What Rifle Would You Like Ruger To Make?

Fire up the budget game. Security 5.56. Something in between a Keltec SU16 and a GWACS/Cavarms sort of thing. A plastic fantastic 5.56 on the shelf for $350.

Of course, it's also a real shame that Ruger doesn't have a semiautomatic shotgun.

Fire up the budget game. Security 5.56. Something in between a Keltec SU16 and a GWACS/Cavarms sort of thing. A plastic fantastic 5.56 on the shelf for $350.

Of course, it's also a real shame that Ruger doesn't have a semiautomatic shotgun.
I like the idea for that 5.56, especially if it's got a good barrel and is accurate and lightweight and had a good trigger. The Kel Tec is at least light, but everything else is suspect and the price is not that good for what you get.

Ruger has never made a noteworthy shotgun and I think they realize there's a lot more money to make in handguns and rifles anyway.

I'd like to have an option of a 20 or 22" barrel on their 7.62x39 bolt action rifle. Other than that, I can't think of a rifle they should make...

Tony

Was there at one point a 10/22 chambered in .22 mag?
If they could bring that back, and make it function reliably, I'd probably buy one.

M77 mkiii - 223 length, 243-458 Lott in action length with separate mags or mag spacers for each oal....with plenty of room for seating to lands.

Focus items:
- forged action with smooth bolt sliding, low bolt lift, smooth feed rails, crf
- Real striker lifting safety like M70
- accurate machining
- integral recoil lug with vertical bolts
- cassette type trigger....maybe Rem 700 format
- 0.8” x 1” fine tooth barrel stub

I was just talking to a guy about this the other day. Since Ruger released the new 57 pistol, take the PC9 and make a swap barrel, mag block, and bolt (if needed) for it.

I would very much like to see the Hawkeye rifles with more cartridge choices as well as barrel contours and lengths.

Their LC6 trigger isn't terrible, but isn't that good either (heavy in my experience and not very adjustable) although it is pretty crisp and clean.

They are putting hammer forged 5R rifled barrels standard on the Hawkeye rifles which in my opinion is excellent.

What I would really like to see from Ruger is a 77/ Hawkeye tactical rifle with a better trigger and a synthetic stock with an alluminum bedding block, adjustable LOP and comb height. With a price more competitive with makers like Savage.

How about bolt action pistol caliber rifles with threaded barrels and/or integrally suppressed variants? I think these would sell like crazy. They would be ultra quiet, affordable (non-integrally suppressed variants), offer more punch than a .22, and be great for kids through adults. I think in a day and age where everyone is dishing out semi-autos, offering pistol caliber bolt actions is a relatively untapped market that will win favor with those of us who appreciate the maximum sound reduction.

- A Mini-.308.
- The 96 in .22LR, .22WMR, .357, and .44 Mag.
- The Deerslayer in .44 Mag and .357.
- Return of the Hawkeye in .257 Roberts.

How about bolt action pistol caliber rifles with threaded barrels and/or integrally suppressed variants? I think these would sell like crazy. They would be ultra quiet, affordable (non-integrally suppressed variants), offer more punch than a .22, and be great for kids through adults. I think in a day and age where everyone is dishing out semi-autos, offering pistol caliber bolt actions is a relatively untapped market that will win favor with those of us who appreciate the maximum sound reduction.

Not to mention all the current and coming ban issues.
I have to believe that many manufacturers have projects running that will focus on those limitations.
One of the very reasons I would love to see a 357 semi-auto, along with pumps, bolts, levers, etc.
Rotary-mag based 9mm semi-autos and such would be really interesting and fun.
How about a rotary-mag 5.7x28 or even 556 lightweight compact carbine?

How about bolt action pistol caliber rifles

Ruger makes a 357/77, which is kind of cool.

I'd love a 9mm bolt action as a rimfire alternative. It's not a thing. There's converted Destroyer carbines and converted .22 TCM's. Nothing else.

Ruger makes a 357/77, which is kind of cool.
I love mine
I couldn't even guess how many thousands of pounds of meet I've put in the ole' icebox using it.
Relatively lightweight & compact, rugged, fast
Relatively little blast or recoil
Can use inexpensive powder-puff loads on small game that do not waste meat
All the way up to flat shooting loads producing over 1,600 ft/lbs
(that's ~2/3 the energy of a 308 :cool: )
Best of all it is fun to shoot

BTW
Those IDIOTS over at Ruger just released a threaded version of the 77/357
Now I'm going to have to waste my time ordering one
What kind of fools are they!
:D

Back