what kind of guy are you?

I like to look at any siuation that may arise and have a firearm to suite each need be it hunting or tactical . But to as to the question I'm a Christian Fundamentalist Right Wing Conservative .

I like anything that shoots, but I prefer Glocks for my semi autos and Ruger/MRI/FA single actions for revolvers. Anything not a Glock can be nice, but to me the simplicity and form/function of the Glock make it far and away my favorite. Of course I own other guns besides a Glock, I just prefer them.

I don't dislike double action revolvers at all, but I much prefer single actions. I think it's because I never carry a revolver (unless in the field), so to me they're not real practical in the first place, plus I like the looks and history of the single action.

Trigger guy

I'm a guy that likes a good trigger. The "worst" trigger I own is an SP-101, and it is really not to shabby, just needs some more exercise.

Last edited:
I like old guns. I'm a bit more partial to revolvers than I am to autos (currently a 2:1 ratio), but if it grabs my interest, I'll buy it.

I'm older , 60, and am a 1911 (over 20 of them) and shotgun guy. I've got many other guns, Sigs, Glocks, S&W M&P's, a Kahr and a Ruger New Vaquero in .45.

Yes, only one revolver. Agree with the other poster in that I'm thinking of trading a couple of my 1911's for a revolver or two as I'm tired of chasing brass.

Last edited:
I'm a 40sw guy. I have the pistol and the carbine in 40sw. Now I'm drooling over a 40sw revolver, namely the Charter Arms Pit Bull. :D

I'm an old guy too .....no Tupperware here either...:D

Mostly I'm a 1911 guy / and a S&W revolver guy /....with 5 or 6 Sig Sauers on the side...

As a rule, every piece of clothing I buy is something I feel comfortable sliding under a car and getting covered in oil in or sliding down a hill and getting torn up in. Even my suits. They are nice enough, but not so nice I'm going to fret their destruction if need be. A similar thought process leads me to Ruger and Glock guns for the majority of my purchases.

For something that will see use in the woods I generally like Ruger.
I am very happy with my Glock carry gun and don't see why everyone doesn't own at least one GLock :)
My Kahr target pistol is incredible, even if I rarely shoot it anymore.
The BT 99 I owned was as nice a shotgun as I'll ever get benefit from.
If I can ever get my hands on a Savage 99 in 308...
I just bought a used RG revolver I am a little excited to pick-up at my FFL.

Of course, I own only a few centerfires at this point and expect the number of purchased centerfires to continue to drop. I enjoy 22LR guns much more. Generally cheaper, new shooters like them, cheaper to feed in normal times.

Just a gun guy here. I have preferences, but own at least one of all the major classifications and brands. If it propels a projectile with gunpowder, I like it. Sure I have preferences, and those tend to change a bit.

The only time I get choosey...only 12 gauge SGs.

I've been thinking about this thread for a few days, and I still haven't come up with a good term for myself. I guess I'm a low-maintenance shooter.

Low-maintenance: I don't mind doing the basic upkeep on a firearm, but I like low-maintenance finishes. Just about everything I own is either Parkerized or stainless. As much as I like the looks of a beautiful, blued pistol, I don't have any desire to put in the work to keep 'em purty. Just about everything I've got is a matte finish, slightly scuffed or holster-worn.

Shooter: If I can't take it out and shoot it, I won't keep it. I'm a thoroughly awful collector of fine, well, anything. If I can't take it out of its case and use it, I don't want it. I don't care if it's a firearm or a fountain pen. I need for a gun to go bang, and I need for it to go bang, exactly when it is supposed to, every time. I understand that guns are mechanical and can fail, but I'll sacrifice a whole lot of Pretty for Reliable.

I'm a "Euro-gun" guy. My two favorite guns are: Sig X-Five and Tanfoglio Stock 10mm. After those two, then it would be my Belgian Browning Hi Power. In fact, I was shooting my X-Five today. Amazingly accurate out to 50 feet.

Im a 357 magnum guy. I have many guns and about 1/2 are 357 magnums. I have Rifles, revolvers and autos in 357 magnum. I use it for self defence, plinking, hunting small game, hunting mule deer, shooting paper and even some competitive shooting. I feel it is a very well rounded caliber.

Of my other guns all of them are 45-70 Govt, 22LR or 12ga. I like not having to stock a huge variety of rounds. The only thing I think I should add is some thing flatter shooting and better for long range. Leaning toward 308, 30-30 or 30-06.

Back