What guns you don't like and why?

Kel-Tek P3AT and P11. Really want to like them, really do. Bad execution on excellent ideas, with good prices and customer service.

No specific firearm, but Kimber's customer service sucks.

If it's not a glock or a glock copy, it's crap.

So much for discounting subjective reasons....

of course, its tough to argue with someone who says a GLock is a defensive handgun and considers a 1911A1 merely a fashion accessory...

Not subjective at all, there...:rolleyes:

To be honest, I'm not sure you can give an honest answer about what you like, or don't like without being subjective about it.

Sevens hit it on the head when he said that anything that you or I dislike, will be something that someone else does like, and the argument will start. Flame war, or worse.

Its a good way to get a thread closed. (and I'll do it, too! I really, really will! :D)

Good Luck!

The pistol, is a device that under emergency use, must be simply drawn and fired. There needs to be nothing else done except draw and fire.

The pistol needs to be relatively snag free. That means no crazy beaver tails, spurred hammers, etc.

The pistol needs to have a consistent trigger pull for ease of training. SA/DA is not conductive to this. SAO or DAO only.

Because we don't need an external safety, as it creates an extra step in using the pistol, we must have a heavier and/or longer trigger pull for decreasing the chance of an ND. I do not believe light triggers help your accuracy in any situation except the shooting range.

Glocks, XD's, M&P's, PPX, PPQ, FNS, etc, all fit the bill.

The only people carrying 1911's, P226, Ruger P95's, CZ75's, etc, are gun hipsters. Now if you want a pistol like this for fun then that's cool. But don't think they make a good carry weapon, because you're only fooling yourself.

I dislike Glock but I do like Glock. They are good pistols but they are ugly. I prefer HK and Sig as well as Walther. The Sig P228 is the finest 9mm handgun I have had the pleasure of firing. I wish I never sold mine. In regards to the .45 ACP I would have to say I love my HK45. It is such a nice pistol. However I do enjoy the Glock for what it is, a good durable gun that does what a gun does reliably.

I also am not a fan of Taurus as the customer service they gave my friend was lacking. The same with Kimber as well based upon previous experiences of others.

I must say I like polymer guns and I do like the Sigs as well.

I'm not a Glock fan... I'm sure they are very reliable, but the grip just doesn't fit me, feels like I'm holding a chunk of lumber... I tried to buy one in 10mm, actually went to the store thinking I was going to buy a 10 mm Glock... I just couldn't do it...

I'm not a huge fan of plastic guns anyway... semi auto or revolver... I guess I look at metal guns as being able to be passed down for generations, I can't help but think the plastic guns will get brittle "some time" in the future...

as a reloader, I'm not much of a fan of semi auto anything reloadable... I don't mind them in 22 or in a caliber like 7.62 X 39 where there is tons of cheap steel cased ammo...

all that said... I still have not bought a Glock ( yet ) but I do own plastic guns ( got a little plastic 380 on my belt right now ) so obviously I also have autos, even in rifles... they just aren't my favorite to shoot...

I don't dislike any of them, and certainly could not bring myself to the level of hate and loathing of an inanimate object. :D

There are some that are less appealing to me like the Beretta 92 and the S&W Sigma. Maybe some brands I don't ever see myself owning like Hi-Points.

There is no gun I dislike. Give it to me, I will make it work for the mission at hand.

That being said however, the closest to a dislike would be Glock and that is simply because of the fanboys who treat it as it is the second coming of Christ, especially if they have limited or worse, no experience shooting and/or owning any other handgun.

And for the record, Glock was the first striker fire pistol I ever bought. It was also the first one to get sold off lol....

Last edited:
Don't particularly like the Beretta 92. Fired one and still didn't like it. Don't particularly like HK pistols, except the P7 series. Even OWN a HKUSPC, and find it far less a gun than the 1911 that replaced it. HKs are overrated IMO, and that from an owner of one of their "best." I've never even fired a P7, but would still like one of those. Don't like Taurus "Millenium" pistols-had one for a bit and sold it, due to underwheming accuracy and a PITA mag release. One of my Glocks replaced it and completely outclassed it. Hi-Point pistols, too damn big and ugly-I can take ugly if it's in every other way a fine firearm, but those...... Subjective, yes, but there you are.

The firearm I've been waiting on to come to auction. Then someone swoops in and pays full reserve for it! They always seem to be the one to never appear again for auction in same condition or price range!

I absolutely hate DAO pistols. Doesn't matter that the pull is consistent, it's a compromise. Either put a safety on it and make it SAO or make it a hammer fired DA/SA where only the first shot is a compromise.

