What would you buy if you are only allowed to own three pistols?

(1) Browning HiPower 9mm
(2) Ruger GP-100 .357 Mag
(3) Beretta 84/85 .380 ACP.
(and as many 22LR guns that I could stash before the counting started).

My thoughts have drastically changed as I've gained some experienced and researched more.
Kimber KDS9C Rail
Sig M18 with a Wilson Combat Grip Module
Sig P365 AXG Legion

Last edited:
Only 3 Pistols:

1. Sig X-Five 9mm Level 1 (Germany)
2. Original Tanfoglio Witness Stock 10mm
3. SilencerCo Maxim 9

(I answered this previously, but changed one of my choices)

Only 3??

Hmm, this one is difficult.
I think I would keep my old Glock 19 Gen 3 for an all around carry piece.
Next up would be a .22 if only 3 is permitted, one must be a .22 rimfire. In the interest of flexibility my old Taurus 94 revolver would likely get the nod.
Number 3 after much hand wringing? T/C Contender, mine is in .44 mag and while the limit might be 3, barrels should not count.:)

I'll give it a try...

1911 in .45acp, probably 4" in alloy frame, with a Ceiner conversion (already own both)--HD and target use, also carry-able

Kahr PM9 (own and carry it every day)--EDC

LCP (own it)--the gun to carry when you can't carry a gun/back up for the Kahr

Since you said "pistols" I picked three semi-auto pistols. I reserve the right to own a few revolvers in addition to the above. :)

My trusty Glock 23 Gen 3 40S&W also my HK VP9 9mm and my maybe Sig 27 45acp and surly my Walther P99, would be in the pick of the three.

My grandfather's Woodsman. My grandfather's Hi-Power. My grandfather's Enforcer.

Somehow they weren't around when the estate attorneys got around to distributing things. And I have an aunt and cousin who are so dishonest, they should be working at MSNBC.

The first three handguns I bought are my:

• Browning Challenger III chambered in .22 LR;
• CZ 83 chambered in .380 Auto; and,
• CZ 75 Compact chambered in 9 Luger.

For, primarily, field and range fun, carry, and home defense, respectively.

start with a ruger sr22 (or a similar top-tier 22lr semiauto pistol) and some extra mags. put several thousand rounds through it, 22lr ammo by cci and aguila work well. figure out the other two pistols later.

o.p. put his question in the semiauto pistol subforum, otherwise a ruger super wrangler 22wmr/lr single-action revolver is an excellent handgun educational tool loaded with 22wmr for business and 22lr for fun.

almost anyone of a certain age generally recommends a 22lr platform as the gateway to responsible firearms ownership. easy on the wallet and senses for lots of essential practice. anyone in the household can be properly trained up without too much difficulty. i daresay that a well-practiced 22lr handgun in the hands of a confidently accurate owner is a better choice, even for protection, than a 9mm polymer wonder blaster that is hardly or poorly shot.

Last edited:
As long as I can have my favorite all around carry........

gWJVep5m.jpg

SIG P365 for concealed carry
CZ P-07 for general SD and range fun
S&W M610 for hunting and versatility: 40S&W and 10mm rounds
S&W Victory for plinking and varmints...gotta have a .22

My G19 is always with. It's the Taurus 94 revolver or the Ruger Mk. III that get shot the most, by far. They are just fun.
Three handguns? No way. Maybe 3 .22's. and that is not near enough.

Back