You are DEFINITELY a gun nut when......

You have a box of parts whose purpose, function and what they fit into are completely unknown.

You still have a box of holsters for guns you no longer have because someday you might have one again.

The amount of gun related email outweighs the Nigerian money offers and you actually read the NRA wine club email.

When your wife comes home from a weekend with the girls, finds the gun cabinet you just installed in the back bedroom closet & asks sarcastically “Do we have a closet without a gun safe?”
And the answer is “No.”

Are you a gun nut, aka dedicated firearms enthusiast questionnaire. . .

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting a real good laugh out of all of these!

Here is a short questionnaire to change things up a bit.

1. Has there been a day in recent history where you have not put some serious thought in to anything related to firearms?

2. Has there been a day in recent history where you have not laid your hands or eyes on something related to firearms?

3. Deep down, in all honesty, is there actually an end to the list of firearms that you hope to someday own?

4. Are all of your firearm projects currently complete?

5. Is there any model of firearm that you would not find pleasure in owning so long as it worked as well as could be expected for that particular model?

If you answered Yes to one ore more of these questions then there may still be hope for you, or you need to put in a bit more effort (depending on what your hopes and intentions are)

If you answered No to all of these questions, congratulations! You are a dedicated firearms enthusiast! Aka, gun nut.

*Disclaimer*
This is just my opinion. There may certainly be other or alternate qualifications required to achieve the status of dedicated firearms enthusiast. And like anything, there are different levels or degrees.

Last edited:
You continue to read a 9 pages thread that is about why someone hates Glocks or can't shoot them because of the grip angle and you are not a moderator.

Just like being a kid on Christmas morning.

When regardless of your age, you are excited to bring home a new member to your safe communitive. …… :D

Once told my wife that she was my #1 "Love" and firearms was my #1 passion.

She said it was time to negotiate a little trade-off ….. :eek:

Be Safe !!!

When you spend the first three days of your vacation just touring gun shops in a town that is much bigger than yours and has a lot more gun stores. (Last year when I was in Phoenix. I started at the North end of the valley and worked my way South. Yes, it took me three days. Halfway through the first day, I had to buy a charger for my phone because I ran my battery completely out using GPS to find each store! I also had to change hotel rooms from the North end to the South end to save on travel time the third day!)

When you walk into a gun store "just to look and...." (You know the rest.)

When you walk into a gun store "just to look" but you don't buy anything because there's too much stuff to buy.

When you walk into several gun stores (see vacation item above) and keep finding stuff you want to buy but you keep looking for that better deal because you just want to see all of the rest of the gun stores.

--Wag--

When you try to tell your wife that you "didn't buy a new gun," but she knows you traded for one before you even finish the sentence.

When you spend the first three days of your vacation just touring gun shops in a town that is much bigger than yours and has a lot more gun stores. (Last year when I was in Phoenix. I started at the North end of the valley and worked my way South. Yes, it took me three days. Halfway through the first day, I had to buy a charger for my phone because I ran my battery completely out using GPS to find each store! I also had to change hotel rooms from the North end to the South end to save on travel time the third day!)

When you walk into a gun store "just to look and...." (You know the rest.)

When you walk into a gun store "just to look" but you don't buy anything because there's too much stuff to buy.

When you walk into several gun stores (see vacation item above) and keep finding stuff you want to buy but you keep looking for that better deal because you just want to see all of the rest of the gun stores.

--Wag--

You plan a vacation to New York and the only two places on the itinerary are Remington factory and Baseball hall of Fame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A character in a TV show just said:
“He apparently sold grass to local high school students.”

I just heard:
“He apparently sold brass to local high school students.”

This "excuse" has been used in this thread before, but I accidentally ordered .22 pellets for my Umarex air gun instead of .177. FIRST thing entered my mind was... well I don't have a .22 pellet gun for cheap plinking, wonder how different, other than probably slower pellet, it would be from my .177. Jumped online and ordered a .22 pellet gun! Cheap fun in the basement "range" when you can't get to your "real" range. BTW, when a newbie comes to me and wants to learn how to "shoot a gun", ESPECIALLY if they have never handled one, a great way to teach them gun safety is in my basement range with air before we actually step foot in a real firing range. That has worked well over the years, as I find that it lessens the "shock" of firing and feeling that first live round.

Back