What does the Wife Carry ?

If you think helping a wife pick out a weapon is challenging, try helping her find a holster. Hips are too big, too little, boobs in the way, most her pants don't accommodate belts, etc., etc.

Might just want to kick back and stay out of it much like you probably did when they were searching for the firearm.

If you think helping a wife pick out a weapon is challenging, try helping her find a holster. Hips are too big, too little, boobs in the way, most her pants don't accommodate belts, etc., etc.

Might just want to kick back and stay out of it much like you probably did when they were searching for the firearm.
too many videos on youtube of women showing what and how they carry for a man to do anything but point to youtube.

My wife carries a Shield 9 most of the time, IWB. She has recently wanted to start OWB. As most of her belts were crappy, first thing we did was get her a good gun belt. So, she goes OWB. Says she can't even tell she's carrying the Shield, I said that's the point. All's is well....

We go to the LGS. We buy a IWI Masada (which is now sporting a Holosun 507c, and will be in my duty rig), a Colt Competition and a Sig TacOPS. The Colt for her. Now she wants to carry a full size 1911. Who am I to argue? She tries it, and with her new belt, loves it.

The day she sports the 1911, we go to another LGS. There we spy a Steyr M9 A1, something that's been on the short list for a minute. It's quickly bought. Currently awaiting the AlienGear OWB holster for it. Then that's going into her carry rotation.

So, there you have it, my wife carries a Shield 9, a full size .45 1911 and soon a full size Steyr. My advice, regardless of pistol, make sure they get a good belt and holster.

She settled on the Colt Pocketlite /.380ACP.

It's quality was the first factor that stood out. It's also not a
blow-back design. That's important since it allows her to easily
rack the slide.

Very well made and accurate, near-perfect size and easy to shoot.

We are sold on this one.

She carries a Walther PK-380:
PK380.jpg

On duty, she carries a Glock 17 with a Glock 48 with 15 a round SHEILD mag as a BUG.

Off duty, she has been carrying her Glock 48 IWB with 2 spares in place of her formerly beloved Glock 19 since I bought her the 15 round SHIELD magazines.

She picked out a Glock 26, and a S&W 637 as her carry guns.

She’s shot several of her dads pistols in the past, and been shooting with me a few times, so had tried several and narrowed it down. Went to the sore by herself, both times, and picked what she wanted.

Then she asked me to help her reload so she could go shoot them regularly

Been married 10 years, she still shoots with me and the kids, and will come help reload a little here and there.

She loves her S&W Bodyguard 380. Nice and compact. Takes a bit of shooting to adjust to double action only, but once you know what to expect its a peach.

Mrs Schlitz is currently using a SIG 238 that she shoots very well & recently she bought a Kimber Micro 9 that she's shooting every week & will possibly move up to once she's comfortable with her skills with it.I tried to steer her to a bit bigger gun but ultimately she does what she wants & I'm there to support whatever she chooses & keep 'em clean, tuned, & well fed.

Back