What is the worst gun you actually purchased?

Browning Hi-Power. Beautiful early Belgium made gun. Beautiful blueing, nice walnut grips, reliable and fit my hand like a glove, but had hammer bite was like a Rattler. No matter how I tried to hold it ,it bit me. Sold it to a friend who loved it, bit him too. I guess just can't have big fleshy hands with that gun.

Someone's Ruger #1 custom rifle. Beautiful stock and forearm, the #1 Action and a Remington barrel chamber to the .223 Rem. Handled nicely but I could get better groups from a cylinder bore shotgun. My gunsmith has a replacement barrel so I had the gun rebarreled, not help there. Put in a Hicks Accurizer when it had the original barrel no help and wasn't any help with barrel number two. Sold it to a friend who just wanted the wood and action and was planning a rebarrel to something else. Too bad as I'd planned to use it as a walkabout rifle when I did my desert hikes.
Paul B.

I have read each one of the replies on here. I know the frustration I have felt with that "certain" gun. And then I know there are others in here that you take that "certain" gun to a gunsmith, ship it back to the manufacturer, or loan it to a friend to shoot, and they all tell you that it is a great gun and they had no issues with it. Mine was a Beretta Cheetah. I felt like I was on Candid Camera. My gunsmith was a great friend for years and he ask me how many boxes of shells do I need to shoot to make it jam? I just stood there with my mouth open. I took it back to the range with different ammos and it reliably jammed over and over. It's like the gun was making fun of me.

And if we want to talk about inaccuracy of a weapon I would have to say the Ruger Mini 14 and Mini 30. I know they aren't made for 1 MOA accuracy, I get that. They say the newer ones are better but man I'm afraid to ever buy another one. They are great reliable rifles that will feed a dirt clod but man they were inaccurate.

Last edited:
1. UZI Model B, with the 3 piece bolt, jammatic from Hades.
2. Tec-22, wouldn't work at all with anything but a Ruger 10/22 magazine, and then only sporadically.
3. CZ-100 - the single worst DAO trigger I ever had, bought sight unseen. I won't do THAT again.
4. Astra A-80 .45 ACP, nothing wrong with it, but I couldn't hit a dadgum thing with it. Other people could shoot it just fine, but that gun hated me.

Parker 1911 10mm, got to be the worst 1911 copy ever made. I owned it about an hour before I took it back to the gun shop. And they were made in USA!

PaulB said:
Someone's Ruger #1 custom rifle. Beautiful stock and forearm, the #1 Action and a Remington barrel chamber to the .223 Rem. Handled nicely but I could get better groups from a cylinder bore shotgun. My gunsmith has a replacement barrel so I had the gun rebarreled, not help there. Put in a Hicks Accurizer when it had the original barrel no help and wasn't any help with barrel number two. Sold it to a friend who just wanted the wood and action and was planning a rebarrel to something else. Too bad as I'd planned to use it as a walkabout rifle when I did my desert hikes.
Paul B.

May I ask what kind of accuracy you were getting vs what you wanted?

A Security Industries of America 38 snub-made in New Jersey. 2" barrel, rifling practically straight. Keyholed at 7 yards. Still have it, one of my oddbals.

The biggest piece of junk I have bought was back years ago when I was just getting into shooting guns. My (girl friend) at the time was wanting to shoot too so I bought her a Bryco/Jennings .380 pistol. It didn't go through two mags full before it started jamming.
I cleaned it, oiled it & made sure everything was right on it but never could get it to fire a full mag of ammo. After taking it to a gunsmith he told me the barrel was backing out of the frame is why it was jamming. He said they were junk guns & doesn't know why anyone would sell them. I bought it at a gun show but of course the seller never came back to that show.

Kimber solo. Despite the bad reviews, I had to have one. I loved the look and feel. Too bad it was the most unreliable gun I ever had. Which is why I assume they stopped making them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it was a Colt Diamondback in .22lr. The cylinder looked like it was drilled with a hand drill and a dull one at that. Cylinder leaded up after 12 rounds. Couldn't stay on a 8X11 target at 25yds. Traded straight up for a T/C w14" bbl in .35Rem.

Back