What Semi-Auto's are Left at Your LGS?

All display cases are empty, yep, even the display models are gone. The only thing left is large revolvers and the expensive stainless models.

All the lower-priced 9mm and .380s are gone. What's left are the higher-priced stuff and .22s.

And all the common ammo is gone, too.

I have a local 'Shoot Point Blank' gun store/indoor range in Florence, KY that has dozens of 9mm handguns in stock. FN, Glock, CZ, Springfield, Ruger, S&W and another brand I can't recall. Lowest price I saw was ~$450.

This was yesterday.

Also some .45 and a couple of display cases of .380

"[I was in Brownells store yesterday and they had just about anything you might want.]"

It's possible they aren't advertising what they have in stock because they don't need to. Things are flying out the door before they can list it on their website. Stuff that they usually carry is listed, but it says on the website (if you check their individual listings) almost everything they list is out of stock. Especially handguns. Maybe their website isn't telling the whole story? I wonder if it's the same with Bass Pro Shops/Cabela's? Just speculation on my part.

Maybe their website isn't telling the whole story? I wonder if it's the same with Bass Pro Shops/Cabela's? Just speculation on my part.

I can confirm from what I saw at the store I mentioned in #83. Their website doesn't even list them as carrying FN , but they had a whole case of them in 9mm.

"[Interesting thoughts about the subject of people buying guns with zero experience. Got a text from a friend proudly proclaiming his partner, who has never even touched a pistol before, had just bought herself a new Hellcat.

Now, I don’t know about the rest of you, but for a completely inexperienced shooter, a 9mm Hellcat or any other micro pistol might be #300 on a list of 305 guns to start with.

I will be giving them both lessons with the Four Rules first and foremost, but this is a trend we are eyeing and it ain’t pretty. Too many people buying that “magic talisman” with absolutely no clue on how to safely (not to mention, legally) use it, and perhaps too many counter workers more than willing to push whatever they have.

With rights come responsibilities, and People like us who are on this particular forum should all continue to try to educate those people into getting some responsible training.]"

Yep, the one thing that concerns me most about a novice starting out with an auto loader, is the concept that an autoloading pistol can discharge without the magazine in place, due to a round in the chamber. Gives me the chills when I think of how many shooters, especially novices, do not know that. Sorry, a little off topic but I thought it was important to mention.

Now factor in the top seller of cheap metal gun cabinets Stack-On is made in China with import bans. New owners, no real stock of available (even crap 18 or 22ga file cabinet level steel) gun security...middle age men are the highest suicide group in the US and teen suicide by gun is constantly on the up. In Utah where I live, it's the highest cause of youth death--including auto accidents. The responsible gun ownership slice of the gun population needs to step up and with a national movement, not just individuals offering to train.

The clearing houses (online where the seller never even touches the gun (gunbuyer, gun genie, etc) have higher volume than your local store.

Cabelas/Bass Pro is the presumptive handgun ammunition take over from Walmart when they stopped being the largest handgun ammunition retailer in the world. Look to them as your gauge. They are getting some in at normal prices online.

I suspect we don't see build up of less common rounds for a bit though. 357 and 380 aren't high volume purchases, so we'll see stocks of it, but I don't think that indicates the amount being produced (not much).

While Federal/Speer/CCI sell direct now, I suspect we are temporarily getting hosed from paying those prices even though they are lower than Target USA and SGammo, the largest online sellers.

We bought two more guns at the LGS last week along with 200 rounds of 5.56, 200 of 9MM and 100 rounds of .38 Special. They have plenty of guns in every price range and a lot of ammo. The ammo is a little higher than normal but not by a lot. The ammo shelves are full of .223, 5.56 and 9 MM and they have a rack with .22 LR and magnums. Anything else you have to ask for.

Well said, me1911, concerning new gun owners. I have the same worries about the new shooters, even the ones who are actually trying to learn and do it right.

Bart Noir

Three days ago, in Cordova/Memphis TN:

the display cases with handguns were >>> filled up with handguns <<<.:cool:
They looked just like they did a year ago.

And this local store -- Classic Arms -- has huge amounts of 9mm, .40 S&W ammo, 7.62x39 and .22 LR ammo.

No, they don't ship ammo. They don't need to ship ammo, and never did.

Again, as noted by so many people, Ammo is the scarcity in so many places.
This is for the people who either just returned from a foreign country, or were sealed inside a cave.

Well, as I mentioned in this thread back in June, my LGS would be getting my gen 3 G-19 to sell; it was in his shop for 3 weeks - but realize this is a P/T position for him and he is only open on Saturdays and Sundays from 12-5; I do know he sold it for right about $600 though.

The only auto loaders I see around at the local shops are high end, mostly over a thousand bucks, and of course lots of revolvers.

I've never seen the gunshops this empty around here, few guns and no ammunition, the local farm and ranch store which has a big selection normally got 3 pallets of ammunition last week and it was gone before noon.
Is there anyone on this forum that works at one of the big ammunition manufacturers? Tell us about it......never mind your probably working 12hrs a day.

Was at the local LGS yesterday. Pretty much name it they've got it. My wife bought an almost new looking SS Ruger MK III.

The range/store here has a pretty good stock of pistols.
They got in a number of Masada pistols this week, $460 for a pretty good looking Israeli PSFP. (Plastic Striker Fired Pistol.)

Still short on basic ARs, pretty good selection of the high priced spread.

Back