what would i get if i wanted something like a revolver but more like a glock

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re not going to get 44 magnum power levels from a glock or any other polymer framed gun. A Glock 20 in 10 mm will give you 357 magnum power level and 15 round capacity though.

Jim

You’re not going to get 44 magnum power levels from a glock or any other polymer framed gun

i guess .357 would be fine also,my only issue with revolvers is i dont like the fact they only hold 6 or 8 rounds.id rather just buy a glock that can hold 15 rounds

A 200-220 gr hardcast 10mm bullet will do anything you can do with a 357 mag and 99% of what you can do with a 44 mag. Hunters have used that combo to take cape buffalo and big bear.

I have both a G20 and G29. They are both lighter and more compact than a 3" 357 revolver and either take 15 round magazines. I'm using 10 round mags with +2 pinky extensions on my G29. It is about perfect.

A 200-220 gr hardcast 10mm bullet will do anything you can do with a 357 mag and 99% of what you can do with a 44 mag

yeah,ive looked at glock's before.but im wondering if its better to get something .10mm auto then a glock 19

Well, simply get a GLOCK 20 in 10mm and be done with it.

i never usually watch ballistics videos on youtube.but i think im 100 percent sure set on a 10mm glock now,comparing that to a 357 mag revolver really isnt that much more powerful

I didn’t mean which revolver you meant. I meant, what is it specifically that you like about revolvers that you want in a Glock? But I’m gathering now that you simply mean power.

I have to ask: what is the purpose of this firearm? Is it for woods defense against animals larger and tougher than humans? In that case, 10mm will be good with the right ammo. But for defense against people, 9mm will serve you better for several reasons.

what is the purpose of this firearm

self defense,ive looked at desert eagle's to so i guess maybe im not specifically wanting just glock's

like lets say this,what would be the desert eagle equivilent to a glock 19

Last edited:
If you're looking for a defensive pistol a magnum semi auto, such as the Desert Eagle isn't the best choice. Unless you're a Hollywood action star..:rolleyes:

Have you actuallly held a Desert Eagle? They are laughably huge and quite cumbersome. I don’t know anyone who bought one who didn’t sell it at a significant loss not long after.

Man just answer the question so we can help you... what about a revolver do you like?

What about a Glock 19 do you like? Capacity? Buy a semi auto. Power? Buy a 10mm. Compared to a Glock? Get a Glock. Maybe you like the metal heft of a revolver? 10mm 1911? Like the double action trigger pull of a revolver? Beretta 92, Sig p220 series of guns, Fnx’s, All the Cz pistols basically except the p10c.
Do you just want “not a glock”? Pick from any of the following and you’ll be fine: Beretta, HK, Sig Sauer (they even shoot themselves for you :D ), Smith and Wesson, etc.

Vague analogies don’t really help if we don’t get what you mean.

Also the L5 is still huge. “Only 5lbs” LOL that’s nearly double most polymer framed handguns.

Okay then. Your best bet is a 10mm semi auto pistol. There’s a lot of them out. Can be loaded with ammo just as powerful as 357 magnum, and you can hold a lot of them. And you won’t be laughed at for trying to actually use it like a desert eagle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back