what would i get if i wanted something like a revolver but more like a glock

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didnt read all of what you posted
If it becomes obvious that you have no interest at all in trying to learn about this subject--to the point that you can't even be bothered to read the answers to the questions you've asked, then TheFiringLine is not the place for you.
.44 caliber revolver,would they have anything like this.only availible in a pistol instead of just a revolver

i know they have .357 mag glocks but ive never seen a .44 mag in something other then a revolver,or would a .357 be better anyway
The only readily available .44Mag autopistol is the Desert Eagle. It is a very large, heavy gun--a lot of fun at the range, suitable for hunting, and perhaps home defense. Capacity is 8+1.

The only readily available .357Mag autopistols are the Desert Eagle and the Coonan. The Coonan, although a pretty large autopistol, is not so large as to totally rule it out as a carry gun. It is not a high-capacity pistol--neither is the Desert Eagle.

There are no Glocks chambered in .357Magnum. There are a series of Glocks chambered in .357SIG which mimics one particular loading of the .357Magnum but can't duplicate its performance overall.

The 10mm is very close to the .357Magnum in performance, slightly exceeding its ability to handle heavy bullet loadings but not quite matching it for energy in the lightest bullet loadings. The differences in momentum and energy are not really worth talking about.

If you want true .357Magnum performance in an autopistol, the 10mm is the way to go. That would be a Glock 20 (standard size), Glock 29 (compact) or Glock 40 (long slide) if you are set on Glocks.

If you want a Glock that can roughly duplicate the performance of the old 125gr JHP .357Magnum loading, you can do that with a Glock in .357SIG--just keep in mind that it won't handle the heavy bullets that the .357Mag and the 10mm can. It does what it was designed to do (roughly duplicate the 125gr JHP .357Mag loading) and not much else. The .357SIG Glocks are the 31, 32 and 33 if Glocks are what interest you.

B. Shotguns ... a Mossberg 500 holds about 12 self defense Aguila shells, maybe 14.

id rather have an assault rifle or a pistol.shotguns have always seemed like a "hope you kill the guy before you run out of shells or else your screwed"

If it becomes obvious that you have no interest at all in trying to learn about this subject

i guess,it just seems like most responses on here arent really helping,there just complaining because of a lack of knowledge about firearms or something

It's not a problem that you don't know about firearms. It is a problem that you are asking questions and then aren't interested in learning from the responses.

Jason -

If you have regular/medium sized hands, get a Glock in 357 Sig. If you got large hands, get one in 10 mm. 357 Sig will get you 500 to 600 ftlbs. 10 mm will get you 600 to 700 ftlbs out of the same length barrel - 4.5".

No semi-auto out there will give you semi-auto capacity of a Glock, M&P, or Sig with the power of a revolver cartridge. Not even a Desert Eagle in .50AE

get yourself a Super Blackhawk. Forget about any double-action revolvers; they are just too quick to eject and reload; you really need to, "handicap yourself", with a single action revolver so that you can give your high-capacity polymer-whatever all the unfair advantage it truly deserves.

my problem with actual revolvers is the amount of rounds it can hold compared to something like a glock 19

id rather buy a glock that would be as powerful that can hold 15 rounds then a revolver that at the most can hold 6 or 8 rounds

then lets say this

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...unds?a=1831563

what if i wanted something with the performance like this(or the closest to it)but in something like a glock instead of revolver.would 10mm auto caliber and .357 caliber be my only options?

I think what you want is .44Mag or .357Mag (or similar performance) in a high-capacity package (15 rounds or more).

Ok, so let's look at .44Mag autopistols and autopistols that offer .44Mag performance.

In an autopistol, you won't find anything with .44Mag performance that offers more than 8+1 rounds. The Desert Eagle pistols hold 8 in the magazine, one more in the chamber for a total of 9 rounds.

So if you want high-capacity and .44Mag (or .44Mag performance), you're pretty much out of luck. There's nothing out there.

So .44Mag does not meet your requirements. That means we are done with .44Mag unless you change your requirements.

Ok, let's look at .357Mag/.357Mag performance in autopistols.

In .357Mag, the Desert Eagle holds 9 in the mag with one more in the chamber for a total of 10 rounds. That's the top limit for a true .357Mag autopistol. If 10 rounds isn't enough, then you're out of luck if you want a true .357Mag pistol.

So if you want a true .357Mag pistol and more than 10 rounds of capacity we are done with .357Mag unless you change your requirements. There's nothing out there that meets your requirements.

What about .357Mag performance in other calibers?

.357SIG does not really offer true .357Mag performance although it does roughly duplicate one specific .357Mag loading. If that's good enough for you, then any high-capacity .357SIG pistol (Glock makes some, but there are also other manufacturers as well) will fulfill your requirements.

