What I Don't Like About Glock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Springfield Armory XDs in .45 ACP because it had a grip safety. I liked the idea that it was one extra built in safety that COULD prevent an accidental discharge when holstering. If you have your shooting grip when holstering, it won't make a difference. If you insert the gun in the holster and then press on the back of the slide, without pressing on the grip safety, it SHOULD be safer.

In the end I hated the trigger, even with the Powder River Precision kit, and sold the gun. Can't say I miss it in the least. I am just very careful holstering my Glock 43.

a Springfield Armory XD really needs the grip safety because it's always fully cocked, thats why the trigger pull is so nice, it's natural to hold a pistol and depress the grip safety, so it could easily snag on something while holstering

a Glock is very simplistic, less parts, safe as long as you are well aware and trained with it, dont snag the trigger and keep your finger off until ready to fire

or carry ISRAELI IDF style and carry on empty chamber ,and train to rack the slide before use.

In 1898 Iver Johnson INVENTED the "SAFETY TRIGGER", the trigger children think Glock invented in the 1980's. Same kids think Glock was the first with a plastic frame, WRONG AGAIN. H&K has that decades earlier.

Glock is the PERFECT gun for those easily impressed.

Geez, forehead soap..still looking for that, ‘why I hate (put name of gun here)...thread...geee, squeeze trigger, goes bang, makes hole in target..not sure what else it’s supposed to do. ‘Better hole’? ..those that rely on guns to score coffee shop points at the ‘table’ when waiting for a lane wear me out.

But I guess 65% of all Police departments and military organizations, those 5 million or so ‘could’ be wrong...;)

Here’s where you tell us why YOUR choice is ohh so much ‘better’ making those holes in paper targets.

Last edited:
In 1898 Iver Johnson INVENTED the "SAFETY TRIGGER", the trigger children think Glock invented in the 1980's. Same kids think Glock was the first with a plastic frame, WRONG AGAIN. H&K has that decades earlier.

Where are these kids you speak of? Are we running a daycare now?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

This is post #269 on this thread and what have we learned here? If somebody wants to say they like their Walther or M&P better than a Glock then I’m certainly OK with that.

And it would be a quantum leap improvement if Glock would let Walther design their triggerguards. I wish I could get the thin triggerguard on my PPS-M2 to replace the fat & blocky triggerguard on a Glock. That would be the one change I’d make to any of my Glocks.

Ha, I LIKE the Glock trigger guard and it fits ohh so nicely in the Raven Vanguard I use...:):p

I also really like the slide finish of my son's G17Gen5 and Glock 45..Beyoutiful!!

I had 3 Glocks at one time, then I just had my 23 because I shot it the best, and had moved on to different pistols. Even though the 43X and 48 just launched, I purchased a 43 yesterday. I really liked the size and trigger, and may add a +1 mag extension eventually.

I wish Glocks came with metal sights from the factory. I also notice stock trigger pulls vary from gun to gun(not just weight wise, but feel/creep).

But I guess 65% of all Police departments and military organizations, those 5 million or so ‘could’ be wrong

Yep, they not only could be, but are wrong...for me.

Always remember that, with very rare and few exceptions, those police and military carrying the pistols don't get to choose what they are. What gets bought and issued is decided by various administrators, NOT the "line troops". Their primary considerations are usually "good enough to do the job" and "meets the desired price point". NOT "what is best in the hands of the troops".

Also remember that military organizations, and to a degree police, focus on what they consider best "for the mission", NOT on what might be best for the individual carrying out the mission. I'm no longer in the military, never was a cop, my life's "mission" is a lot different than theirs. Probably a bit different from yours. They get to decide what is best, for them (well somebody decides for them) I decide what is best, for me. Assuming that what the military and police use is best for everyone is on the same line of reasoning as "eat "poop"! Billions and billions of flies can't be wrong!" :rolleyes:

11 pages and the main reasoning against Glocks seems to be:

1. Glocks don't fit my hand. I don't shoot them well. Practice might change that but there are many other choices for me so why bother learning to shoot a gun I don't like, better?

2. It doesn't have an external safety and I prefer guns that have external safeties or are da/sa.

3. I'm still wary of polymer guns and prefer metal.

4. I don't have an issue with them just prefer other guns.

5. Polymer, striker, who cares? If they shoot I like em. I just think there are better polymer framed striker fired guns out there than a Glock. Or polymer hammer.

6. I don't have a problem with the gun I have an issue with the folks that constantly tell me they are the best gun out there and ideal for all purposes and that I'm an ignorant obsolete fella for not "getting with" a "modern gun". So I refuse to feed that monkey.

That seems about it as far as I can tell.

tipoc

11 pages and the main reasoning against Glocks seems to be:

1. Glocks don't fit my hand. I don't shoot them well. Practice might change that but there are many other choices for me so why bother learning to shoot a gun I don't like, better?

2. It doesn't have an external safety and I prefer guns that have external safeties or are da/sa.

3. I'm still wary of polymer guns and prefer metal.

4. I don't have an issue with them just prefer other guns.

5. Polymer, striker, who cares? If they shoot I like em. I just think there are better polymer framed striker fired guns out there than a Glock. Or polymer hammer.

