What would you ask a gun mfgr to build?

I have heard multiple women state that they want a .380 but that the snap/report on the pocket guns was not acceptable. Lightweight 9mm and .38s can be harsh on small frames. Also, small hands have problems racking slides on subcompacts.

Want to make some money.....
A .380 3" to 3.5", lightweight semi with a smooth slide. Fire arms companies have to realize that women make up more than than 50% of the population. Huge market......

Last edited:
I'd like to see Smith and Wesson remake their U.S. model 1917 revolver (which they did in their "classics" line), but in .44 magnum and without the trigger lock and hole.

10mm compact version of the witness elite stock2
An SRM1216 where the cylinder advances on its own
Xds in 9mm toke or .357sig
Compact 1911 in .357sig or 9mm toke
1911 in a above calibers appropriately thinner
For petes sake a .357sig Springfield EMP
Semi auto version of the c-more systems m26 PDF m1
Semi auto ksg
The above two in 16gauge
A modern break top revolver

The "I want" has driven the industry for decades. It takes several manufacturers to fill the "wants" of the public. What has been built is superseded by the competition's answer to the sale. But if I "want" a mouse gun to shoot a 45-70, the answer with all manufacturers would be, "In your dreams!" What is not already on the shelves with multiple manufacturers? Why not find the firearm that gives you the most pleasure shooting, and or displaying?

Well, Ruger is bringing out the LCRx in 22LR. That is one I have asked for since the LCR's first came out. Now it is reality.
I'd like to see Marlin bring back the 1894 in 41 mag.

I would love for S&W to make a 4" 627, with a normal looking barrel and no lock. That I would buy. I think the 627 as it's made now is a great revolver that looks bad because of the weird barrel design.

Back