That brings us to 10mm.

10mm offers true .357Mag performance. You can get a readily available 10mm that holds 16 rounds (15+1). That meets your requirement of providing .357Mag performance in a high-capacity package.

So the simple answer is to buy a high-capacity pistol chambered in 10mm. It offers true .357Mag performance and 15 or more rounds. Glock makes 2 pistols that meet those requirements, the G20 and the G40.

I would recommend trying before you buy. See if you can find a rental range that has one of these available for a test drive.

There is no substitute for a well placed shot. Revolver shooters have much fewer rounds to rely upon, so they tend to make their first shot good and don't get into mag-dumping.
But, I feel that this really must be addressed:
"hope you kill the guy before you run out of shells or else your screwed"
This statement, along with other things mentioned, raises concern to me, as it reeks of fantasy violence, shooter-video games, and unhealthy attitudes about guns and other human beings. The gun you envision probably has a semblance of existence in a video fantasy world.
I was able to have some humor about this in my previous post, but now, not so much. Should we be alarmed?

violent video games

why are you even on a gun related forum? its quite obvious your

1.american

2.anti gun

just based off the exact same attitude ive seen from the rest of people,and no.you shouldnt be alarmed.all im doing is trying to have a discussion about firearms,im not some psycho mass shooter which your probably assuming

Pathfinder45's point is that the goal of self defense isn't "killing the other guy", it's stopping the attack.

In most cases, even successful self-defense gun uses don't result in injury, let alone in killing the other guy.

Admittedly, it is still using deadly force even if the attacker gives up or runs rather than ends up dead, but it's important to understand that self defense is exclusively about prevention. If the attacker no longer poses a threat then deadly force is no longer justified (there's nothing to prevent--no more attack to stop) whether that means that the attacker ran away or is deceased.

So the death of the attacker is sometimes a side-effect of the legal use of deadly force, but it's not the goal.

Keep in mind that The Firing Line is "dedicated to the discussion and advancement of responsible firearms ownership". That means that the membership is going to be somewhat sensitive to remarks that don't seem to align well with that stated purpose.

Pathfinder45's point is that the goal of self defense isn't "killing the other guy", it's stopping the attack.

my main point is kinda with this comment

This statement, along with other things mentioned, raises concern to me

i dont mean to raise concerns with anybody on here,i just want to have a friendly discussion about things.so im sorry if people have misunderstood me

stinkeypete post #32...
That post was marvelous. Just made my day quite a bit brighter. Thank you. If anybody didn't read the whole thing they should go back and check it out.

P.S. On the Ruger 10/22 thing...looking forward to your posts on this. Particularly in regards to your thoughts on:

1. The "standard" $200 Ruger 10/22.
2. The "target model" $400 Ruger (big heavy barrel and big stock)
3. The "competition model" $800 new Ruger.

(And I agree we should take this discussion over to the autoloading rifle area.)

Jason92----welcome to the forum.

This is without a doubt the most technically accurate, most informative, MOST POLITE, gun forum I've ever seen.

You can absolutely learn a TON of stuff by lurking about and reading the posts.

Just in this thread you've gotten some valuable information.
1. A "real" .44 magnum will be a Desert Eagle but it's not too practical.
2. A "real" .357 magnum will be a Desert Eagle or a Coonan but they're not too practical.
3. Really big magnum like performance in a high capacity auto is a Glock 20.

(and yeah, I DID condense this thread A LOT, and simplified it A LOT.)

Numerous posts have mentioned this and the reasons why and even included some esoteric alternates that are, I would say, "interesting" and would lead you to look up a lot of stuff, which would expand your firearms knowledge.

Please don't go away thinking everybody on the forum is a Buick driving old fuddy-duddy yelling "GET OFF MY LAWN" at every chance we get.

Well we do, do that but you can still get a lot of information and a lot of questions answered here if you stick around, don't let your feelings get hurt and read. I bet most folk here hope you do.

I think I’m some combo between a “Fudd” and a “Fool” but I think the suggestion of a Glock 20 is the best and simplest answer to your original question.

but I think the suggestion of a Glock 20 is the best and simplest answer to your original question.

what i wanted something that wasnt a glock? or would pretty much any 10mm auto caliber handgun be good

Jason92 and stinkeypete...you two have inspired me to start "yet another 10/22" thread over in the autoloading rifle section. See you over there if you're interested. No harm, no foul if you're not.

do they have any caliber's of glock's that would be as powerful?
If you're looking for maximum caliber, this .50 cal, would get you pretty close to the real power of a Glock.

31XEJ27Y77L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back