6. I don't have a problem with the gun I have an issue with the folks that constantly tell me they are the best gun out there and ideal for all purposes and that I'm an ignorant obsolete fella for not "getting with" a "modern gun". So I refuse to feed that monkey.

That seems about it as far as I can tell.

tipoc
I once was part of the "Glocks don't fit my hand." (at least as well as the M&P) crowd.

The finger grooves were the problem and since M&Ps worked for me and cost less, I just didn't bother modifying a Glock to work for me.

I handled the gen fives a lot at work and decided I like the way they fit my hand. I recently found a great deal on a G19.5 and I am very happy with it.

I once was part of the "Glocks don't fit my hand." (at least as well as the M&P) crowd.

The finger grooves were the problem and since M&Ps worked for me and cost less, I just didn't bother modifying a Glock to work for me.

I handled the gen fives a lot at work and decided I like the way they fit my hand. I recently found a great deal on a G19.5 and I am very happy with it.
Heresy!!!! Yer supposed to say why you despise Glock here!!:)
My son traded his 17/Gen 4 for a 5 for that reason also. However, I LIKE the finger grooves of my -17/4...

Yer supposed to say why you despise Glock here!!
I guess that's right, isn't it.

Ok, here's my gripe list.

1. The polymer lined magazines are bigger than they need to be. Making them more conventionally out of only metal would save space and maybe even weight. This could either allow higher capacities, a stronger grip area, or a smaller grip area.

2. The funny flare/cutout at the bottom front of the grip on some of the pistols. This causes my little finger some discomfort and I usually end up trimming it a bit to make it more comfortable.

3. The plastic sights. For range work, they're not awful, but the front sight can loosen up pretty quickly with holster work, and if you're going to practice methods for racking the slide one-handed, you'll eventually pop a plastic rear sight off the gun.

4. I don't like the interface between the slide and the connector. IMO, this should have been designed a little better so that both surfaces are less likely to wear. As it is, especially since Glock, in most of its material, makes no mention of keeping this interface lubricated, both surfaces can wear resulting in the trigger disconnecting slower (taking longer to disconnect) as the slide comes out of battery.

5. The factory mag release is not placed ideally for me and isn't a comfortable design. I can operate it without shifting my grip, but it's difficult and uncomfortable. This means I have to twist the gun slightly in my grip to operate it positively and easily. I tolerate this because I'd rather have to work a little harder on a reload than to run the risk of accidentally dropping a mag when I don't want to. But I think that maybe a better balance could have been reached.

6. I don't like the "flat" metal finish/overcoating that is on some of the pistols. They had a slick finish/overcoating that they used for awhile that was nicer--and easier to clean up.

There are more things I don't like about them, but maybe that's enough for now...

I guess that's right, isn't it.

Ok, here's my gripe list.

1. The polymer lined magazines are bigger than they need to be. Making them more conventionally out of only metal would save space and maybe even weight. This could either allow higher capacities, a stronger grip area, or a smaller grip area.

2. The funny flare/cutout at the bottom front of the grip on some of the pistols. This causes my little finger some discomfort and I usually end up trimming it a bit to make it more comfortable.

3. The plastic sights. For range work, they're not awful, but the front sight can loosen up pretty quickly with holster work, and if you're going to practice methods for racking the slide one-handed, you'll eventually pop a plastic rear sight off the gun.

4. I don't like the interface between the slide and the connector. IMO, this should have been designed a little better so that both surfaces are less likely to wear. As it is, especially since Glock, in most of its material, makes no mention of keeping this interface lubricated, both surfaces can wear resulting in the trigger disconnecting slower (taking longer to disconnect) as the slide comes out of battery.

5. The factory mag release is not placed ideally for me and isn't a comfortable design. I can operate it without shifting my grip, but it's difficult and uncomfortable. This means I have to twist the gun slightly in my grip to operate it positively and easily. I tolerate this because I'd rather have to work a little harder on a reload than to run the risk of accidentally dropping a mag when I don't want to. But I think that maybe a better balance could have been reached.

6. I don't like the "flat" metal finish/overcoating that is on some of the pistols. They had a slick finish/overcoating that they used for awhile that was nicer--and easier to clean up.

There are more things I don't like about them, but maybe that's enough for now...
I have an idea!! Buy sumthin else... reality, what a concept. Subjectivity enters in gun choices, like it does in almost every ‘thing’ choice. Yeegads.

But don’t you dare tell ME I’m deficient in some way because I’m part of the Glock universe. BS flag again on that one, sir.

I have an idea!! Buy sumthin else... reality, what a concept. Subjectivity enters in gun choices, like it does in almost every ‘thing’ choice. Yeegads.

But don’t you dare tell ME I’m deficient in some way because I’m part of the Glock universe. BS flag again on that one, sir.
Imagine that people can discuss their perceived negatives of a product without you getting uppity. Trust me when I say Glock doesn't need a white knight. They'll do just fine with sales regardless of this thread.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back