What is the big deal about "TALO"??

The 3" barreled GP100 with the Novak sights I definitely would consider for purchase, the 3" barrel .357 being to my mind the absolutely perfect rendering of the platform, the WC Colt is another story altogether, Colt's chastised me when I called to complain and seek a replacement for the one I was stuck with, they chided me that it was not intended to be a shooter, but a wall hanger!

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the thing, to say the least!
Wow. That's just... wow.

My GP-100 is an excellent shooter. The stock DA trigger is heavy (12.5 pounds according to my gauge), but very smooth. I haven't tried the match champion for comparison, but the Talo feels like it's already had a trigger job right out of the box compared to the standard GP-100.

Most Talo offerings are a bit too ornate for my liking. I like firearms to be practical. :D

The two I like are the Colt O1991Z-HC Factory Hard Chrome and Night Watchman Ruger 1911.

I recently purchased my first, (and probably only) SA. A Talo Ruger SBH .44 mag with a 3.75" barrel and unfluted cylinder. :D

Well i have the Talo Ruger Super Redhawk 454 Casull. While the added barrel length does help with the performance i do belive that the added 2 inches of barrel could have been done better. It is damn ugly. Why add two inces of slab sided barrel. Why not just a full lug barrel with porting now that would have been really nice.
They way it is now... it just does nothing to inhance the cosmetics of this gun.

My son calls it the ray gun :(

Quote:
Is this just a cosmetics job or do they really enhance the firearm.

Yes and Yes as well and another yes, on the enhanced price. Talked to a dealer that had as few Talos and basically asked the same questions you asked. The dealer is very familiar with the guy that's behind the Talo. He pretty much said the same thing and that there were no improvements in practical function. .....

What sort of "improvements", 100 years later, would you expect?

Talo

You buy a TALO because you can. Let's face it, nobody NEEDS a .50BMG very much but it's good that you can have one. At the range, the guy with the real Colt 1911-A1 beats everyone else. Military issue anything usually beats the civilian versions. It's good to be the guy with the cool toys, just make sure it is also the toy you really want. I'll pay extra to impress myself. TALO is a bonus snob point.

You go through life just so long. Sometimes you do something just because you can.

Back