What's the best Sig Sauer pistol you would buy?

To start, yes, I know a magazine disconnect can be removed. I'm only modestly talented with basic gunsmithing skills, so I prefer my pistols to not have a mag disconnect to start with...
As such, I actually prefer the Sig SP2022.
Sort of a lower-priced, poly-framed P226 and does not have the mag disconnect (factory standard).

Another vote for the SP2022.

The original SigPro models were conceived as polymer-framed P226s and were built and priced accordingly (consistent with H&K pricing at the time). Compared to Classic P-series guns, the SP2022 is priced ridiculously low for its build quality.

I wonder? How many P220s came with adjustable sights.=? I have one in .45 ACP but I don't know if those sights were an option or the previous own had them put on. I can say this about the gun. I have a custom 1911 style with Caspian frame and Colt Gold Cup slide that is amazingly accurate and my P 220 will shoot right along side it all day long. My two gripes are the gripe was designed for someone with a King Kong sized hand it kicks even the light target load brass well over 40 or more feet away. Darn nice pistol though.
Paul B.

I like Sigs. My daily carry is a 226 Legion, but my bedside gun is a 220 in 45. It's kinda bulky in its current configuration so it stays in the drawer.
P220-SAE.jpg

Admittedly, my experience with Sigs is somewhat limited, having owned just three, all of which I still have. And all three are great. Although my favorite to shoot, and one of my overall favorite pistols, is my P210 Target, shown here with replacement, Standard style grips:

full

Frank

Of all the Sigs I currently own and owned in the past two get the most WalkAbout time, my P239 and my P226. The P220 is a close second.

The original P225. that thing conceals great and looks fantastic. It feels better in the hand than the P239 and the P225-A1.

The original P225. that thing conceals great and looks fantastic. It feels better in the hand than the P239 and the P225-A1.

My P225 was one of the two Sig Sauer models I simply never Groked, sold and have never regretted.

attachment.php

The other was the P290 series. I had two, a .380 and a 9mm but again could never feel comfortable or shoot them well.

attachment.php

I would like to find another SP2009 though. Selling it was a mistake.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 225.jpg
    225.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 177
  • P290RS small-01.jpg
    P290RS small-01.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 177
P232 is the most practical to carry and the best looking.

P220 Compact is a very reliable 45. It may be "smaller" and "lighter" but still big and heavy compared to most.

Something labeled West Germany and pre-Indian Mim. For me, a P228.

wm_13950970.jpg

I’ll echo the P228… only have it and a P938.

For me, I really liked the profile and balance of the P228. One of those, I won’t sell guns.

The P938 is nice, but I can get by with other guns.

Probably my favorite gun in my (small) collection is the 45 acp FASTBACK NIGHTMARE CARRY

A joy to shoot, sturdy, heavy but not clunky, elegant

I used that one to pass the carry licence test in Texas and aced the shooting test

I am more accurate than with my 365X or my HK45

1911fca-45-nmr.jpg

Depends critically on the type of gun you want.

I'll advance a contrarian opinion.

There are a lot of high-quality, full-size pistols out there. The P210 nice, but it's got stiff competition both inside and outside of Sig-Sauer.

But, if you want a deep concealment EDC 9mm you can have with you at all times, it's hard to beat this one for a mix of utility, materials, looks, accuracy, and generally something that will still be an interesting firearm 50 years from now:

p938a.jpg

Back