What was your first hadngun, and do you own still own it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Pincus

yeah, yeah, haNDgun.....yada, yada....

Mine was a Ruger Mark II.
It was my 10th Birthday Present.

I was given a Bersa 383 DA when I was 17, my first carry gun.

regrettably, I have neither in my collection anymore.

I traded them before I decided to NEVER get rid of a gun I already own....

[This message has been edited by Rob (edited 12-11-98).]

First: Titan .25, traded it for a Ruger Mark II, traded that for a Ruger Blackhawk .357. The Blackhawk I still own.

First was an Erma KGP-68 in .380. Looked like a German Luger. Had it for over 20 years and traded it in for a Taurus M-85CH. I was surprised that the dealer even took it since there were cracks in the slide.

Ruger Single Six .22, was my first handgun when I was a teeniebopper, my first centerfire handgun was a TZ-75 9mm. Had that for a long time... had to sell it to buy my wife's wedding ring... I still have the Wife.

An Arminius .22lr revolver at age 8. In retrospect, a piece of pot-metal crap. However, it dispatched many rabbit and water-moccasin before gas cutting and stacked tolerances from component wear rendered it (and my ears) unserviceable.

First hangun was a Super Blackhawk. Owned it about 10 years, ran about 30,000 rounds through it and blew it up. Traded Ruger for a new one. Still own the new one 10 years later.

first handgun was a 9mm Taurus PT-92....still have it and have shot around 4500-5000 rounds through it with zero problems.....will pass it to my son someday...along with my glock & sig

FAL- Super Blackhawk? did you start late or was your father sadistic? My dad let me shoot his .357 Mag with duty ammo ONCE when I was a tot. I dropped it...

My first handgun was a S&W Model 15, .38 Spl. I traded it in for a 6" S&W Model 19, .357 Mag. I have had the 19 since 1974!!!

Ruger Super Single Six in 22 and 22 mag. Traded it in for Ruger SP101 in 22 LR, I wanted double action. I shoot it every couple months.

Steve Koski

Mauser Parabellum, Swiss Pattern in 9mm. It's a copy of the Luger imported by Interarms in the mid '70s. Yes, I still own it.

for my 18th birthday my parents bought me a
auto-ordanance 1911, I put alot of rounds through it. I sold it because I needed a better carry gun. I do in the future want to get another 1911. Polomer just doesnt have the same feel
wink.gif
Maby this time in .40!

Taurus .357 Mag Model 65. Bought 2 days after turned 21. Still own it, shoot it, and carry it when hunting as a back-up. Good Shooting, MarkCO

Colt Python 6" in Ultimate Stainless. My first and always my favorite, even though not my everyday carry. Will never sell it, even though I'm a little pissed at Colt's CEO and his political rhetoric lately.

A Ruger Single Six since I was 13 or 14; still have and use it. It is such a fun firearm, playing with it always makes me smile and feel good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back