love these pistols.

Also, my Ruger Security 9 rounds out the three gun shoot. Feels good in the hand, really like the trigger and it’s accurate enough for me. Honestly, it’s a great bargain.

S&W hands down. 2 of my carry guns are S&W. A shield and 2.0 compact. Use a model 66 around the farm and I plink with a M&P 15-22 all the time. Not really a fan boy per se , it just worked out that way.

S&W I guess. I picked up a 929 late last year and proabbaly have 2,000 rounds or more through it since then. I just got a 460 XVR and have brought that out the last couple of times also. Being able to shoot a 285 grain SWC at 1500 FPS with minimal recoil is addicting.

A Tactical Solutions PacLite upper shortened to 3 1/2” on top of a Volquartsen 1911 Target Frame. It’s just a great combo for a 22lr and surprisingly accurate for it’s barrel length. Different guns go to the range with me weekly but this always goe’s. Inside 25 yards forgive the pun, it’s a blast.

Not counting the WW1 and 2 military rifles like my Garands, Enfields and Nagants, I have 25 different brands of handguns, rifles and shotguns. Shoot the most? No particular brand... I shoot the most enjoyable "fun" guns the most. Browning 1911-380... Chiappa Rhino 60DS 357... Ruger Vaquero 45 Colt... Mossberg MVP 5.56... Weatherby Vanguard 6.5 Creed... Ruger PC Carbine 9mm... M1 Garand 30-06... and one of the most pleasurable rifles ever due to how it "feels"... the whole package, my M1903A3 in 30-06.

Obviously, a collection of guns includes many that fill a niche in the collection, but are just not that enjoyable to shoot. To small (NAA Black Widow), painful (Ruger SP101 357), feels a bit awkward (FN Five-seveN) etc. So they stay in the gun safe unless you're showing them to somebody.

Like most I own several different brands.

Out of my handgun collection my CZs definitely get used the most. One or both of them goes EVERY weekly range trip. When shooting with the family its generally a Colt day on those days.

Back