What is the lowest serial numbered gun you have ever owned?

#208 (suspected to be #8 of actual commercial production. But... it's a Taurus.)

Rifle... 0003 for my SKS, and 008 for my Mauser. But... they're commie guns. The serial number ranges were very limited, and reset every year. (If not more often, for various reasons.) The system the Russians used for serial numbers also allowed for multiple factories to produce the same numbers
at the same time. So, even though I own #3... It might be 1 of 85 produced with that serial number, and the 4th time that serial number range was used.

Most countries that produced Mauser variants had similar 'reset' systems, but some are hard to get information for.

For my AR it's 00153, SKS is less than 1000 but I'm not dragging it out just now.

For the most part my hand guns are between 1000 and 5000.

Edit...

Whoopsie...001538

Last edited:
Low, as in few digits, or low, as in early in production? I have a M1 Carbine with a . . . six-digit(?) serial, but research shows it was one of the first 3000 made by that particular contractor.

2x

rightgunhm4.jpg

and a Ruger 10-22 352xx with nicely figured walnut stock.

:)

S&W

I have a Smith & Wesson model 17 with a serail number below 10. By the way it shoots great!

I also have a Model 93, 7 Mauser with a 3 digit serial number and they all match.

You all have a great day.

Vector V53-- SN 8x
Not sure how many they made, but that's the lowest gun I own that has a number. I prolly own half a dozen guns that don't have any numbers.

" Get a stamp set, and give them serial numbers that are actually messages to my next of kin." The frame from that 80% kit, might have serial number on it when you get it . Don't cheap out on the folks, just have it engraved on them. Welcome to the forum. orchidhunter

My LCP is from the first run (370 prefix) with a serial number in the low 700's.

The Winchester Model 67A single-shot .22 rifle that was given to me when I was about 6 or 7 has no serial number. None of them did.

I once owned a Cobray M10 carbine number 25.

I presently own a 1st gen Colt Mustang MU0004x - one of the first 50 ever made.

Since this came back...

I had, and recently sold, a Kimber with a serial number making it #67 of 600. (Limited run.)
Not low for the model.
But decently low for the variant.

Back