What was your first hadngun, and do you own still own it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colt Officers Model Match .38 cal. revolver with six inch barrel. Very accurate. Unfortunately, I don't have it. Too enamored with .357 magnum at the time.

------------------
Bruce Stanton

First handgun was a chrome nickel 70 Series Colt 1911. Paid $220 for it. Do I still have it? Well, sort of... After 15 years of flawless service I decided to dress it up a bit. First gunsmith was supposed to install a rear sight; but got his tags messed up and stripped the nickle plating off the gun. Second gunsmith, replacing extractor, practiced with new dremel tool polishing the feed-ramp -- no charge. He'd never done that job before; which makes sense since the gun never fed ammo after that! Sentimental attachment led me to third gunsmith, a supposed Colt guru who rewelded the feed-ramp and polishing the sear until the the gun was converted to full auto only. Extreme sentimental attachment or insanity drove me to send gun to nationally famous gunsmith for utter and complete overhaul. Only original part still in the gun is the frame. The gun is now a tack-driving custom bullseye gun enjoying a new lease on life. It was my first gun and I do love it. Of course, I could have bought 12 Kimbers for what I've dumped into it. I can't afford not to love it! But it's still my first gun...sorta :-) Kurt

My first (that I owned) was a Browning 9mm High Power. Sweet shooter. Got rid of it, wish I hadn't. I even blew a barrel - had a squib load in a rapid fire string. I didn't notice until I touched off the next round. Boy, I was lucky no one was hurt.

My first handgun was a cheap Rossi .38 with a 3" barrel. It was stolen about 10 years ago. Believe it or not it was a fairly accurate weapon.

kimber gold match stainless. you bet i still got it, it's only been a month. i had to wait 2 months to get it!!! it's been terrific.

My first guns:
My first rifle was a Remington 522 Speedmaster given to me at Christmas when I was 10.
My first Shotgun was a Remington 1100 20Gauge Special field given me the next Christmas.

My first pistol was a .44 magnum Desert Eagle Mark VII I purchased when I was 18. It is an interesting story. My father showed up to sign the paperwork at the dealer's house. I still don't think he really understood what I bought.

My grandmother has told me she is giving me one of my grandfather's revolvers for Christmas. It is a large framed Smith and Wesson .22rf revolver. It is unfired. It was purchased before 1975. I plan on shooting it unless someone can give me a good reason not to. Should I shoot it?

------------------
;-)

My first handgun was a S&W 3913 9mm. I traded it in a year later (plus $100) for a Glock 23 NIB with 2 hi-cap magazines. Still have the Glock. I haven't gotten rid of anything else since then. My collection just keeps growing, much to the wife's dismay. :)

Kelly

first pistol was a sauer 38-h it was a war trophy from a wwII vet. he gave it to me for painting his barn. unfortunately at 16 years old I couldnt afford to shoot 32 auto ammo so i traded it for an stoger luger in 22 cal.
stupid stupid stupid

------------------

Hi Guys. I'm new to this forum, but this is as good a place to jump in as any. My first handgun was a 4" Smith 29 .44 magnum which had been customized by Mag-Na-Port and Armaloy (circa 1980). unfortunatley, i don't own this litle beast any more. I have had problems in the past hanging on to guns. i have terminal trade-itus. That 29 went away around 146 guns ago (no, I'm not kidding...). It was a great shooter, if you kept the loads reasonable.

Mossyrock

My first handgun purchase didn't go well.

I bought an EAA witness .45. Fit my hand well but completely unreliable jammed a lot and whe it did fire it alternated between shooting the front sight loose and throwin the brass right into my face. Fun time convincing Walmart optometrist that those divits in my glasses just appeared and he should give me new lenses.

I returned it and got an HK USP45. Much better choice. Do I still have it? Kind of my wife sometimes lets me shoot it ;)

Tom

The first handgun I bought for myself was a Ruger Super Blackhawk, 44 Magnum, 7.5 inch barrel in 1978. Loooooong gone...

Second was a blue Securtiy Six, 357, 4 inch, adj sights, traded for...

SS Security Six as above, traded for...

Colt Combat Commander, blue, 45 ACP, traded for...

Colt Govt model 45, blue, traded for...

------------------
>>>>---->

My first haNDgun was a Ruger MKII with a 5 1/2" bull barrel. Second was a Ruger single six, 6 1/2" I think. First centerfire was a Blackhawk .357/9mm convertible with a 4 5/8". First Glock was a G19. Don't have any of these any more. :-(

Ruger std. auto, 6" bbl, 1959. Was 16 yrs old; went with my folks to adjoining state, bought this gun used, cash, $25, we all walked out with it. This all led to a life of crime, of course.Didn't get the coaching I should have had with it and consequently didn't do as well with it as I should have, eventually sold it (dumb). Have since remedied that and now have a 4 3/4" std that I enjoy greatly. We get too soon old and too late smart.

Chalk another up for the Ruger MK2. Fortunately I still have it.

My first was a NEF 6 shot .22lr revolver with I believe a 6.5inch bbl. It also came with a .22mag cyl. It was a pretty accurate little revolver. Got it fall 96. Shortly there after, I was considering a semi auto, but being a rifle only type guy, I wasn't sure if I would like pistols over rifles and didn't want to spend a lot to find out. I decided to try a CHEEP Lorcin .380 After working the bugs out of the magazine and polishing the feed ramp a little, it worked pretty well. It would ONLY jam once in 20-30 rounds. Quite a feat considering it was a piece of crap, but hey, I only paid $85 brand new. It was enough to convince me that I wanted to be a pistol shooter too. I sold both guns the next summer. Just Monday, I received my first REAL pistol (A CZ-52). Having an FFL helps, but I I can tell that that thing is going to cost me a fortune in the long run! I just can't seem to stop putting the ammo through it. I kept saying to myself -- just one more magazine then I am going home. I only planned to test fire it about 20 times, but came home only after expending some 75 rounds.

My first was a Ruger Security Six that I bought off of a fellow officer when I entered the Academy. I sold it to my dad so I still have unlimited visitation rights.

S & W model 17, still have it.
Have learned to never part with good guns, have let go of some dogs though (Colt Trooper III, hammer used to fall of it's own accord, same thing with Llama .22 semi auto).
regret letting go of a couple of 1911s and an HK91 bought in 1980 for $550. Pretty stupid,Huh?

First handgun: Ruger Bearcat, which I still have. Bought it when I turned 21 in '63.
2nd handgun: Llama .380. I still have the Llama and never had any problems with it.
3rd handgun: 1911A1 Ithica that I still have, peened the locking lugs after 300,000+ rounds. I have a new slide for the Ithica bty.
After that the order of handguns gets fuzzy.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back