Some sacred cows have been slain, so I submit the S&W 642 for sacrifice. I carried one for several years, but never enjoyed practicing with it. Just a snappy little bugger that beat my hand up no matter what grip I used. Looking back, I don't know why I kept it as long as I did.

A little sad that some have to disparage the person who disagrees with their taste. Personally, I have no problem with someone who likes their 642 - it just wasn't for me so I moved on to other options.

I've never cared to much for glocks. Functional and completely sound design. Super reliable. Also ugly and blocky. For some reason I have never been able to shoot accurately with one. I also am not found of kimber. Over hyped and over priced. Many better guns for lot less $$$.

Evil Monkey said:
If it's not a glock or a glock copy, it's crap.

Anybody who condones the carry of SA/DA pistols, revolvers, or SAO pistols with hammers and such is really trying to carry a purse. He's not thinking that it's a practical defensive weapon, but more as something that is part of his outfit. A statement piece.

Evil Monkey said:
The only people carrying 1911's, P226, Ruger P95's, CZ75's, etc, are gun hipsters. Now if you want a pistol like this for fun then that's cool. But don't think they make a good carry weapon, because you're only fooling yourself.

Ignorance at it's finest. So because you prefer Glock's or striker fired pistols, anyone who doesn't carry a striker fired gun is only doing so to make a statement. That makes a whole lot of sense.

I guess Navy Seals, some of the most elite operators in the entire world, who get to choose every piece of equipment they use, are gun hipsters and only trying to make a statement by choosing Sig 229's in 9mm as their sidearms. Someone should have told them they should be using Glock's instead.

Personally I am not a fan of Glock's, the grips lack ergonomics and the grip angle causes the gun to not point right for me. Funny thing is I prefer DA/SA pistols over striker fired, I guess that makes me a "gun hipster" and the only reason I like them is to make a statement and for attention.

Last edited:
Having short stubby fingers Glocks never fit my hand. So I am not a fan. I respect that they work when they are needed to.

However, with that said, even if I had larger hands, I dont find them aesthetically pleasing to my eyes, unlike a 1911 that can be dressed up and customized.

Thats my personal preference.

Dragline45, makes ya wonder, how did we ever win a gunfight using a "Hipster" auto pistol, or a revolver even?!
[emoji12] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji12]

Any Ruger DA revolver. Ugly.

Glocks. Ugly and feel like holding a 2x4.

Ruger early DA autos. Ugly. Real ugly.

Lever action pistols meant to look like sawed off M92 Winchesters. Useless.

All 45/410 revolvers. Too big, too heavy, too ugly.

New Model Ruger SA revolvers. I like the traditional action.

Tec 9 style pistols. Useless.

Any revolver over 44 Magnum. Too much recoil.

1911s with extended tangs, controls, grooves at front of slide, etc.

Any handgun with a baked on refinish.

O/U derringers. Ugh.

Stainless (although I do own two of them). Practical, but I hate the look of stainless. I polished both of mine shiny.

Any gun with product warnings stamped prominently.

Revolvers with sleeved barrels.

Revolvers with key locks.

Handguns with scopes.

Eight shot 357 revolvers. They just offend me.

Any DA revolver in 45 Colt with a barrel over 4". Why a long barrel 45?

The 44 Automag. Big, heavy, clunky and silly looking.

Handguns with rails.

Or muzzle brakes.

Or porting.

Gee, didn't realize I was such a hater...

Either put a safety on it and make it SAO or make it a hammer fired DA/SA where only the first shot is a compromise

This is because you believe that in an adrenaline filled shootout, with you firing from an awkward position, or while moving and firing rapidly against a moving opponent, your 3lb 1911 trigger will somehow make you a sick marksman. That is ridiculous.

I guess Navy Seals, some of the most elite operators in the entire world, who get to choose every piece of equipment they use, are gun hipsters and only trying to make a statement by choosing Sig 229's in 9mm as their sidearms.

There are many reasons for their choices that we do not understand. But we do understand what's needed for the concealed carrier, and it's not a sig p226. I had explained all that in my last post, but you just ignored it.

So because you prefer Glock's or striker fired pistols, anyone who doesn't carry a striker fired gun is only doing so to make a statement. That makes a whole lot of sense.

Exactly. Just like those insane gun owners who think it's appropriate to use an M1 Garand as a home defense weapon.

Uh-oh!

One of our posters might be suffering

from

Banana Deficiency.

lol

I had explained all that in my last post, but you just ignored it.

I did read it, and you are correct I chose to ignore it because I don't agree with more than half the stuff you say.

You seem to think that what meets your standards for firearms are gospel and everyone should adopt them. I can't tell if you are just trying to troll and get a rise out of people, or you are really that ignorant about firearms.

Back