What is the lowest serial numbered gun you have ever owned?

I won an under hammer rifle in 1976, No 01, at a black powder shoot in Tennessee, it was a prototype. It shot well and I killed several deer with it.

Texas Longhorn Arms Skeeter Skelton Commemorative Number

SS6. They made seven.
I also have a serial number 1 pistol from elsewhere but we'll not go into that here.

I got a .454 Casull Freedom Arms that is serial Number 7805D, even though the number seems higher then most out there we ordered it that way my dad and I ordered a set pair of consecutive serail numbered pistols back in 1986 so the the serial number is high but its actual production number may be lower if that makes any sense

Last edited:
Have a four digit (no prefix) Ruger Blackhawk. Also have a couple 2 digits (with prefixes) of a couple special run Rugers. Have I guess 4 or 5, maybe 6 special run Rugers of which 1000 or less were made.

Unless it's bought strictly as a collectable (safe queen) does it really matter?

I too am a very big fan of serial numbers. But mine are mostly limited to Freedom Arms or Dick Casull guns.

Here is the list of Freedom Arms revolvers
1. Hunter Special 1 Of 100 D 9177 77th out of 100
2. Special order just like Hunter Special FL 000D2 This gun was ordered by the owner of the Firing Line Gun shop in Denver Colorado. He and his partner both oredered guns at the same time. His partners serial number was FL 000D1
3. Wyoming Centenial 1 of 101 D WYO 1941
4. D-MY.454
5. I-MY.500
6. D 7590 Production guns started at D 7000

Casull Arms handguns
1. Model 2000 22lr 140
2. Model 3800 38 Casull EX 0009 This was number nine of around fifteen Experimental guns made.

I have a Prototype 454 Casull 1886 Winchester style leveraction that was made by Buck Elliot that has the serial number of P001 he built two of them both prototypes.

This gun goes along with your original question this is a Remington 1888 single action revolver serial number 451. I have heard that there were less than 1000 1888's made.

I think it was this .31 Bacon pocket pistol made in 1858. It was number 606 out of about 3000. It's the top one.
3879-R1-14-15A.jpg

My Mauser 71/84. S/N 4444. It is believed around 1 million were made in total, so being the 4,444th one out of a million seems pretty low, and cool to me.

I have a handgonne that was hand turned on a lathe. (Blackpowder cannon on a stick, essentially. In this case, it shoots .357 bullets.)

Serial number is PS002. Meaning Phobos, Steel, number 002.

Lowest serial number the maker ever sold, in that he keeps the number 001's for his own collection.

For serial number-less guns, I have a couple Mossberg shotguns without serial numbers.

I would always confuse the clerks at my usual gunshop when I was stationed in San Antonio and could afford to buy more guns. Once I'd determined which specific guns of a model I was buying were identical, I'd start checking serial numbers for being prime using mental arithmetic. They could never understand why I thought it would be significant to find a prime numbered gun. (I never did.)

At some point over the next couple decades, I hope to purchase and finish some of those 80% 1911 frames. Get a stamp set, and give them serial numbers that are actually messages to my next of kin. I think it would be a beautiful thing to leave an inheritance of a gun with the serial number "Don'tEverGiveUp,Johnny" or somesuch.

Got a factory orginal Marlin lever gun with a 2 digit serial number. The Marlin 1899 chambered in 45-70 has exactly 25 rounds shot threw it.

I have a Finnish M39 with matching numbers. Although the receiver is not a low serial number, all the parts are numbered 0000.

Attachments

• m39serno.jpg
    m39serno.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 11
this isnt me but my pops knows a man who bought. in a presentation case, two Colt SAA from a garage sale with the numbers 11 and 12. i almost fainted

Back