What's the best Sig Sauer pistol you would buy?

Glad you love them. They aren’t bad pistols, but these days I’ll stick with Mastershop stuff. I’ve very likely got more invested with Sig than the rest of the responders in this thread combined. I’m very comfortable with my knowledge of the brand, from Swiss Sig to modern day Sig Sauer.

Thanks for your input though.
There is no Sig "Mastershop" anymore. Sig's "Mastershop" is the same same as Kimber's "Custom Shop".

I have a REAL Sig Mastershop pistol. A German made X5-L1 made by their real Mastershop in Eckernförde.

The crap they are putting out now is just marketing BS.

There is no Sig "Mastershop" anymore. Sig's "Mastershop" is the same same as Kimber's "Custom Shop".

I have a REAL Sig Mastershop pistol. A German made X5-L1 made by their real Mastershop in Eckernförde.

The crap they are putting out now is just marketing BS.

I know the difference between Sig’s Custom Works and the German Mastershop. I never once said they were still producing pistols.

If The Attic is still selling new X-Fives on Gunbroker, I wouldn't know. I just barely gave up after a year trying land one. Every single one went $3K+

I do hope Sig returns to an "Allround" X-Five P226 in stainless steel.

If The Attic is still selling new X-Fives on Gunbroker, I wouldn't know. I just barely gave up after a year trying land one. Every single one went $3K+

I do hope Sig returns to an "Allround" X-Five P226 in stainless steel.
I wonder what my early 1990s German Mastershop X5 Level 1 would bring?

They were going for like 8K when I was looking months ago, but there are gen1 and gen2 differences with the extractor. Sourcing the internal extractor on the gen1 is limited and stupid expensive.

I will take issue though. What's wrong with my P210 target, different than coating differences?

Safety is now a thumb rest is definitely an improvement.
g05W9LMl.jpg

I wonder what my early 1990s German Mastershop X5 Level 1 would bring?

Actually the Gen 1 models generally bring less than the later Mastershop X Series. I own three Gen 1 X Series Sigs.

By the way, you’re way off on the production date. Those guns came about during the 2000’s.

On folded slides, was it the HK P9S that was super cheap made slide and then super buff parts?

The HK put the cost of the gun into the internals. The plastic frame costing and trigger guard, along with the folded steel slide with elements of cost savings, yes.

I own a couple Sport Group III models, including this super rare dual caliber set.

Yes. The "from parts, last before 2020 closure" X-Fives are the ones currently going for $8K.

The Gen 1 slides are definitely lower value. That internal extractor was fine, kinda not a quality now that Armory Craft is the last people making replacements.

Bac, any itchings for the Phoenix Predator I'm seeing at the Attic?

Probably not. It’s basically a gem 2 Fusion, which was based on the old Sphinx SDP. Great pistols, but the Redback and Drake are more my speed.

The only reason I’d get a Predator is to have an Alien vs Predator shootout. ;)

My best used handgun deal was buying a 2009 P226 in 357 sig, paid $600 back in 2017 . Also came with a extra .40 barrel . Flawless cycling but its a handfull to shoot, shes got some stout recoil. Its interesting as mine came with aluminum grips, supposedly all original.

Back