What was your first hadngun, and do you own still own it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wince when I think about my first handgun. It was a very poorly-fitted H&R .22 LR sideswing revolver. Its cylinder stopped indexing properly after about one box of cartridges. I finally gave it to my brother. He coudn't stand the thing, either, and gave it to someone else. By now it's probably at the bottom of a landfill, where it belongs.

Anyway, I'd rather think about my second handgun: an S&W Model 10 with a 6-inch barrel, refinished by the factory. I still have it.

First one was a Colt New Frontier .22 with an additional cylinder for .22 Magnum. Really nice single action. Sold it (unfortunately)many years ago.

Actually just picked up my first handgun yesterday. A NIB H&K USP 9 full size stainless. Can't wait to go and shoot.

First handgun fired (at 5) was a Ruger Mk I, Dad loaded singles into the mag. Good idea, the first thing I did after firing was turn around (and point it at him) to say "Was that good Dad?"
>
First handgun he allowed me to carry (a few years later) was a Ruger Single Six. Dad traded that one off before I was old enough to legally own it: but the first gun I bought was another Single-Six. I've introduced a half dozen people to handgun shooting with that .22 -- I'm keeping it.

My first handgun was a Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless in .32 ACP. The serial number indicates it left the factory in 1917.

I still have it, along with every other handgun I have acquired since. (I'm just a sentimental packrat at heart.)

An old Colt ad for the pistol bragged that it was "as flat as a book in the pocket". That says a lot about 1903...men carried books in their pockets, carrying a pistol in the pocket was also acceptable, and books were a lot flatter than they are today! ;)

A Glock 30 is as flat as a book...as long as it is a Tom Clancy paperback.

My first handgun was an Erma .22 Luger. That was in 1967. I traded it on a Beretta Jetfire .25 acp. I no longer have either.
Cat

The first handgun I shot was my dad's Colt .22 Buntline Scout--single action with 9.5" barrel. Used to shoot armadillos with it at the farm. The first handgun I actually bought was a Sig 229. I traded the Sig, along with a Colt Combat Commander, for a Kimber Pro Carry. Love the Kimber to death. My dad surprised me about a year ago and gave me the Colt .22 to keep. I'll never get rid of that one (or the Kimber).

My first Handgun that I owned was a Ubertie (?) 1856 clone I bought in Germany, I sold it to another Army fool when I found I might have problems shipping it home. I still have the Ruger Std. 4&3/4 inch .22 auto I bought in January of 1977, shortly after I exited the Army.

The handgun, and actually the first firearm, I used was a S&W Model 41 with 7" barrel. It was my father's and I used to love to shoot that when I was 5 or 6. My first handgun that I owned is a Ruger mark I. I bought it in February of this year and, since I am a Canadian, I am still waiting for the paperwork to go through.

Tokarev 213 9mm. I don't have it anymore; gave it to my best friend. My Ruger 10/22 was my first gun ever, and I do still have that one.

------------------
Bullets and primers and hot brass a-flying;
Goblins in my house all screaming and crying;
Nineteen-elevens and scope-mounting rings;
These are a few of my favorite things...

First hangun was a Ruger Redhawk....bought it myself and still have it...I love that .44 Mag!!! But, now I need to learn to RELOAD!! at $19-$25 per box it gets expensive to shoot every week!!!

My first handgun will be a Charles Daly 1911. I can't wait to turn 21 and have that bad boy arrive. A birthday present from me to me. I am so good to myself.

Ruger Bearcat. Got it for my 15th birthday. Sold it for $50 about two years later. It was kind of small for my hand anyway.

------------------
Frank
jqsurf@worldnet.att.net

My dad's Colt Police Positive 32 which i traded for same in 38 Spl. ahich I traded for a Fratelli Pietta SAA clone in 44 which i still have... the first i paid my own money for was a Bersa 22DA which i traded... you get the picture ;)

Ruger Security Six, stainless, 4", probably 20 years ago. It's been just about everywhere in Arizona I've been, including getting soaked in streams and rain. Looks and shoots as good as the day I bought it in a Smitty's grocery / department store.

My first handgun was a Springfield P9C I loved that pistol, but convinced myself that I needed to get rid of it has it had gone out of production, and parts would be hard to get. Bought a Springfield 1911A-1 with the proceeds. I miss it. So does the wife, only centerfire self loader she has ever been able to shoot comfortably and well.....I'll have to keep buying until I find another one she likes!!

Mine was a Steyr GB 9mm. A gun overlooked by history. It still today, is one the best handguns I have ever fired. Never jams, very little kick, gas action with internal port which eliminate muzzle flash. I can knock 19 rounds through hitting the torso at 7 yards in a matter of about 4 seconds.... and you better believe I still own it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back