What gun would YOU get next?

If I owned those 5 guns, I believe I would sell them and buy something different.
I'm a Savage 24 fan so I'm gonna say one of those. Why not a Marlin 55? I like the oddball yet still affordable guns.

I have to recommend the lever action. A nice model 92 or 94 Winchester will widen your horizon. Marlin makes a nice rig as well. It's a question of balance. You have the tacticool pretty much covered. Branch out a little. There is a an aspect of firearm enjoyment that you have yet to discover.

"For those that said .308 bolt or .308 semi, please specify exactly what rifle you would choose. Being that vague is not all that helpful. I obviously have a few rifles I'm looking closely at..."

Sorry, I've been away for a while. To clarify, for a .308, I would look strongly at the Savage Precision Carbine if you like a removable magazine or the Savage Hog Hunter if you like back-up iron sights.

I really like Savages and the PC has a really nice balance. Both of these have a threaded barrel as a bonus.

The next gun I'm getting (already saving) is a weatherby vanguard s2 stainless in .300 win mag. I have a vanguard s1 in said caliber and I plan to sell it and upgrade to a higher quality rifle. Also want to acquire a 12 guage with the full 31/2 chamber (pump, semi, or side by side are all fine by me) because its just 23/4 for me at this time. Would also like to get an accurate bolt gun of some kind in .243 (I have a savage 99 in said caliber but would like more of a tack driver for long range plinking). I also would love for someone to make a decent looking rifle in the new .17wsm rim fire I could afford...the b-mag is just soooo hideous! And the other options are waaaay out of my budget. Just as well...give time for them to work all the bugs in their designs out before I buy one.

I want a stevens 200 .308, but having a tough time finding any. I think it's the perfect project gun and tops in performance/cost ratio. although, I have never had one, so I could be totally wrong

I've been asking myself some of the same questions and I have been looking at the Ruger Scout rifle as mentioned above. It is a compact rifle 10 rnd magazine. Looks cool and you can also afford a .22 rifle. The reliability and accuracy of a bolt action rifle. The sks suggestion is also a good one. They are fun rifles.

I can't fault you on wanting Miroku made Winchester. I was looking at one of their 1886 .45-70's and wondering if the original was that well made... The only down side I could see was that it wasn't factory tapped for a peep sight...

Tony

Based on your list, and wants/intended uses..

A 308 ar 10 type...
S&w mp 10, a dpms offering, armalite, rock river, knights, psa, etc...

If it was me I would prefer something that took common pmags as they are plentiful..

All your other listings except the shotgun are semi auto mag fed..common calibers,

What I would get would be something diffrent, a bolt action 308...
Cz 550 or some flavor of a savage 10 or remington 700 comes to mind..

But that is based on my wants/uses not yours.

I don't have a 300 or 308 yet so maybe a savage 10fcp hs precision as soon as I free up a fund for it, is the candidate for my next rifle...

I was in the local Cabelas tonight picking up bullets and they had a Star 9mm in there for $300....it had two mags included. just cant spare the $300 right now. NOt like I need it as to me 9mm is wimpy but I could use it to work up 9mm for floks that I load for in this time of having to use so many odd powders.

I think I'm gonna get a Springfield M1A Scout Squad. Tell me why I'm wrong.

You're not wrong. I love mine. But falling in line with what other posters in the thread have said I highly recommend swapping out the factory brake with a flash hider. My Scout currently wears an AAC Blackout flash hider and it is 100% more enjoyable to shoot and be around while it is being shot.

Any kind of brake is absolutely punishing to be around while shooting.

Back