What pistol do you edc?

The one I have on me more than any other (and usually riding as backup) is a Kahr CW380.

From there it's a swap out between the Walther P99, Beretta 84, 3" S&W 629, and Radom p64.

I carry others but those are the ones that get the most carry time.

Primary Glock 41 strong side IWB, or a Glock 21 appendix IWB, either is plus XDs 45 acp as 2nd option in front weak hand pocket.

LCP always, Springfield XD40 Sub Compact often except for during the hottest weather.
However, transitioning to more rounds of a smaller caliber with a Sig P320 Carry at times.
Coldest Winter option is a 38 Spcl +P LCR in heavy Winter coat pocket.

While I'm out of the practice of carrying thanks to my employer my primary carry is a Sig P2920RS. Below that I have a Ruger LCP Custom and a Seecamp .32acp. Above It I have a Sig P250C. Different guns for different needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one I have on me more than any other (and usually riding as backup) is a Kahr CW380.

From there it's a swap out between the Walther P99, Beretta 84, 3" S&W 629, and Radom p64.

I carry others but those are the ones that get the most carry time.
Keep in mind the P64s are not drop safe at all... read this:

https://www.xdtalk.com/threads/accidental-discharge-polish-p64.232632/

I sold mine and now carry a Makarov. They are 100% drop safe (certified by the rigorous California drop test protocols), have less recoil, the double action trigger is FAR superior to the unusable P64s, two more rounds in the magazine, and are just as accurate if not more so. Only a hair bigger. You should look into them.

We don't really get cold weather and I can't remember the last time I wore long sleeve shirts or long pants. We do see some of the locals wearing jackets during the dead of winter but even then it's only a few and only for part of a day.

Generally my carry is a Colt Detective Special, Sig 230, East German Makarov or BDM but sometimes some bigger handguns get out to enjoy the sun like a Smith 1917, 19 or 28 or a Colt New Service, an Army Special or a variety of bottom feeders.

Back