What pistol do you edc?

Sneakerh3ad

Inactive
just wondering what pistol you guys carry for edc whether its for ccw or open carry. I carry a shield in the warmer days due to printing issues and a glock 17 or 21 in the colder days wearing a jacket. I don't see the point in carrying around $1200 pistol, Imagine losing a gun let alone a gun thats valued over a grand.

Shield 9mm. Or M&P 2.0 compact 9mm depending on attire. Sometimes I’ll drop an LCR 38 special into my pocket(sticky holster) if I’m in a hurry.

Over the years, I have carried different guns. It depends on weather, dress, etc. Most recently, I've mostly been carrying a semi-auto in the pocket, either a Kahr CM9 or Sig P238. I plan on switching over soon to a Ruger LCR 9mm soon for pocket carry.

When the weather cools, I'll go back to carrying a SW Shield, M&P Compact, or a Dan Wesson CCO-sized 1911 in .45 in a belt holster.

I do a semi physical job so I need deep cover. IE bending etc will let a shirt rid up over a belt riding gun. So I carry a kahr cm9 in my pants pocket. Works well for the last several years, albeit a tad slow to deploy.

For many years, a Detonics Combat Master .45, but for the last 18 months, a SIG P938 9mm.
The latter holds an additional round and is half the size and weight.

just wondering what pistol you guys carry for edc whether its for ccw or open carry. I carry a shield in the warmer days due to printing issues and a glock 17 or 21 in the colder days wearing a jacket. I don't see the point in carrying around $1200 pistol, Imagine losing a gun let alone a gun thats valued over a grand.

It varies. For the last month or so, I've gone back to my first snubby, a steel Taurus 605. Shoots straight, never a problem with it.

Back