what kind of guy are you?

anything savage because there factory in westfield mass is not far from where i grew up.
i consider them the Red Sox of rifle makers

A few years back, I heard nothing but raves from Bersa fanboy on numerous forums about how great it was as an inexpensive pistol. I went out and bought one. The Bersa broke the disconnect bar on the second magazine. Cost me over thirty bucks to send it in for repair, and the repair took over a month. I really dislike it.

Heard mixed reviews about the Hi-Points and it predecessor the Haskell. I could not pass on a real cheap Haskell. I ended up liking the Haskell. I use it to test fire all my new .45 ACP reloads. It has never failed on me. I will have to admit when I place it over in the passenger seat of my F-150 it does cause the fasten seat belt light to come on. It is that heavy and there is little felt recoil. :D

Anything from my old rugerp89 to my sig 226 and all the ones in between.(even the taurus 1911, when it is working)

1911 and s&w m&p pro 9 is my go to gun. Love any miltary type ( Luger, P38 Nambu). Do not like the Glock because it feels like a 2 by four in my hand.

I like guns with history, class, staying power, etc. I'm not the "latest and greatest" type. I like S&W revolvers without locks and prefer them to be pinned and recessed. I also like Ruger revolvers and .22 autos but I prefer the Six Series. I like major brand autos.

Here is a rundown of some of the makes that I own:
Smith and Wesson
Colt
Ruger
Remington Rand
Browning
Sig
Glock

Me, Myself, & I all like different stuff :o

that said, I more a revolver guy, ( or bolt action, talking rifles ) because I reload almost everything, & I hate picking up the brass... although I have a Taurus TCP in 380 on my belt right now, & have a pretty good collection of CZ's ( & I don't mind shooting autos in non re-loadable cartridges, of both handguns & rifles )

in my revolvers, I own more top break antiques than modern ( because they were cheap to collect, & I enjoy shooting them ) but of guns bought new, I own more Rugers than any other brand, next is S&W, then Taurus, then Dan Wesson, no modern Colts ( I don't dislike Colt )

my bolt rifles, I have more Remington 700's then probably customs, then Rugers, then I have 1 Winchester, no Savages ( I don't dislike Savage )

I'm not much of a shotgun guy... but do shoot my double barrel coach guns quite a bit for CAS... but as cheap as 12 ga is, I don't reload hulls, I do mess with some brass cased shot shells, but mostly for .410, since that is so expensive to shoot

variety is the spice of life :)

Last edited:
First of all. I dislike the term "guy."

As to my preference towards firearms, I prefer the Single Action revover.

Bob Wright

I'm and old guy, I like mainly revolvers and 1911s but I'll shoot nearly anything tho not fond of hard kicking rifles.

Generally, I am a medium caliber guy who prefers .38spl/.357 mag in my revolvers and 9mm in my semi-autos. While I have a few semi auto handguns I seem to gravitate towards revolvers and really like the high capacity revolvers like the 7 shot S&W 686+ and the 10 shot S&W 617. My favorite brand is Smith and Wesson, with 1/3 of my collection made up of Smiths.
My last 3 handgun purchases were a Ruger Single Six with a 9.5" barrel, a 4" 686+, a 6" 617, a 6" 686+ and a Ruger SP101 chambered in 22lr. Revolvers certainly have caught my eye lately.
Even so, I also own two AR-15 rifles and am on the lookout for a nice 1911.
I also like lever action rifles chambered in handgun rounds, cowboy style. I have a Winchester 94 Trapper model chambered in .357mag. I guess it's all good!

Overall, I'd say I'm a collector guy, but I mostly collect rifles. If we are staying within the realm of handguns though, I'd probably say I'm an HK guy. My wife is definitely a Sig lady though.

I'm a confused guy. I thought I like the more practical or tactical type guns, but when it comes down to it I shoot my Webley MK VI, S&W 1917, 1911 or CZ75 far better than any glock, HK, or Sig and I would choose them any day for defense. I need more time... and money. :rolleyes:

Back