What was your first hadngun, and do you own still own it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread died a long time ago, but I would like to invite some of the new forum members to contribute, if they'd like.

------------------
-Essayons

Life! Life!! Give my thread liiiifffe!!!

My first handgun was a Beretta 84F (the same one currently on the Smithy board). It was a present from my brother. He let me pick whatever pistol I wanted... God, I wish I knew then what I know now!

It was a .22 calibre Beretta 76, and I was very fond of it. Do I still own it? Actually no. I used to live in England... You can guess the rest :-(
<font color=red>T.S.</font>

First pistol - Astra 400 from Walter Craig in 1967 for $20.00 incuding shipping!

Great gun by the way, reliable, and accurate!

Traded it years later for something which was traded for something which was traded....

yours in marksmanship

michael

My first handgun was a well used, perhaps abused, Colt Cobra .38Spl revolver. I bought it ten years ago and still have it.

BTW, I have always shot it, since day one, with +P rounds. The bore and chambers are bright as day...

I have retired it from daily duty but still keep it around, for nostalgia's sake, since that little gun saved my fat butt more than once!

------------------
Si vis pacem Para Bellum -- Audaces Fortuna Juvat

I picked up a pair of Rugers, Mark II then a Security Six, on the same day. The Security Six is currently on consignment (last double action revolver that I have) and had a friend inquire if I wanted to sell the Mark II.
Looks like I'm getting stuck on Autos and Cowboy stuff.

4" S&W model 19. Long since gone, but it did get me starting to shoot on a regular basis and reloading. Bought another just like itlast year.

Ruger MkII 5 1/2"bull barrel,got it when I was 15. Boy I wish I still had that one! I put thousands of happy rounds through that sucker. Then I PO`d my Mom one day and she threw it in a pond! Sob! I still haven`t forgiven her for that one. Geeze,now I`m depressed. :( Marcus

JC Higgins 8-shot .22 revolver. Gave it to my Dad when I joined the Air Force. When he died in '74 I got it back. Overseas in the gun club, choices were limited. Both a Llama .45 and a Llama .380. Been a few years ago.

------------------

My first handgun was a S&W 9mm. Model 659, if I remember right. Shot it alot. Sold it after the slide started to crack.
01paw

Never did have a hadngun, BUT, my first handgun was and still is (now joined with many others) a Browning Buckmark standard .22 I have shot it many times and still do. It got me started and, considering the price of some ammo it is one I go back to with a brick of 22LR for an afternoon of shooting.

Jim in IN

------------------
-- TANSTAAFL

Mine was a Ruger Single Six Convertible .22/.22 mag! I bought it when I was 18 and sold it after I bought a HS Victor a couple of years ago.

My first handgun was a Beretta Jaguar.22. It was used and had a 6" barrel. I had it cut to about 3.5" so I could carry it. The Beretta has had a lot of ammo through it and is just as tight as when I bought it for $40.00 (this was just a few years ago, maybe 23 or 6). I've come close to trading it, but could never manage to.

My first handgun was a Colt Government Model .45 MK IV Series 70, gave $200.00 incl tax in about 75. Brand new. I've still got it
Jeff

My first handgun was a smith model 15,
sold it for smith 6906 still have it.
First "gun" ever was a Daisey 880 powerline...

My first handgun was a S&W 586 with a 6" barrel. It was a gift from my father after I was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, in 1984, I believe. Still have it; almost changed the barrel for concealed carry, but decided to leave it stock...dk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back