What was your first hadngun, and do you own still own it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4" blue S&W mod 19 when I was 16 in 1973. It was my fathers carry gun while in the FBI and when he was going to start spending half the day at a desk he went to the 2.75" barrel version and gave me the 4".

First was a ruger single-six .22lr, .22mag with 7 3/8" barrel. Purchased at age 12 from the funds I received for cleaning out a few chicken coups and barns. Yes it was worth it. After close to 500,000 rounds through it, I sold it to buy my books for college one semester. Best shot I ever made with it: Got a rabbit on the full run at 150 yards from the hip, first shot. Got so I could hit 9 out of 10 bottles in the air thrown by my shooting hand. Sure miss that little plunker.

Richard

First gun I actually owned was a Browning Hi Power. It was stolen about a year after I got it and recovered about a year after that, unfired with the same ammo and holster. Still have it and don't plan on ever getting rid of it, very happy it found its way home.

My first handgun, (And so far my only.) is a Colt Dakota, .45 cal. I inherited it from my father, and I'm a bit scared to actually fire it, as I have very small hands. For plinking I usually resort to my Calico carbine. Now, THAT is one fun gun!

First one was a 6" S&W 686 given to me for Christmas from my dad when I was 18. Still got it. -SCatt

[This message has been edited by swingcatt (edited March 17, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back