What is the lowest serial numbered gun you have ever owned?

I've got two Cav Arms forged lowers serial numbers 327 and 328. 327 is an SBR and I haven't decided if 328 will be an SBR or SPR.

SN's are kind of an interest of mine also. My neatest one is a Star Super B with 2 serial numbers. One of the guys at Star Bonifacio Echeverria, S.A. web sight said that according to the markings and stamps, the pistol likely started out a Model B but got switched to a Super B before being released to the Gov't Acceptance folks and then the Military.

my Ruger Standard Model Automatic Pistol's s/n is actually on the other end of the spectrum, they were produced from 1949 to 1982, mine being built in 1980.

Picked up a Colt AR-15 0004XX back in the 70's at a gun show, still got it.

Still has the old original foreskin, I mean foregrip on it like the 'nam days, but no bolt assist.

winchester 37

prob doesn't count but my winchester model 37 has no sn

re: Serial numbers were not required by the government until 1968.

Last edited:
prob doesn't count but my winchester model 37 has no sn

Still interesting, as are the other guns posted about here that had no serial number.

Do you have any idea how that would happen to a gun like the Winchester? I know that some guns (usually handguns) with no serial number may be what they refer to as "lunchbox specials", meaning that they were assembled from component parts surreptitiously removed from the factory before marking (at least, so I've heard). But a 12-ga. shotgun seems a somewhat unlikely candidate for this.

My grandad's Stevens 15b bolt action single shot .22 has no serial number.
stevens15b-r.jpg

I have a Pre CZ (circa 2003) Dan Wesson PM10B Major. It's number 52 of appx 300, pre-production models.
100_1059.jpg

100_1060.jpg

The noticable differences as explained to me:
- Biggest one is it's Blued, very rare for a DW 1911 to be blued.
- The typical DW rollmark/billboard is not on the slide.(it is a large obnoxious rollmark at that)
- The nomenclature is not typical PM10B. Later known as PM1/7.
- it has the integral rear Bomar/Millet sight
- Unique wood slabs with brass medallion.
All this was as it was told to me by the folks at DW.

Back