What is the big deal about "TALO"??

That GP-100 is the first TALO I've ever considered, and I really don't need a 6th .357.

Dovetailed sights, fiberoptic front, 3" barrel, the wooden-insert rubber grips (which Ruger never should have ditched), restrained checkering in a unique pattern.

It offers functional improvements over a stock GP-100 with a few tasteful cosmetic embellishments - ding ding ding WINNER.

My latest TALO....

Yep. Colt SAA Wiley Clapp .44 spl. It's NIB with the cylinder unturned. BEAUTIFUL.

Attachments

• E92F3862-9748-7B26-B6768AE30D69E632.jpg
    E92F3862-9748-7B26-B6768AE30D69E632.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 138
  • Colt Wiley Clapp SAA (1).jpg
    Colt Wiley Clapp SAA (1).jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Colt Wiley Clapp SAA.jpg
    Colt Wiley Clapp SAA.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 90
The good thing about Talo guns is you can get certain guns in finishes and barrel configurations they don't usually have. Right now you can get the old style pencil barrel Ruger MKIII's in stainless instead of the usual blued. Not all of them are just different grips or fancy engraving.

10115.jpg

Dont know why they dont offer this in stainless to begin with.

Last edited:
TALO

I can find nothing wrong with my TALO firearms. They're good looking and handle very well. The Henry Silverado is gorgeous with that silver plated receiver. The Colt Gold Cup National Match in bright stainless is absolutely supreme. The North American Arms King of Hearts is cute as a bug's ear. The only rather odd entry of late by TALO is the Ruger LCP Zombie Slayer. That zombie fad has even carried over to Hornady ammo too. The zombie thing is a little creepy. But, it will pass.

Attachments

• 2011-10-26_19-47-03_899.jpg
    2011-10-26_19-47-03_899.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 126
  • pop_wm_2415089.jpg
    pop_wm_2415089.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 119
  • KOH (2).jpg
    KOH (2).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I recently had a choice between a standard and grey/blue LCR by Talo at my LGS. The price difference was only $10 and it was nice to have something different then everyone else.

I'm waiting for a consignment gun to sell and I'm picking it up.

5412.jpg

I've been very satisfied with a Talo/Ruger .44 Special that I bought last year. Great accuracy, and not much more than a blued Ruger in the same caliber, around $80. I wanted the SS version and Ruger wasn't making any...so it was worth it. The grips on the one pictured below are rosewood, home-mades...can't stand the 'cheese-cutters' that are standard on the Rugers now. It's become my daily companion here on our farm in KY. Rod

Ruger44SS.jpg

Thanks Shadi...It'll do sub-2" gps at 25 yds for me...really likes the Hornady 200 gr XTP or any good 240 gr LSWC with 231 or HP-38. I load for 1000 fps for my day to day carry load on the farm...authoritative and not too difficult to handle. The grips were a project, but turned out well...Rod

TALO has raised over $500,000 for the USA Shooting Team using Ruger guns

I think TALO should be commended by the shooting community for their generous contribution on the behalf of the USA Shooting Team. I think that too many times businesses do not get the appreciation they deserve for the many times they have stepped up to the plate and have done the right thing with their financial and moral support for causes we all agree are worth fighting for.

Regarding TALO's aforementioned rendition of the Ruger GP100, I would like to ask whyrob if he knows whether the revolver is made of stainless steel and given a unique matte finish or whether the gun is made of carbon steel and given a special protective finish of some kind.

I have The two tone G19,I bought for 70.00 more than the Standard.
I actually bought it because it had better sights than any in the case and I would have replaced the factories reguardless.Turns out that the slide finish is holding up to daily carry better than any of my other pistols.
Im happy with it.

I always thought it was a another version of fail zero coating. Just bought a exo g17 and the talo glocks look similar.

i have a talo s&w ar15...i got it before they became popular guns of the masses. got it right..then found out it retailed for 2500$. nice pkg..has all the good stuff on it. m&p-1 i believe is on the lower
what it doesnt have is a forward assist. the upper and lower are billet and i had to go all the way to s&w to get them to research it to find out why ther was no forward assist and what was so special about this gun.
this was all before i knew this site and almost before so much info online was avail

gary

TALO Exclusives

TALO produced a S&W Model 360, with a stainless steel cylinder . . . that was exactly what I wanted, and couldn't get from anyone else. :)

Back