What is the worst gun you actually purchased?

Marlin 308 MX, when they first came out.
scope holes were tapped off center and I said ok well I dont really care cause I didnt plan to use it with a scope anyways, i took it out with the new 308 ME ammo and I dont know if it was my gun or all of them but it shot 4moa...in a bagged gun vise. and the sights we so far off i quickly sold it with 2 boxes of ammo for 100 less than what I paid for it and bought a bersa 380 thunder with 2 extra mags ad 2 boxes of ammo which despite others posts has been flawless and its my beater...i drop it kick it throw it around and it just shoots all day long, I dont think ive had it jam but one time breakign it in.

Argentine FM Hi Power. The feed ramp was rough as a cob and it took and a couple hours of careful hand polishing fix. Then after only a few hundred rounds there was excessive wear on the locking lugs. I sold it at a loss to a guy for a night stand gun.

Tony

The Grendel P-10. Turned me off of polymer pistols for life plus it takes forever to reload. :eek: I would guess it would make a great BUG though.

Kahr PM-45

Mine was literally full of metal shavings, some the size of a pinhead. Poorly machined, and wouldn't feed a full magazine without jamming. After a trip to the factory, it would only jam every third or fourth magazine. :mad:

Traded it for a Kel-Tec PF-9 and a Ruger LCP.

The Kahr wasn't that much smaller than my Taurus PT-145, which is 100% reliable, and holds twice as many rounds. If it were a Taurus, I might subscribe to the theory that you get what you pay for, but this was an expensive, and, presumably, well-made carry piece! :mad:

I've seen the Jennings J-22 mentioned a few times. I have one, too. Surprisingly, though, it's not my worst gun. I bought my J-22 in 1985 for $56, and I can't really remember why. I think it's because I had some extra money in my pocket, and I don't drink or smoke, so I had to spend it on something. Or, maybe it's because my daughter was 6 years old at the time, and I wanted something small to teach her how to shoot. I remember stopping along a creek bank on the way home with it, and showing her how to hold it and pull the trigger.

I had some extractor problems with it early on, but I actually fixed those with a file, and the thing began to work pretty reliably. I've still got it somewhere in the safe.

My worst gun was the first handgun I ever bought. An Iver Johnson .22 revolver that was so badly out of time that I couldn't hit a paint bucket at 10 feet. I kept wondering why I felt things hitting my hand when I pulled the trigger...it was shaving lead. I had it about 10 days, and my Dad raffled it off at work for $1 a pop, with full disclosure. I took that money and bought a new Ruger Standard Model .22, which I also still own.

Much better luck with that one. :D

Charter Bulldog 357 Mag.

Action locked up all the time, even shooting 38 wad cutters.

May it rest in peace at the bottom of the deer camp out house hole.

Charter Bulldog 357 Mag.

Action locked up all the time, even shooting 38 wad cutters.

May it rest in peace at the bottom of the deer camp out house hole.

My bulldog .44 special is sitting in my safe. Your post has me thinking of a proper fitting end for it lol

worst gun

Sterling 22 pistol: unreliable, inaccurate.
Taurus .380: firing pin block safety lever fractured twice. I'm not that slow a learner. Undependable SD type handgun - I'd rather have a bayonet.

worst gun

I tallied the nominations for handguns. Semi-autos outnumbered revolvers by a ratio of 9 to 1.
Seems SA's are like the little girl with a curl in the middle of her forehead: when they're good they're very, very good, but when they're bad they're horrid.

Colt Government 380, damn thing kept wearing on the same parts. Replaced the part for the third time and traded for a Walther PPK/s and never looked back. 2nd place goes to a Thompson 1911 from the 1980's. The slide on this one is so badly worn that you can engage the slide release and lay it down very gently and the slide will go straight to full battery. Fixed by tossing the slide and barrel for a 22 conversion.

Walther PPK/S nickel plated .380 auto. Pretty gun. Kicked like a tiny, little mule and cut the web of my thumb just about every shot. Cut my nephews, too. I never knew why so I sold it. :mad: The wife's Colt government .380 was a lot lighter and shot like a dream. But I sold it for a big profit cause they stopped making them. :D

Taurus PT-138 (Original "Millenium").

Considering these gen 1 models got pulled from the market for a redesign within 6 months, and the "Millenium Pro" wasn't far behind that... I think they ended beta testing a bit too early. :mad:

What a craptastic, worthless lump... (I still own it. :()

I'm embarrassed to say that I bought a Mossberg .22LR Plinkster rifle. I don't know what I was thinking. I liked its light weight and it had good sights. Other than that it was not very accurate and hard as hell to clean. I traded it in on a CZ-452... Now that is a great little rifle.

Taurus M85 bought NIB. Froze up solid after 250 rounds or so. My first and last Taurus. It actually shot pretty well when it worked but as a CCW gun it didn't cut it.

Back